Author Topic: Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X  (Read 392253 times)

Offline tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X
« Reply #1100 on: February 22, 2022, 06:49:51 pm »
Is this a model difference? Or maybe a firmware version difference? On my SDM3065X with current (I think) firmware, there is no relay action in continuity mode. Open->short->open is silent (with the beep turned off).
Don't think, check. All SDM models were issued with new firmware 3rd Q last year and it is an important update that ALL owners should install.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
    • webx.dk private hobby and diy stuff
« Reply #1101 on: February 22, 2022, 07:30:38 pm »
just called one of my buddies, who also just got a brand new SDM3055,
he also confirmed the relay click every time zero ohm, in continuity mode,
the first time this mode was used, it is NOT going back again.
so there was a stuck-bit somewhere :-)
he even said he saw stribes on the screen, then recycled power, and bingo, all solved..
he is not on any yellow pills or triangle marked medicine.
Radioamateur OZ2CPU, Senior EE at Prevas
EMC RF SMPS SI PCB LAYOUT and all that stuff.

The following users thanked this post: 4cx10000

Offline ComradeXavier

• Contributor
« Reply #1102 on: February 22, 2022, 08:06:05 pm »
Is this a model difference? Or maybe a firmware version difference? On my SDM3065X with current (I think) firmware, there is no relay action in continuity mode. Open->short->open is silent (with the beep turned off).
Don't think, check. All SDM models were issued with new firmware 3rd Q last year and it is an important update that ALL owners should install.
I'll check next time I'm at the bench. I remember updating last year, but it might have been to 3.01.01.08R1. There's something urgent in 3.01.01.10?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1103 on: February 22, 2022, 08:15:19 pm »
I'll check next time I'm at the bench. I remember updating last year, but it might have been to 3.01.01.08R1. There's something urgent in 3.01.01.10?
Yes, this:
3. Optimize flash R&W design. (boot freeze fix)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: ComradeXavier

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1104 on: February 23, 2022, 12:18:08 pm »
Siglent really listens to its customers.

Really  |O, while reported various BUGS now closed as a year ago as:

. SDM3065X as display with annoying pre zero digits, on reboot time graph gone, dBm display range  :palm:

. SDG2K modulation fade out on square wave FM/PM modulation using low deviations  :palm:

. SSA SW tool no 1Hz RBW selection possible  :palm:

all reported to Siglent Germany (OK, the main is now leaving Siglent DE) but my intentions how the issues are processed as  :-- :-- :--

Also no incident tracking NR given or even exists ....  :-- :--

So, what Siglent channels they used to get a solution within weeks??

Hp

The following users thanked this post: Bad_Driver

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1105 on: March 01, 2022, 02:08:13 pm »
@mawyatt

The four K-type plugs I'd ordered finally arrived just over a week ago and passed the magnet test. However, I was still waiting for a couple of K-type to Banana plug adaptors to turn up so I could do some meaningful testing. They'd been described as using chromel/alumel pins (just like every other freaking Chinese sellers' identically described and pictured adaptors!). Unfortunately, these did not pass the magnet test and I've rejected them as "Not as described".

Since ebay seems to be awash with these adaptors, other than overpriced Chinese manufactured  "Fluke 80A" types, no matter which shopping site you use (Amazon, AliExpress and Ebay), it would seem that these adaptors only exist for use with battery powered handheld meters where the internal to external thermal gradient is not an issue (or at least a vanishingly small one).

Any such chromel/alumel pinned K to Banana adaptors suitable for use with mains powered bench meters, seem to be as rare as rocking horse droppings. If the Chinese sellers are trying to pass theirs off as having chromel/alumel pins when they patently don't, I'd have thought any manufacturers of genuine ones, suitable for use with mains powered bench meters, would be shouting from the rooftops about their own chromel/alumel pins in their product sales sheets. I've searched and searched for other brands of adaptors that claim to use chromel/alumel pins 'till my eyes bled with no success whatsoever. >:( :(

Having dicked around all today with K-type adapters, I thought I'd take your advice about using a stiff solid copper wire shorting link to compare against the results I was getting out of those gold plated banana plugs (which btw, have magnetic pins just like the ones you'd tried).

Interestingly, the thick solid wire copper shorting link (AWG 10) gave, afaict, the exact same -4uV result as my banana plugged shorting bar. In all cases, I have to allow a few minutes each time I reverse or swap between the shorting bar or copper wire link to allow the temperature gradients to stabilise. I'm using 100plc without auto-zero. I don't have any monitoring software installed to record and process the data so I'm simply observing the meter's display.

I estimate that the results between the gold plated banana plugs on a 3mm thick copper shorting bar and my U shaped AWG 10 solid copper wire shorting link are within 100nV of each other. IOW, those gold plated banana plugs on a copper shorting bar seem to be doing as a good a job as you can hope to get (that is until the plating wears through to the base metal one one of the pins ::)).

The main issue in regard of detecting a zero volt state seems to be that of the Seebeck effect due to the 3 deg internal to external thermal gradients creating a less than perfect isothermal condition between the LO and HI banana sockets.

Obviously, this 3 deg difference is more problematical when using K-Type thermocouples with banana adaptors not designed to maintain continuity of the chromel/alumel conductors deep into the sockets, displacing the isothermal connection away from where the reference temperature is actually being monitored. A proper chromel/alumel adaptor would eliminate most of this error but they only seem to exist in fiction. >:(

On quiet reflection, I think my only chance of obtaining a K to Banana plug adaptor using chromel/alumel pins might be the bench meter manufacturers themselves being mindful of this problem and offering their own custom adaptors at a premium price. |O
John

The following users thanked this post: CDN_Torsten

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1106 on: March 01, 2022, 03:07:20 pm »
Seems much of the eBay, Amazon and AliExpress banana adapters/plugs are bogus, and not copper. Not sure what the "gold" plating is on the ones we have, but doesn't take long to wear thru!! Not a fan of the "spindle" type plugs either, tend to give erratic contact, whereas the "bladed" types provide a more uniform contact.

If you are getting good results with your voltage short compared to a copper wire voltage short that's good, then you know you have a good reference!! However, a voltage short and 4 wire resistance short are not the same, the 4 wire short must support a measurement current and the actual voltage sense positions are important, thus understanding the current path in the short and directing it to give the best result. Having a high thermal mass is both good and bad, good as less influenced by thermal environment perturbations, bad as takes longer to thermal stabilize. 

Good temperature measurements are tricky, we have a bunch of K type thermocouples and a bunch of thermistors, and even a thermal imager to help. The thermal imager has another parameter (emissitivity) to consider for accurate measurements. Our bench DMMS are fixed and have limited physical range, the imager is portable, and we have a portable UT320D for quick differential measurements (handy for airflow effects).

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1107 on: March 01, 2022, 05:56:21 pm »
The metals in the adater plugs not necessary have to be Alumel / Chromel material. It would be OK to have a different alloy, as long as the thermal EMF is close in around room temperature.  This is also the difference between extension wire and proper thermocouples: the extension alloys only have to be close for close to room temperature or a possibly larger specified temperature range.
So the magnet test is not 100% proof the parts are bad.

The simple passibe adapter are usually not that good anyway, as the temperature sensor is still in the DMM. So they don't really solve the problem.

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1108 on: March 03, 2022, 11:29:14 pm »
Seems much of the eBay, Amazon and AliExpress banana adapters/plugs are bogus, and not copper. Not sure what the "gold" plating is on the ones we have, but doesn't take long to wear thru!! Not a fan of the "spindle" type plugs either, tend to give erratic contact, whereas the "bladed" types provide a more uniform contact.

Same here with my "gold plated" plugs but, wear issue aside, as long as the alloys used are the same for both prongs, it shouldn't matter as far as thermoelectric effects are concerned, especially if the sockets remain within a fraction of a degree of each other as appears to be the case with the SDM3065X (even better of course, when the sockets remain with a fraction of a degree of ambient in the case of battery powered hand held meters).

I don't recall seeing any "spindle" type plugs unless you mean the type used with cheap K type thermocouples, apropos of which I have two such which, aside from the error of the thermocouples themselves, seem to offer the minimum of socket to thermocouple wire temperature differential error. I can see just over a 1K drop over a couple of minutes after plugging these into the SDG3065X from stone cold (room ambient) as the heat of the socket spreads to the thermocouple wire connection deep within their red and black plastic shrouds.

Since the socket temperature as reported by the SDG3065X's isothermal temperature sensor is typically 3K higher than ambient (it's at the mercy of variations in air temperature thanks to the steady forced ventilation from its mercifully quiet cooling fan), that still leaves almost another 2K of error to contend with. :(

If you are getting good results with your voltage short compared to a copper wire voltage short that's good, then you know you have a good reference!! However, a voltage short and 4 wire resistance short are not the same, the 4 wire short must support a measurement current and the actual voltage sense positions are important, thus understanding the current path in the short and directing it to give the best result. Having a high thermal mass is both good and bad, good as less influenced by thermal environment perturbations, bad as takes longer to thermal stabilize.

Both the "Gold plated" banana plug shorting bar and the simple copper wire shorting link are equally good (or bad). The -4uV error seems to be a "Zero volt calibration error" which I can live with for the time being.

As far as K type thermocouple readings are concerned, that equates to a mere 0.1K error and I'm more interested in voltage levels in the 1 to 19 volt range where consistent and thermally stable readings are of greater importance rather than absolute accuracy. If I need to measure micro-volt values, it's not a great problem to subtract out the  -4uV from my readings. Besides which, when you're so close to the zero volt end of even the 200mV scale, readings below 10uV are going to suffer uncertainties of several percent anyway.

Regarding the merits or otherwise of high thermal mass/inertia, I'm entirely with you on that one. :( Trying to get a handle on "room temperature" is rather like holding onto a lively Eel with well greased up hands! :o The best you can do is let the room cool down overnight and reach a reasonably stable equilibrium (and don't turn any heating on - suffer for your hobby!)

Good temperature measurements are tricky, we have a bunch of K type thermocouples and a bunch of thermistors, and even a thermal imager to help. The thermal imager has another parameter (emissitivity) to consider for accurate measurements. Our bench DMMS are fixed and have limited physical range, the imager is portable, and we have a portable UT320D for quick differential measurements (handy for airflow effects).

Best,

I have an IR thermometer which surprisingly, gives readings within +0.1K of the cheap Atech in the attached images (it reads in increments of 0.2k). All bar the final image, as you can see from the time on the more expensive IT Works 'weather station' display, were recorded around 3pm, about four hours earlier than the final image.

The room temperature had dropped overnight from its rather toasty centrally heated 24 deg C value and the heating was left shut off for the day. This is the only condition where both the cheap and the expensive 'weather stations' will agree to within a fraction of a degree of each other (and also it would seem, the thermometer which normally hangs on the bay window wall where it usually reads two or three degrees lower).

The other inside/outside clock/thermometer is located on my workbench shelf, the other side of the room and the only thing of merit it can boast is having an outside sensor (currently blu-tacked to the alloy heat spreader plate it is sitting on, along with a bunch of K-type thermocouples) that tracks within 0.1K of the internal temperature readings.

This setup is the closest I have to a calibration reference, based on the "Wisdom of fools" consensus principle. Whilst it seems statistically improbable that they should all show the same error to within 0.2K of each other, this no guarantee that they aren't all off by the same 2 or 3 degrees worth of error. At best, they offer a sanity check as to the most likely truth of the matter until I can get my hands on a properly certified thermometer reference.

However, I have reason to think that the TM-902C is accurately showing its own ambient temperature (the yellow K-type plug is now a shorting link) to with 0.1K and therefore that of the room ambient, with just a mere 1mW of self heating to interfere with this ideal situation, since with my bestest K type thermocouple, it had read within 0.1K of the temperature of melting ice and 99 deg C with the thermocouple dipped into a kettle of boiling tap water at an absolute pressure of 1013mBar.

This is the second of my TM-902C purchases. The first one sported the red on/off push button and the rather annoying 10 or 15 minute auto-shut off feature of the later models. Whilst this one might seem to be a very early model with that slide switch (and no auto-shut off feature) it rather surprisingly, just like the later models, uses a pair of AAA cells in place of the expensive PP3 (9v block battery) and 3,3v LDO as used by the very early models.

Not only have I lucked out in getting one without the annoying and needless time out feature and a reliance on expensive PP3 batteries, I also seem to have lucked out on accuracy - the first one shows a 1.5 deg lower temperature with its input shorted out, so only worth hanging onto as an emergency spare.

Well, after some seven hours of suffering deprivation for the sake of this temperature experiment, I finally decided that not only had I'd seen enough, I'd also had more than enough ::) and turned the radiator back on, along with a 2.5KW heater to zoom the room temperature back to a more comfortable temperature before the CH shuts off for the night.

As a result, I'm now observing a thermometer reaction race. The favourite to win is of course, that cheap Atech now showing 22.3 deg, followed by the IT Works with a creditable 21.3, leaving the TM-902C in third place at 21.2 and the thermometer trailing in last place with a reading of just over 20 degrees.

The in and out readings on the other digital thermometer are now showing 23.1 and 20.8 respectively, just as I'd expected with such a rapid temperature rise. In the time it took to type that, the in temp is now neck and neck with the favourite at 23.5 which seems to be pulling ahead by 0.1 to 0.2 degrees. I could carry on this commentary but I think you've got the picture by now. :)

However, now that all the heating sources have been shut off, I can now report the final results:

The Atech came in first place at 23.9 followed surprisingly by the TM-902C (23.4) then the IT Works (23.1) with the thermometer close behind at 23 and the cheap clock in/out thermometer trailing last with in and out readings respectively of 22.4 and 21.7.

You might think this is all rather frivolous but it does highlight the problems of trying to get accurate room/lab temperature readings whilst it's being actively maintained to a "set temperature" by a heating system (or AC - not 'a thing' in most UK residences).
John

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1109 on: March 04, 2022, 04:19:50 am »
The metals in the adater plugs not necessary have to be Alumel / Chromel material. It would be OK to have a different alloy, as long as the thermal EMF is close in around room temperature.  This is also the difference between extension wire and proper thermocouples: the extension alloys only have to be close for close to room temperature or a possibly larger specified temperature range.
So the magnet test is not 100% proof the parts are bad.

The simple passibe adapter are usually not that good anyway, as the temperature sensor is still in the DMM. So they don't really solve the problem.

I did read your reply in the "OWON XDM1041 the unknown multimeter..." thread regarding my query as to whether the BKB32 adaptor you have uses chromel/alumel pins (link below for anyone curious about the details)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/owon-xdm1041-the-unknown-multimeter/msg4038901/#msg4038901

Since my question is a more general issue of temperature measurement with K type thermocouples and banana jack adaptors rather than any particular bench DMM, I'll make my reply here.

I agree that the special alloys need not necessarily be the same chromel/alumel combination, just as long as they can approximate the same 41 uV/K differential. However, since those nice cheap mini K type plugs were described as having their pins made from these two alloys (and the pins stamped as such with AL for the negative pin and CH for the positive one) and I could stick a magnet to the negative but not the positive plus the fact that these alloys are obviously ductile out of necessity in order to be drawn through reducing dies in order to turn them into wire, I don't see materials workability being an issue (cost maybe but why seemingly use expensive alloys to make inexpensive mini K type plugs?).

Admittedly, cost may be a more significant factor with the larger lumps being used by the K type to 4mm banana plug adaptors but I'd have thought there'd have to be really dirt cheap alternative alloys available to make such a  saving worthwhile. And, after giving the matter some more thought, I think the answer to the absence of such adaptors is simply that no one makes them!

If anyone needs to eliminate such errors with specialised K type to banana plug adaptors to get the most accurate readings possible, they'd be using higher precision kit optimised for measuring thermocouples sensors in general rather than use a general purpose bench meter that offers this as a marketing gimmick feature. In short, there's simply no demand from the lucrative R&D market sector for such adaptors.

That just leaves us hobbyists with no alternative but to DIY our own adaptors out of short lengths of chromel and alumel solid core wires and I already have a plan on how to do this. >:D

By the way, the seller of those cheap Chinese adaptors described as having chromel/alumel pins that I'd purchased that had failed the magnet test and I had requested to return for a full refund, eventually caved in to my insistence on a full refund after initially offering a 30% partial refund and I keep the adaptors, followed by an increased 50% refund which I was mulling over when I got an email from ebay giving me the news that I was being refunded the full amount.

I couldn't find any instructions regarding their return so I assumed the seller, not having received a timely response from me, had gotten scared he'd be penalised for not resolving this dispute before ebay actually steps in and simply refunded me in full without asking for the return of the goods and thus end up bearing their return handling and shipping costs.

I opened one of those adaptors up for a closer look at their construction and it's quite obvious that they're not using different alloys to emulate the chromel/alumel alloy's temperature behaviour. The K socket contacts are brass soldered with a short copper wire strap to their corresponding chrome plated banana pin which both showed just the barest hint of attraction to my test magnet at their soldered joint ends.

Those adaptor plugs as they stand, are of little use to me but I think I can convert them into what they'd been originally described as with some lengths of chromel and alumel solid core wire. >:D

If I do manage to get around to it and succeed in making a passably useful adaptor, I'll post details of this mini-project. I'll be repurposing those plastic shells for this project but I've no doubt anyone with access to a 3D printer can rustle up their own easily enough rather than go to the expense of gutting one of these Chinese adaptors.
John

Offline richardlicker

« Reply #1110 on: March 08, 2022, 04:23:16 pm »
Hi Fellas, I just picked up an SDM3045X, and there are a few absolutely ridiculous issues I have with it already. do I have a dud, or is this meter really designed this way?

1) power on last settings doesn't work AT ALL. no matter how long I leave it, every single setting is defaulted, which is EXTREMELY annoying for things like display/trend, which is cumbersome to set the vertical scale on.

2)if I disable the beeper in DIODE MODE, it disables the beeper in continuity mode. WHY ARE THESE LINKED? 99.999% of the time you are in continuity mode, you are going to want the beeper on, and 99% of the time you are in diode mode, you are not going to want your meter beeping constantly.

3) the bar meter is completely pointless; it never refreshes faster than the displayed numerical readout in bar mode. in numerical mode, it reads out at light speed @ FAST setting, but when you switch to bar mode, FAST setting displays 3-5FPS. the entire point of bar mode is so you can visualize data that is refreshing too fast to be legible numerically, but it doesn't even refresh fast enough in bar mode to do this, making it COMPLETELY POINTLESS. it's like someone who has never used a meter before wrote this software and checked something off on a box without asking *why* this feature exists in teh first place.

5) now this one might just be the nature of higher end meters, but 2wire continuity outputs up to 6.5V. I am guessing that @ 1mA that wouldn't damage anything, but I don't exactly feel comfortable sending 6.5v down a 3v3 data line until someone says "this is fine". like, yeah, I know this is a meter and literally designed for this sort of thing, but it is already failing so hard at doing other normal meter things that I'm second guessing it. my UT181A does this @ 3v3 for 600ohm range, 1.2v for the 6k range, and lower for the rest.

aside from these issues, I really like this meter. people complain about the continuity beeper not latching, but it is extremely fast (with different probes). 2w resistance setting is wonderfully fast, the physical footprint and fanless design  is perfect for my small lab, the screen is wonderful, it slots perfectly on top of my DP832, etc. but power on last setting not working AT ALL makes this meter more of a nuance to use than it's worth.

tell me I have a dud, or I am doing something wrong here please, because this meter is otherwise perfect for my needs.,

Offline techy

« Reply #1111 on: March 08, 2022, 04:55:19 pm »
Long time guest lurker  :popcorn:, 1st post today!  :-+
I couldn't find an answer in the Forum or in the Manual, hopefully this is not a duplicate.

Is there a known time or sample limitation on the SDM 3055 when saving the Trend Chart?
I was trying to save 16 hours worth of data from the Trend Chart to a CSV file and only got a 100kb file with the last 10,000 samples.
edit: I suppose Utility/Store Settings/.CSV doesn't not actually storing the Trend Chart, but it seems that the SDM 3055 wouldn't keep more than 10,000 samples?

If that's a limit, would Acquire be a better option if setting the Trig to Auto, Delay to 5 seconds and 1 Sample per Trigger?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 04:59:34 pm by techy »

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1112 on: March 08, 2022, 05:10:24 pm »
The vertical scaling on the graph mode is a setting I would not expect to be saved across power off. This should be more for settings like the beeper off, fast / slow mode and AC/DC voltage reading.

The relatively high test voltage in diode and resistance more is common with higher grade meters.  6.5 V and 1 mA should not damage many parts, though the 6.5 V could be borderline for RF and low noise BJTs as reverse base enitter voltage to get extra noise.

The bar graph mode is a bit useless in most cases, especially if you have a graphing mode.

Of cause, there is a limit to the number of samples stored. Getting the last 10000 samples sound plausible. AFAIR there were SW versions that did a different thing, decimating the older data in an odd way to make room for new ones. For long time logging one may have to directly write the data to USB and not do that afterwords.

The following users thanked this post: richardlicker

Offline richardlicker

« Reply #1113 on: March 08, 2022, 06:42:48 pm »
just double checked by changing every single setting (range, speed, etc) up 1 setting from default in all modes (dcv/dci/aci/acv.etc), waited 10 minutes, turned off and turned back on again. *every single setting* is defaulted. I could live with only some settings being stored, but I use my meter in a regular way so I will have to basically re program it from scratch every time I get to the shop. super not-idel.

good to know the 6.5v isn't a problem though.

is the abysmal bar mode refresh rate something that I will also have to deal with in a brand name? I just assumed that since my $200 unitrend did this perfectly, any proper bench meter would as well.  I was originally going to grab a 34460A but this was an attractive option for half the price with next day amazon prime shipping, and the stupid thing would be perfect if it weren't for this deal-breaking collection of foibles, but I don't want something sitting oh my bench that is just going to constantly annoy me.

for example, I currently have the meter hooked up to a POE+ port beaconing a 12V pulses at about .7hz with the meter set to 60v range, in TREND mode, it picks the spikes up perfectly, displayong a constant, uniform series of spikes. if I switch it to bar meter mode, no matter what speed setting I pick, it only picks up maybe 1/20 spikes, and is functionally unable to be useful in this test. my UT181A's bar graph displays these peaks instantly and precisely. my dollar store aneng 9999s (hilarious, silly thing) picks the peaks up around 8-9V, which is short, but still drastically out performs the SDM3045 at any speed.

is even matching the performance of a talking bluetooth speaker too much to ask of what is being sold as a professional instrument?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 07:17:32 pm by richardlicker »

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1114 on: March 08, 2022, 07:13:46 pm »
The SDM3045 version firmware seems to be a bit behind and not updated very often. In china essentially the same HW seems to be sold as SDM3055E.
I kind of wonder why they do this extra 4.5 digit FW version at all if they have so much trouble with it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1115 on: March 08, 2022, 07:42:20 pm »
It's customary when reporting bugs to state the firmware version.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline richardlicker

« Reply #1116 on: March 08, 2022, 08:32:18 pm »
my bad, it does this on V5.01.01.07R1 and it did it on V5.01.01.06R1

Offline techy

« Reply #1117 on: March 09, 2022, 06:28:38 pm »
Of cause, there is a limit to the number of samples stored. Getting the last 10000 samples sound plausible. AFAIR there were SW versions that did a different thing, decimating the older data in an odd way to make room for new ones. For long time logging one may have to directly write the data to USB and not do that afterwords.

I did try to use the Acquire function, settings as follow (FW 1.01.01.25):
  • Trigger Source: Auto
  • Delay: Manual set to 1 second
  • Sample/Trigger set to 1
  • Save Reading / U-disk Record
I was able to generate a much larger file (2mb) in the USB Drive over a 2h test and in the file I also get the Mode (VDC in my case), the Time (relative) and the Voltage value, which is better than the Export Data method.
To my surprise the Data seems updated every 0.2s instead of the expected 1s set in the Delay.
No big deal, I'll give a real try overnight and see if I can collect the data over 12h.

Mode   Time(s)   Value
DCV   0.063634999   -0.000340
DCV   0.263646007   -0.000339
DCV   0.463665009   -0.000329
DCV   0.663721979   -0.000326
DCV   0.863771021   -0.000331
DCV   1.073179007   -0.000333

Offline techy

« Reply #1118 on: March 10, 2022, 02:47:06 pm »
Using Acquire/ to USB worked pretty well, ended up with 7Mb CSV file / 275,000 measure samples, one every 0.2s.
I'm not sure why it doesn't store at the samples at same rate as the trigger delay is set but that worked for me in the end.

Offline richardlicker

« Reply #1119 on: March 10, 2022, 07:21:35 pm »
could somebody with a 3055 be a sweetheart and let me know if the BAR METER display mode, at FAST setting in DCV mode, 60V manual, refreshes around 3-4 times a second, or if it functions like a proper bar meter does? if it does, I'm going to send this 3045 back to the farm and grab the 3055, because I am quite in love with most other aspects of this meter

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1120 on: March 10, 2022, 08:46:22 pm »
SDM3055, 20V manual (there is no 60V), DCV, Fast mode: refreshes about 3-4 times per second indeed in bar mode. The other display modes (number, graph, histo) are significantly faster.
Depends what you want to do with the bar mode, but could histo, graph or fail/pass (math/limits) work for you?

The following users thanked this post: richardlicker

Offline richardlicker

« Reply #1121 on: March 11, 2022, 01:37:03 am »
hmm, well that's a bummer, I'm just so used to having a bar at the bottom of my meter since all my other cheap meters have it too. it's mind boggling that bar mode slows it down so much, but at least the trend mode works well. I'd be willing to spend a few $$$ to fix the bar mode (heck, and unlink the beep mode of continuity/diode mode), but if this is what I'm stuck with, I'll live with its excentricities. thanks for the help, fellas!

Offline vutt

• Contributor
« Reply #1122 on: March 26, 2022, 09:51:52 am »
I wonder if this: https://www.siglent.eu/product/1141078/siglent-sdm3065x-6-1-2-digits-dual-display-digital-multimeter is legit e-shop?!?
They are delivering 4.5 digit DMM for 6.5 digit DMM price  :palm:
---Copy-paste---------
Accessoires Included:
1 x Siglent SDM3045X Multimeter
1 x USB Cable
1 x Multimeter probes
1 x Power Cord
1 x Quick Start Guide
------------

Edit: Well then again this one seems to be deal of of the month: https://www.siglent.eu/product/1141054/siglent-sdm3045x-4-1-2-digits-dual-display-digital-multimeter.
.. vice versa lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 09:57:52 am by vutt »

Offline oz2cpu

• Frequent Contributor
    • webx.dk private hobby and diy stuff
« Reply #1123 on: March 26, 2022, 10:28:58 am »
you need to add VAT, or order to your company
that price looks like it is ex vat
and by the way, price looks normal to me
Radioamateur OZ2CPU, Senior EE at Prevas
EMC RF SMPS SI PCB LAYOUT and all that stuff.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1124 on: March 26, 2022, 10:48:51 am »
I wonder if this: https://www.siglent.eu/product/1141078/siglent-sdm3065x-6-1-2-digits-dual-display-digital-multimeter is legit e-shop?!?
They are delivering 4.5 digit DMM for 6.5 digit DMM price  :palm:
---Copy-paste---------
Accessoires Included:
1 x Siglent SDM3045X Multimeter
1 x USB Cable
1 x Multimeter probes
1 x Power Cord
1 x Quick Start Guide
------------

Edit: Well then again this one seems to be deal of of the month: https://www.siglent.eu/product/1141054/siglent-sdm3045x-4-1-2-digits-dual-display-digital-multimeter.
.. vice versa lol

Those are prices without VAT.

www.siglenteu.com is official Siglent EU site. If you go there you will see that is recommended retail end user price without VAT.

siglent.EU is one of Siglent's authorized dealers. There  were some reports here on the blog of less than perfect communication with customers, but generally would deliver the product.
Never purchased from them personally.

There are many other authorized reselers like Batronix, Welectron, Batterfly, for instance, in no particular order. No affiliation with these three, just a customer and all 3 did good job on several occasions.

So there are many choices.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf