Author Topic: Yet another cheap thermal imager incoming.. Seek Thermal  (Read 1019486 times)

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
Re: Yet another cheap thermal imager incoming.. Seek Thermal
« Reply #1250 on: December 12, 2014, 09:07:08 pm »
old 1.4.0.2(76) new 1.4.0.2(81).
Really?
Anyway Google play app store it is a joke ..apps for toys-no version numbers before install click :-DD

Check MD5 sums of files inside those apk and find real difference between -whatever it means (76) and (81) and why not 1.4.0.3 or 1.4.1 but 4 digits there  :palm:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:10:21 pm by eneuro »
12oV4dWZCAia7vXBzQzBF9wAt1U3JWZkpk
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1251 on: December 12, 2014, 10:44:28 pm »
old 1.4.0.2(76) new 1.4.0.2(81).
Really?
Anyway Google play app store it is a joke ..apps for toys-no version numbers before install click :-DD

Scroll down a bit mate.

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1252 on: December 12, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »
Scroll down
Cleary visible with... Google Glass :-DD
Most  software repositories have software version number close to application name-but ok, we have to scroll to see more marketing spam on Google Play web site  :)
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Offline PF4EEV

« Reply #1253 on: December 13, 2014, 12:35:22 am »
Hi guys

I am glad I finally found people who use ore try to use this camera
I bought it a while ago hoping that I will be able to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy tab to KitKat 4.4.4 and to buy a microUSB adapter for it.
The Support team from Seek Thermal told me that the minimum requirements for this should be Android 4.3 and they also mentioned something about the front camera.

After I upgraded to KitKat I had to manually install the software using the apk file, google play rejected my table
I am now stuck with the camera connected to the tablet and the software not seeing the camera

What would you guys recommend me in my situation?
Is there anything that I can do to have it working on Android?
Do you guys have any Step By Step instructions for making this work in an Adroid emulator for Windows?
And the last question if I may, how do I check if my cable provides OTG to the thermal camera ?

thanks a lot
PF

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1254 on: December 13, 2014, 12:44:00 am »
what distro did you choose for upgrading the KitKat to 4.4.4?
I know that cyangenmod breaks OTG because I was going to use some old phones I had around (mytouch 4G) They even broke OTG for the Nook, but the nook has a problem of not having something hardwired.

But for fixing OTG on your distro you probably should ask on the android forums.

Offline PF4EEV

« Reply #1255 on: December 13, 2014, 12:49:59 am »
Ups ..that is exactly what I used ...cyangenmod..
What can I do now?

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1256 on: December 13, 2014, 01:59:31 am »
OTG is explained here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

OTG Micro USB Pin 5 (OTG ID) inclusion and correct master/slave status is essential in an extension lead for the SEEK. If not connected your tablet will not work correctly with the peripheral device. The above link explains the OTG requirements well.

This seller (YCS) explains the difference in usage. An OTG cable apparently is not designed for charging or syncing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-YCS-Basics-3-foot-USB-Micro-male-to-female-OTG-extension-cable-/251646200345?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item3a97484a19

Aurora
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:17:18 am by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline PF4EEV

« Reply #1257 on: December 13, 2014, 05:31:16 am »
Thanks Aurora! That means that I must have the wrong cable.
Have you came across of a OTG microUSB cable that fits Samsunt Galaxy Tab 2.0 ?

Would this one work?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-A-Female-to-Micro-B-Female-OTG-Data-SAMSUNG-Plug-Adapter-for-GALAXY-TAB-/261513203575?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item3ce366cf77
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:33:08 am by PF4EEV »

Offline encryptededdy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1258 on: December 13, 2014, 10:02:03 am »
Thanks Aurora! That means that I must have the wrong cable.
Have you came across of a OTG microUSB cable that fits Samsunt Galaxy Tab 2.0 ?

Would this one work?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-A-Female-to-Micro-B-Female-OTG-Data-SAMSUNG-Plug-Adapter-for-GALAXY-TAB-/261513203575?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item3ce366cf77

It looks like it would, but the Galaxy Tab 2's weird propriety connector makes it a pain to get OTG. Do you have any other Android device with a standard MicroUSB socket?

Offline Uho

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1259 on: December 13, 2014, 10:24:07 am »
If you do not want to wait for the cable - you do. I spent a 1:00 time. The adapter can be connected to a PC and OTG cable.

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1260 on: December 13, 2014, 11:45:56 am »
Do you have schematics for this?

Yep, those dongles are available on Amazon at low cost, but in custom Seek Thermal camera I'd like to connect directly to desoldered Seek pcb from from its mUSB.
Anyway nice to have schematics for any working Seek thermal mUSB to PC USB to be able test those available.
On wiki  USB OTG we have such connectors:

Are there any resistors needed between some pins?

Haven't got time to make teardown of such adapter  and draw schematics myself >:D

Inside Seek dongle this looks like below, so of course in custom Seek camera we want solder those 5 mUSB OTG connector pins directly to its pads:

Not too many combinations, but detailed schematics could be helpfull for any Seek DIY player to distinguish proper adapter from that which won't work with Seek device based on a few measurements using multimeter  ;)

it looks like: (musbf4 <-> musbf5) <-> usbA4  but what is it between musbf1 and usbA1 in this custom DIY adapter?
Correct me if made wrong reverse of this tinny adapter...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:43:32 pm by eneuro »
-||-|-

Offline Uho

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1261 on: December 13, 2014, 01:03:47 pm »
I used the scheme in the figure. In the supply gap has set a jumper instead of a fuse.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:10:40 pm by Uho »

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #1262 on: December 13, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »
It seems that they have removed blockage of an app installation outside US:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tyriansystems.SeekThermal

So it should be much easier to get future versions of the app... :-+

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1263 on: December 13, 2014, 01:20:25 pm »
In the supply gap has set a jumper instead of a fuse.
Yep, only this black thing on (1+) line looked very mysterious on  your DIY Micro-B female <-> Type A male usb adapter PCB while inside Seek we have Micro-B male USB connector and now its clear howto solder those pads on Seek PCB to any custom adapter without any additional measurements  8)
Thx for demystifying this.
-||-|-

Offline PF4EEV

« Reply #1264 on: December 13, 2014, 02:25:06 pm »
It seems that they have removed blockage of an app installation outside US:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tyriansystems.SeekThermal

So it should be much easier to get future versions of the app... :-+
I wonder if this was blocked for Canada!??? That sucks

Offline ricksastro

• Contributor
« Reply #1265 on: December 13, 2014, 05:50:47 pm »
Everybody please check your credit card statements.
I received a "REFUND CONFIRMATION" email from Seek for $199 for the first order I placed. Completely out of the blue.

Then I checked my bank statement and they had debited $199 from my account.
Hoping I can get this straightened out.

Same thing just happened to me.   Got a refund notice a few days ago, and my CC was charged $199!   Need to send some emails to seek I'm thinkin...

Offline heavybarrel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1266 on: December 13, 2014, 08:56:24 pm »
I got the cancellation / refund email going on about a month ago.  My card was charged the 199 about a month before that.
As of yet i have still not gotten the money back, no emails, no nothing. As far as i have seen seek has not actually issued any refunds yet. This might just be another stall tactic. I originally ordered mine about 3 months and some change ago, getting to be
so long ago i forget! Mine was one of the first orders for the ios version.

Offline frenky

• Supporter
    • Frenki.net
« Reply #1267 on: December 13, 2014, 08:59:36 pm »
Perhaps they  have started shipping iOS versions and that is the reason thet credit cards were charged.
There are 13 iOS models on stock on amazon so it seems they have got all necessary apple certifications now: http://goo.gl/TN8nYs

Offline -jeffB

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1268 on: December 13, 2014, 10:22:43 pm »
I made my own while waiting for the adapter, don't recall where I got it from but here is a listing for 2 of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-USB-2-0-A-type-male-to-Micro-USB-B-type-5p-female-Connector-Adapter-convertor-/151445719442

The adapters came in today. It'll probably be a while before I can do much with them, and since I'm working on a Mac, I may have to do a bit of improvising. So far, though, so good -- at least it shows up on the USB device report!

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1269 on: December 13, 2014, 10:52:30 pm »
Just installed the SEEK app on my other Motorola Moto G without incident and I am located in the UK.

As already stated earlier in this thread, the SEEK APP now appears on the UK Play Store and allows download. About time ! It could indicate that SEEK are about to ship to Europe. What is teh betting that it will cost GBP199 in the UK  :(

Aurora
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline ricksastro

• Contributor
« Reply #1270 on: December 14, 2014, 07:14:51 pm »
I got the cancellation / refund email going on about a month ago.  My card was charged the 199 about a month before that.
As of yet i have still not gotten the money back, no emails, no nothing. As far as i have seen seek has not actually issued any refunds yet. This might just be another stall tactic. I originally ordered mine about 3 months and some change ago, getting to be

I actually have the seek device and paid for it a while back.   My transactions were complete.   THEN I got the refund notice and THEN a few days later got another charge of $199 out of the blue.

Offline bhallier

« Reply #1271 on: December 14, 2014, 07:21:38 pm »

I actually have the seek device and paid for it a while back.   My transactions were complete.   THEN I got the refund notice and THEN a few days later got another charge of $199 out of the blue.

I was also just charged again. I originally purchased and paid for it 2 months ago...

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1272 on: December 14, 2014, 07:22:39 pm »
Looking at the FB posts there does seem to be a lot of incompetence happening at Seek (or their order processor), not to mention a major lack of communication
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #1273 on: December 14, 2014, 07:24:25 pm »
Perhaps they  have started shipping iOS versions and that is the reason thet credit cards were charged.
Just saw one report on the FB page of someone having received an ios unit
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1274 on: December 14, 2014, 08:12:52 pm »
When I ordered my Android one a while back it took them forever to ship it and my charge hold disappeared, then they proceeded to charge the amount again, but it wasn't a double charge since the original charge never went through.

Look in your bank history statement to make sure you are not charged twice, but I did find it confusing they way they did the charges.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf