Author Topic: The Non Linear Plasma Reactor  (Read 75978 times)

Offline NonlinearplasmaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: The Non Linear Plasma Reactor
« Reply #725 on: June 21, 2022, 11:21:46 am »
Don't forget the laws of thermodynamics.

Dont forget, that when you have finished with a few fusion reactions trying to heat water to created a potential difference, that most of the energy is still stored in the compressed plasma. Dont waste it. 

Online magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #726 on: June 21, 2022, 11:23:10 am »
The inlet is for controlling the density of the plasma inside the reactor. Like refilling after you used some plasma as thrust from outlet 140B

So, Yes it runs closed loop, except when being used as a propellant.
So basically it's an electric motor: you use electric energy to compress plasma and then force it through turbines to recover the energy as motion.

I suppose it might work, but it will have to compete with other kinds of electric motors invented over the last 100 years.

The following users thanked this post: hexreader, MK14

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #727 on: June 21, 2022, 11:32:18 am »
The inlet is for controlling the density of the plasma inside the reactor. Like refilling after you used some plasma as thrust from outlet 140B

So basically it's an electric motor: you use electric energy to compress plasma and then force it through turbines to recover the energy as motion.

I suppose it might work, but it will have to compete with other kinds of electric motors invented over the last 100 years.
Gosh. 15 pages just to discuss a new electric motor. :palm:

I doubt it's possible to produce more efficient/compact electric motors. It's a very mature technology. I suppose it's possible if room temperature semiconductors are achieved, but then most of the losses will be in the mechanics and driver.

The following users thanked this post: MK14

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #728 on: June 21, 2022, 11:41:20 am »

Refer back to the pulsing of Tokamax fusion reactors and the MHD self sustaining dynamo model for producing Earths magnetic field. When these conditions are meet the reactor becomes a generator. This is provided by the turbine blades so as to not interfere with extracting power via coils around the reactor. A method currently being explored by some plasma research.  The magnetic field induced at 90° affects the double helical wave needed to maintain the dyanmo. Esp once at full load. With the plasma reactor the electrical generator can be kept as far away as necessary so as not to effect the plasma.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #729 on: June 21, 2022, 12:04:48 pm »

I doubt it's possible to produce more efficient/compact electric motors. It's a very mature technology. I suppose it's possible if room temperature semiconductors are achieved, but then most of the losses will be in the mechanics and driver.

Im sure Sir James Dyson would disagree with you on that statement. As would his countless Patents on his devolpment of electric motors with incredible rpm limits.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #730 on: June 21, 2022, 12:13:28 pm »

Im sure Sir James Dyson would disagree with you on that statement. As would his countless Patents on his devolpment of electric motors with incredible rpm limits.
He didn't develop anything completely original, or revolutionary, just put existing technologies such as cyclonic filtration and a switched reluctance motor in a vacuum cleaner. Fair enough, he deserves some credit for the design and that no one had done it before.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #731 on: June 21, 2022, 12:21:07 pm »
Not a chance. The guy created an absolute environmental nightmare with plastics usage and inefficient power hungry unreliable trash and like any other corporation let the weak WEEE directive handle the fallout rather than have any corporate responsibility. Lets not even start on the whole Singapore thing either...

He's merely another factory pressed businessman that people aspire to be.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 12:23:20 pm by bd139 »

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #732 on: June 21, 2022, 12:22:03 pm »
He didn't develop anything completely original, or revolutionary, just put existing technologies such as cyclonic filtration and a switched reluctance motor in a vacuum cleaner. Fair enough, he deserves some credit for the design and that no one had done it before.

He has done plenty more than just that, and also funds programs to increase the number of engineers coming out of further education.

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/archived/resources-archived/dyson-sweeps-up-vacuum-cleaner-market-with-100000rpm-2003-10/

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #733 on: June 21, 2022, 12:23:53 pm »
Not a chance. The guy created an absolute environmental nightmare with plastics usage and inefficient power hungry equipment and like any other corporation let the weak WEEE directive handle the fallout rather than have any corporate responsibility. Lets not even start on the whole Singapore thing either...

He's merely another factory pressed businessman that people aspire to be.

Dont hate the player, hate the game. He has to make hard decisions to save jobs. Its the nature of business.

And if you're such an environmentalist then here is a reactor that could bring the power of the sun to you and replace a lot of your dependence on fossil fuels quicker than fusion will thanks to using the potential energy correctly. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 12:29:03 pm by Nonlinearplasma »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #734 on: June 21, 2022, 12:24:44 pm »
I know two ex Dyson employees, both who got hired out of university. He's an arsehole with an arsehole company. Don't read into the marketing too much.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #735 on: June 21, 2022, 12:38:11 pm »
I know two ex Dyson employees, both who got hired out of university. He's an arsehole with an arsehole company. Don't read into the marketing too much.

We are talking about achievements, his personality is irrelevant. You would say the same off me that i would off you. That's Perspective for you. Aint that a metaphor for this little experiment?

Apply to the direction of the positive plasma magnetic fields and negative electron magnetic fields around the toroid on the z pinch. Opposite direction of travel plus opposite charge equals indentical field direction though the polidal axis as the positive plasma fields. Try working it out. 

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #736 on: June 21, 2022, 12:43:54 pm »
The metaphor for this experiment is “shit show”

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #737 on: June 21, 2022, 01:02:03 pm »

He has done plenty more than just that, and also funds programs to increase the number of engineers coming out of further education.

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/archived/resources-archived/dyson-sweeps-up-vacuum-cleaner-market-with-100000rpm-2003-10/
That's just marketing. 💩 :bullshit:

It was nothing new, even back in 2003. The switched reluctance motor was patented back in 1838 and by the 1990s power electronics had become cheap and efficient enough to make it practical to use them in household appliances. All he did was find a new application for a technology, which had recently matured.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, bd139

Online magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #738 on: June 21, 2022, 01:08:37 pm »
Refer back to the pulsing of Tokamax fusion reactors and the MHD self sustaining dynamo model for producing Earths magnetic field. When these conditions are meet the reactor becomes a generator. This is provided by the turbine blades so as to not interfere with extracting power via coils around the reactor. A method currently being explored by some plasma research.  The magnetic field induced at 90° affects the double helical wave needed to maintain the dyanmo. Esp once at full load. With the plasma reactor the electrical generator can be kept as far away as necessary so as not to effect the plasma.
So basically an electric motor which also makes free energy? ::)

While I'm not an astrophysicist, I strongly suspect that extracting any work from Earth's magnetic field, such as orienting a compass needle, causes the core to slow down and cool and the thing will run out of energy after some billions years, like certain planets already did. I also think that preservation of energy wouldn't be discussed with nearly the same level of confidence if a natural mechanism were known which permits self-sustaining magnetic fields to perform work.

For the record, I have invented much more straightforward free energy devices at age of six ;D

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #739 on: June 21, 2022, 01:34:52 pm »
All he did was find a new application for a technology, which had recently matured.

Doesn't sound much when you put it like that, but I think he had nearly as much effect on the vacuum cleaner market as Jobs did with smart phones.

Still got a DC02 which was utterly fab at the time and is still good enough that I'd buy another tomorrow if this one died. No bags, sucks golf balls, etc. Before that one nothing really lasted well, mostly because the damn bags would fill up or the power was more like a sneeze in a paper bag. And being a single bloke at the time I tried quite a few.

Nowadays, I am failing to see how a hair dryer could possibly be worth £300 (and that's without any fancy tooling), but then a No3 probably doesn't warrant that much looking after.

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #740 on: June 21, 2022, 01:35:30 pm »
I may have got help, preparing this post.

his personality is irrelevant.

His personality is not irrelevant, it's vitally important. If he was a jerk, no one would want to work with him and he would never have gotten anywhere.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #741 on: June 21, 2022, 01:51:37 pm »

What is this about? Typically, you give the source of quotes to a) give credit where it's due, b) allow others to check it out and c) goes some way to showing that it's a real quote and not made up.

But also, typically, people don't have anonymous quotes as their entire interaction. If you agree with the quote you can say the thing yourself in your own words.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #742 on: June 21, 2022, 01:57:46 pm »
Smells like GPT-2 to me

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #743 on: June 21, 2022, 02:20:19 pm »

What is this about? Typically, you give the source of quotes to a) give credit where it's due, b) allow others to check it out and c) goes some way to showing that it's a real quote and not made up.

But also, typically, people don't have anonymous quotes as their entire interaction. If you agree with the quote you can say the thing yourself in your own words.

If I try and read the OP's, long wordy posts, I have to stop at near the beginning of the post.

E.g. The plasma, quadrupoles, magnetic superconducting, anti-gravity plasma flow lines, would couple with the reverse-magnet suns North to South, polar flow, ..............

But if I pass it through technologies, such as ....

Smells like GPT-2 to me

Or similar, (the particular version I use, seems to request that you DON'T give links to their stuff, for reasons (possibly because they are worried about legal implications, if it says bad or political things) ......), it actually seems to at least understand it, and give me some possibly useful posting information.

E.g. It might say something like:
"That's a pile of nonsense, the magnetic field lines would actually align.  Please refer to the NASA website link provided, which clarified magnetic flows, within the suns plasma", etc.

I'm put into a dilemma.  I don't want to post stuff I didn't write myself (directly), and pass it off as my own work.  Also I can't link to it as such, anyway.  Because it is the output of an AI (text processing of sorts) engine.

Although you have objected to me doing it or similar, in this thread.  The reason I do it, is because the OP, is one extremely difficult, person.  Who often/usually point blank bluntly refuses, to answer, even the shortest and simplest of questions, with a direct/applicable answer.  So, any tool or aids, which help move this thread along to a conclusion (if that is even ever going to be possible), is good/useful, in my books.

Much of the things in the first 30 pages so far, should have been clearly explained, in the opening post.

My translation of the thread so far (with no help), is as follows:

The design goal is some kind of free-energy, perpetual motion machine, working on the basis that if you string together, a complicated word-salad, thet even the OP, seems to hint, they don't understand (or at least like reading it, especially as regards the patent pending bits).
Therefore, they (OP) can simply claim they have made a great invention.

Whereas the reality seems to be, the OPs lack (nearly total?), of actual real scientific skills/knowledge/experience, is allowing them to incorrectly believe they have made a great invention.  Glossing over the fact, that it is extremely likely (pretty much a certainty), that it WON'T work, free of any energy use and/or perpetual motion concepts.

TL;DR
Great faith, rather than scientific judgement, seems to be powering (pun intentional) this, so called invention.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #744 on: June 21, 2022, 02:38:47 pm »
the OPs lack (nearly total?), of actual real scientific skills/knowledge/experience, is allowing them to incorrectly believe they have made a great invention.

It's an overused term on the internet, but this here seems to be a classic case: Dunning-Kruger effect...

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #745 on: June 21, 2022, 03:13:28 pm »
the OPs lack (nearly total?), of actual real scientific skills/knowledge/experience, is allowing them to incorrectly believe they have made a great invention.

It's an overused term on the internet, but this here seems to be a classic case: Dunning-Kruger effect...

This goes past overconfidence in your abilities and into ignorance of your inabilities.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #746 on: June 21, 2022, 03:17:30 pm »

An overused term indeed. In fact, after the last spate of its use, I remember vowing physical violence to the next member to use it!  :box:
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: MK14, bd139

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #747 on: June 21, 2022, 03:44:14 pm »
An overused term indeed. In fact, after the last spate of its use, I remember vowing physical violence to the next member to use it!  :box:

Ouch.

Feel free to call it something else then, but the mechanism at work is real, and it is strong with this one...

The following users thanked this post: Gyro, MK14

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #748 on: June 21, 2022, 03:45:57 pm »
So how is everyone doing with the concept of turning compressed potential energy into kinetic energy?

Imagine following 1000's of years of generating kinetic energy from potential difference in a fluid, suddenly the flat earthers jump out and say that all these MHD controlled fluids with potential difference causing the fluid to move and a turbine be used to turn that energy into electrical power via kinetic energy.

COMPRESSED PLASMA = potential energy. Large Potential difference crrated on z pinch used to turn turbine blades. The potential energy stored in the compressed electrostatic force of dense plasma releases that energy with an explosive growth that builds pressure. We converted fluid pressure into kinetic energy via turbine blades. This isnt reinventing the wheel.

In a hydro power planet. The potential difference is created by the weight of water, aka gravity the control of density. Which is released on to turbine blades to create kinetic energy. Its the same process, only using the central z pinch as the compression point.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 04:10:23 pm by Nonlinearplasma »

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #749 on: June 21, 2022, 04:07:03 pm »
So how is everyone doing with the concept of turning compressed potential energy into kinetic energy?

Pneumatics, you mean? Heard about it. Have not seen it used as a power plant though. :--

Look, I frankly don't care whether or not you have a working concept to convert energy from a plasma into kinetic energy. (Although I am very confident that you don't.) As long as you claim to have some mysterious way to make a plasma generate unlimited amounts of energy, and argue that the sun is operating on that mysterious mechanism rather than on nuclear fusion, I can't take you seriously.

The following users thanked this post: hexreader, MK14, bd139, magic

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf