Author Topic: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project  (Read 3451953 times)

NikolaSoft, jellytot, carrascoso and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline vklimk

• Contributor
Re: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
« Reply #7950 on: November 02, 2022, 04:23:48 pm »
Low quality of these ICs I think...
We know that it can be not easy task to purchase good quality electronics parts from China. Maybe fnirsi have purchased defective ICs for their devices.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7951 on: November 02, 2022, 04:26:24 pm »
Low quality of these ICs I think...
On this most likely assumption, I certainly agree with you. Probably a fake of chips, which is similar to the same fake of microcontrollers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:29:26 pm by indman »

Offline MaxFrister

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7952 on: November 05, 2022, 02:38:50 am »
Why do you think that R16 on your board has a resistance of 5 ohm? The internationally coded 59X stands for 40.20 ohms ± 1%.

I ran some measurements on my board.  First I returned it to it's original configuration and measured the current.  Testing a 2V zener, it uses 52mA.

I removed R16 and measured it out of circuit.  It measures 40 ohms as you expected.  I returned it to the circuit and it measures ~7 ohms. 

I think it is likely that U7 is bad. 

Does zener testing work on any LCR-T7 boards?

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7953 on: November 05, 2022, 07:27:58 am »
I returned it to the circuit and it measures ~7 ohms. I think it is likely that U7 is bad. 
Yes, you have a faulty U7! 7 ohms is the resistance between 2 and 3 pins of U7!
If you find an original high-quality SY7200A and install, then testing zener diodes will work fine on your clone.Also, according to the documentation in the circuit, it is desirable to install an X7R type capacitor at least 2.2 mkF(low ESR) at the output voltage, as well as to ensure a minimum load on the chip in the form of a resistor (pick up the nominal value), which will exclude possible self-excitation of the circuit in idle mode(open circuit).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 07:36:28 am by indman »

The following users thanked this post: elecdonia

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7954 on: November 05, 2022, 10:41:31 am »
It was possible to obtain acceptable measurement results of the TTester using the Mega2560. Additionally, I installed capacitors and replaced the capacitor with AREF. Scheme and examples of measurements in the pictures.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 11:00:29 am by Yuriy_K »

The following users thanked this post: Mickle T., elecdonia

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #7955 on: November 05, 2022, 03:24:25 pm »
The ATmega2560 also has sufficient pins for driving larger displays (ILI9481, ILI9486 or ILI9488) via 8-bit parallel bus.

Offline ozkarah

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7956 on: November 07, 2022, 12:00:37 am »
I have a new BSIDE ESR02 Pro. I want to check which firmware it came with but no FW version is published either on the boot screen, or in menu options.
Does anyone know how to learn which fw it has and which version?

The following users thanked this post: elecdonia

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7957 on: November 07, 2022, 11:29:52 am »
IIRC, they come with a modified older k-firmware. You can update the firmware to the latest k or m-firmware if you like.

Offline Martini

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7958 on: November 12, 2022, 01:28:25 pm »
I'd like to buy my first (and hopefully last) component tester. Could you advise me the right hardware and firmware depending on my requirements?

Offline snapper

• Contributor
« Reply #7959 on: November 12, 2022, 02:38:56 pm »
hello,
does anyone here know this version with socketed µC and may know a source of purchase ?
regards

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7960 on: November 12, 2022, 04:14:17 pm »
I'd like to buy my first (and hopefully last) component tester. Could you advise me the right hardware and firmware depending on my requirements?

Please see https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/blob/master/Documentation/English/Clone-Comparison-Chart.pdf for an overview.

The following users thanked this post: yaros

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7961 on: November 12, 2022, 04:31:06 pm »
does anyone here know this version with socketed µC and may know a source of purchase ?

Looks like an LCR-T7 with ATmega328. You can get them from most shopping platforms. However, finding the exact same one could need some effort as there are several different LCR-T7 models.

Offline wandows

• Contributor
« Reply #7962 on: November 12, 2022, 04:36:09 pm »
Hello everybody!
After updating the firmware I'm having some problems, could any friends help me solve this problem (M328_KIT_TFT)?

Firmware version 1.47m

config.h
#define HW_ENCODER
#define ENCODER_PULSES   4
#define ENCODER_STEPS    20
#define HW_REF25

Note: The device works normally with the original firmware

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 04:40:51 pm by wandows »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7963 on: November 12, 2022, 07:05:06 pm »
Have you tried the settings for AY-AT / GM328A in the Clones file? And don't forget to program also the EEPROM.

Offline wandows

• Contributor
« Reply #7964 on: November 12, 2022, 07:11:41 pm »
Yes, I've tried several versions and the only one that works is version 1.12.

And I always update the EEPROM

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7965 on: November 12, 2022, 07:15:57 pm »
After updating the firmware I'm having some problems, could any friends help me solve this problem (M328_KIT_TFT)?
Note: The device works normally with the original firmware

You have combined the files from the modified firmware with the original files yourself and compiling? Therefore, the display is chaos.
In order for the modified firmware to work well, you need to make changes in a very large number of source files and understand the whole mechanism of the author's algorithm.  :)

Offline wandows

• Contributor
« Reply #7966 on: November 12, 2022, 07:25:21 pm »
I modified the following files:
makefile
config.h
config_328.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7967 on: November 12, 2022, 07:31:08 pm »
In that case you need to clean the entire crystal before you update the firmware. I see in the screenshot you showed the remnants of code from the previous firmware.

Offline wandows

• Contributor
« Reply #7968 on: November 12, 2022, 07:44:34 pm »
Friend indmam, what would be the procedure to clean the crystal?

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7969 on: November 13, 2022, 06:55:16 am »
wandows,I don't know what shell you use. For example, in a very simple program AVRDUDE PROG 3.3 cleaning of the entire crystal is done by simply pressing the button which I have shown with a red arrow.

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7970 on: November 13, 2022, 07:42:45 am »
A small addition to the TTester circuit allows you to measure the frequencies of quartz and ceramic resonators. This is for testers that have an input for measuring frequency. The picture shows unsuccessful measurements of the Ttester according to the HilandM644 scheme, the first three pictures are the top row and measurements according to the attached scheme. For example, various measurements are given. The measurement range of the above circuit is 32 kHz - 4.5 MHz.
If you need to measure quartz resonators at high frequencies, use the 74HC4060, change the resistors and capacitors down and use a prescaler.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 07:46:58 am by Yuriy_K »

Offline wandows

• Contributor
« Reply #7971 on: November 13, 2022, 12:16:19 pm »
wandows,I don't know what shell you use. For example, in a very simple program AVRDUDE PROG 3.3 cleaning of the entire crystal is done by simply pressing the button which I have shown with a red arrow.

Hello friend indman!

I managed to solve it, and the problem was in the selection of the .HEX and .EEP files.

By a simple oversight I was selecting the .HEX file for the EEPROM.

Update completed successfully!

Thanks in advance for your attention and help!!!

Offline Martini

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7972 on: November 13, 2022, 01:25:54 pm »

Please see https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/blob/master/Documentation/English/Clone-Comparison-Chart.pdf for an overview.

I did check it out but I'm not sure that's enough for me to make a decision :-\

• I'll use it mostly for in-circuit capacitor testing, is there any difference ESR-wise?
  • I saw the m firmware could test capacitor leakage (like this?). How does it work, what hardwares can do it?
  • Does the power supply make any difference? Like, will a tester using a 9V battery be able to generate a 9V signal from his function generator? Or test a higher voltage Zener diode?
  • I think a rotary encoder makes them easier to use, so that limits the choice
  • I also think I'd like the pads to test DPAK or SOT-223 components
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 03:03:48 pm by Martini »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7973 on: November 13, 2022, 03:43:35 pm »
I'll use it mostly for in-circuit capacitor testing, is there any difference ESR-wise?

No, but I'd recommend a dedicated in-circuit ESR tester (lower test voltage)

saw the m firmware could test capacitor leakage (like this?). How does it work, what hardwares can do it?

Works with standard probes, but only up to 5V. If you are playing with higher voltages better get a special leakage tester which can provide the voltages the DUTs are rated for.

Does the power supply make any difference? Like, will a tester using a 9V battery be able to generate a 9V signal from his function generator? Or test a higher voltage Zener diode?

Just 5V signals. However, the Zener check uses a separate boost converter up to 50V output. Some clones generate a test voltage around 25 or 35V, a few about 45V.

Offline juvann

• Contributor
« Reply #7974 on: November 14, 2022, 07:13:55 pm »
Very big and interesting thread, sorry if I don't read all pages, I tried to search my question without success.
I'd like buy a LCR-T7(2) and use the good alternative firmware madires, but I'd like also an interesting feature of Hiland M644 "quartz and ceramik resonators".
Is there a mod for support "quartz and ceramik resonators" in LCR-T7 and just enable it with define HW_FREQ_COUNTER_EXT?
I don't like Hiland M644 because use a not recharable battery, no ports protection and is not cheap.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf