Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3083870 times)

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #6350 on: November 23, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »

Yeah, posting pics on facebook takes ages. It's really a lot of work.

Offline AmmoJammo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6351 on: November 23, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »

Yeah, posting pics on facebook takes ages. It's really a lot of work.

You have to go out and buy film, take your photos, finish the film (you don't want to waste it) send it off to get developed, that will take a week, then you'll need to find someone with a scanner, so much work!

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #6352 on: November 23, 2016, 09:22:56 pm »
Does anybody known which side the steering wheel is on in Darwin ?.   :-//

Why did I even ask that question ?, dummkopf.   ::)

Offline Arjan Emm

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6353 on: November 23, 2016, 09:30:13 pm »
Yep. It's a business, we have the contact details, it has to be worth a phone call just to see what they say.

Strange:  Darwin is on a different clock than the world, for example Google says their time is  (GMT+9:30)

This is the first time I have come across a 1/2 hour time zone.
It used to be minutes between cities in europe before time zones were invented. Half hours were not uncommon till only a few decades back. As time got more important  , the time zones got wider till one hour zones. wich are much easier to calculate with.
Science only really needs the seconds to planck time region and you simply discard the hours  as long as the timing is right, nothing can go wrong ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:02:02 pm by Arjan Emm »

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6354 on: November 23, 2016, 09:45:38 pm »
The problem is the business is out of a trailer (if still in business)

He is still in business. The post he did 14 hours ago references his business Facebook page. Why would he do that if he went out of business?

Seems like Wayne Plume runs a number of battery businesses in NT. Maybe it's worth while sending him an e-mail asking him for detailed photos of one of his Batterisers, you know, for the good of science. Although I'm curious, why would someone who obviously has knowledge of battery technologies bother buying a Batteriser?!

The PCB was always shown as being on top of the sleeve, not under a lip at the top....

So that would mean the PCB would be visible in the "backers" picture, on top of the sleeve..

Well spotted.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:11:39 am by Halcyon »

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #6355 on: November 23, 2016, 09:48:17 pm »

On the wrong side, not the same as the Greek car
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6356 on: November 23, 2016, 09:53:24 pm »

Left/right is not the problem.  They drive upside down in Darwin and through some miracle reversal of physics the cars manage not to fall off the road and into the sky. 

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6357 on: November 23, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »
Someone else has received something:

No tracking number but I received mine today. I’m in Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia so I expected some delays. 4 × 4 packs of AA’s. Very well packaged. Only had time to do some quick testing but they do increase the voltage (ie. 1.1v to 1.49v on 2 batteries). I’ll test them in some devices and see how they go? I’ll post some pics on my facebook page (@revivebatteries) when I get time.

"revivebatteries" has claimed he has received them and he claims he is from Darwin. This is the same "revivebatteries"  who has "personally been to their Head Office and seen the product working"

Another coincident that only someone who knows Bob personally has gotten them and reported in.
The other verified one of course is Bob's former college at Flextronics.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6358 on: November 23, 2016, 11:21:37 pm »
I will PayPal $50 USD today ( today is defined as 12 hours from this post) to one of these recipients in Greece or Australia or anywhere who can photograph their received Batterisers on top of today's dated newspaper with the PCB and components clearly visible from the top and bottom here on this forum.  It ain't the LOTTO, but it's a decent wage for a few minutes of trouble. 

If you don't want to establish an account here, just PM me and I will give you my email address. 

This is a genuine offer.  Surely this must be simple to do. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:25:07 pm by LabSpokane »

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #6359 on: November 23, 2016, 11:24:41 pm »
$$$$   :-+ :)

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6360 on: November 23, 2016, 11:27:34 pm »
If you don't want to establish an account here, just PM me and I will give you my email address. 

You can't PM someone without an account.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6361 on: November 23, 2016, 11:29:49 pm »
Another one?

I don't see that post on IGG  :-//

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #6362 on: November 23, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »
$$$$   :-+ :)

Took me a few minutes to get this  :-DD :-DD :-DD
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #6363 on: November 23, 2016, 11:33:14 pm »
I will PayPal $50 USD today ( today is defined as 12 hours from this post) to one of these recipients in Greece or Australia or anywhere who can photograph their received Batterisers on top of today's dated newspaper with the PCB and components clearly visible from the top and bottom here on this forum.  It ain't the LOTTO, but it's a decent wage for a few minutes of trouble. 

This is a genuine offer.  Surely this must be simple to do.

Why don't you just call Charles?  Dial 011 first then the number, and ask if he takes Paypal

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6364 on: November 23, 2016, 11:49:16 pm »

You can't PM someone without an account.

My handle @gmail will work fine then.  For the price of a newspaper and some bits, someone's Batteriser sleeves will essentially be free. 

I'm actually working on firmware between breaks or I would Skype the guy in Aussieland. 

Offline ludzinc

• Supporter
    • My Misadventures In Engineering
« Reply #6365 on: November 24, 2016, 12:06:08 am »
I'm in Adelaide, same GMT offset so I gave the guy a call.

Long story short, he claims to have 4 packs and wants to be the Aussie distributor.

I asked him for pics, he's promised to email them to me.

This bloke sounds legit - to the point  he wants to share his test data, but he's a bit flat out at the moment.

Apparently all these people keep calling him about his batterisers.....

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6366 on: November 24, 2016, 12:10:35 am »
Long story short, he claims to have 4 packs and wants to be the Aussie distributor.

That's the only thing that makes sense around here!

Now, once again it's an interesting coincidence that of 3 of the 5 people have claimed the receive them now:
One is proven to be Bob's colleague from Flextronics. One is this wannabe Oz distributor who has visited them personally. And one is a mystery guy in Greece.
Does that sound like a  random allocation of Indiegogo shipments to backers?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:14:50 am by EEVblog »

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #6367 on: November 24, 2016, 12:13:46 am »

This bloke sounds legit - to the point  he wants to share his test data, but he's a bit flat out at the moment.

Everyone should watch Godfather then make him an offer he cannot refuse.  Already someone offered $50 for pics.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #6368 on: November 24, 2016, 12:19:29 am »

Now, once again it's an interesting coincidence that 3 people have claimed the receive them now.
One is proven to be Bob's colleague from Flextronics. One is this wannabe Oz distributor who has visited them personally. And one is a mystery guy in Greece.
Does that sound like a a random allocation of Indiegogo shipments to backers?

Here's my theory on what's happening:

There's major money on the line from a VC or big retail outlet that hinges on them actually shipping something to existing retailers or distributors. However, they still don't have an actual DFM product ready to ship en mass. They can't finish production without this infusion of cash...

So, they announced they're shipping to secure this money. Now, they know they can't come up with another excuse for a delay, because they've already announced they're shipping. So, they're shipping hand assembled prototypes, made with original Batteriser test casings, plastic cases and packaging test prints from last year.

They're shipping these out to a few choice retailers/distributors as representative samples. They'll then point the investors to these people as proof they're actually shipping a product.

This theory explains everything.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #6369 on: November 24, 2016, 12:23:17 am »

There's major money on the line from a VC or big retail outlet that hinges on them actually shipping something to existing retailers or distributors. However, they still don't have an actual DFM product ready to ship en mass. They can't finish production without this infusion of cash...

So, they announced they're shipping to secure this money. Now, they know they can't come up with another excuse for a delay, because they've already announced they're shipping. So, they're shipping hand assembled prototypes, made with original Batteriser test casings, plastic cases and packaging test prints from last year.

They're shipping these out to a few choice retailers/distributors as representative samples. They'll then point the investors to these people as proof they're actually shipping a product.

I like your theory - it makes sense  :-+

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6370 on: November 24, 2016, 12:30:05 am »

Now, once again it's an interesting coincidence that 3 people have claimed the receive them now.
Does that sound like a a random allocation of Indiegogo shipments to backers?

There's clearly something going on in the background with SKTA trying to shop the product or the entire company.  And whoever they are selling to is reading these threads.

The bounty stands.  If you've got it today.  I'll pay you to show us today. 

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6371 on: November 24, 2016, 01:14:16 am »

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6372 on: November 24, 2016, 02:06:16 am »

Good work  :-+

Is he aware of Dave's videos and this thread? Perhaps he would be willing to contribute some meaningful data to the forum? I doubt he is bound by any kind of non-disclosure agreement. Dave, maybe there is a trip to the top end coming up ;-)

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6373 on: November 24, 2016, 02:07:17 am »
I contacted Wayne (Revive Batteries)and here is his reply he said I can post:

G'day Dave,
 Why the fuck would I engage with a complete tosser like you?
I've seen all the shit on your blog.
Never seen a bigger collection of wankers in one place in my life.

I do have the batterisers - whether they work or not, I'm yet to find out?
The only tests I've done to date are simple voltage readings and yes they do increase by about 25% - 30% (ie. 1.15 volts to 1.49 volts etc.)
I have some products that use AA batteries and will be testing them soon when I have some time.

I am not a personal friend of any of the Batteroo people.
I have been following this since conception and have been in regular contact with them about being a reseller in Aus.
Obviously there is a huge potential to make money if they do work.
In October I went to the Desert Trip concert in Palm Springs US and took the time to drive up to Sunnyvale and meet with some of the Batteroo people.

No, I will not sell any to you - you couldn't pay me enough.
Given all the bullshit flying around about this I'm going to make the time to put some photos on my facebook page shortly.

Why not copy and paste this entire email on your blog ????
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:09:47 am by EEVblog »

The following users thanked this post: samgab, thm_w, Kean, CrashO, ccs46, johndoe123

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6374 on: November 24, 2016, 02:11:22 am »

Anyone "receiving" a Batteriser that *doesn't* have a severe conflict of interest?!   :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf