Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1121010 times)

diegodgo and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline btr

Please accept my heartfelt Thank You to all who shared their knowledge and made this thread what it is!

I had a non booting DSO-X3012A with the (as I now know not uncommon) NAND problem, the instrument is now in working condition thanks to the info presented here, the support from fellow user maurit as well as the LAN card he provided me with.

Cheers!

Offline Mike112

Thank you everyone for the help! My scope was not booting due to a corrupt NAND issue and is now back up and running great. Just want to mention a few issues I had in case anyone hits them in the future. I was using the method titirus put together in this post.

1 - I was having an issue with the USB not being read in uboot. As TheSteve and Bud mentioned above it did turn out to be related to not using an old enough/or mismatched firm where. I was trying to use 2.35, but when I used th nk file from 2.10 it worked flawlessly to get the scope to boot.

2 - Once I had the scope up I needed to get the firmware installed on to the scope. The scope had no issue reading the USB drive but every time I tried to install the firmware from the drive it would display "Error: The file did not load correctly.". This turned out to be just an issue with the USB drive. I tried it with another USB I keep on my key chain I had with me and it worked! I installed 2.10 and then updated to 2.35.

Incase anyone wonders about the brand of the USB drives, the one that did not work is branded 'Gigastone' and is new, the one that worked is PNY and at least 10+years old haha. Thanks again everyone!

The following users thanked this post: mlloyd1

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
I hope you upgrade beyond 2.35 to current firmware so nand corruption is much less likely to reoccur.
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: mlloyd1

Offline arlvaljr

• Contributor
I installed the 7.50 upgrade on my MSOX 3022T and is working perfect.
Installation took a bit longer than previous ones but it was very smooth with all files placed in the same pen drive.

Thanks, PhllyFlyers by your perfect work!

:-+ :-+ :-+

Offline Sievil

Re: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?
« Reply #3004 on: February 18, 2022, 01:36:21 am »
MSOX3024T works great !
50#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l all -l BW20 -l SCPIPS

Offline PioB

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3005 on: February 18, 2022, 01:51:07 pm »
I am not clear on the following, I tried finding it on the last several pages but well...:

Assume one has a 100 MHz scope  with a officially licensed 200 MHz Bandwidth upgrade (thus 3024T) and a bundle of officially licensed decoders activated.

If one were to run the PhillyFlyers Hack in order to obtain the MSO-functionality

What would happen in case of the next firmware upgrade?

Would one revert to the official 200/decoders
Would one lose all the licenses and would have to hack everything
Would one keep 200/decoders/MSO
?

Thanks for any inputs on this

Offline pquadrat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3006 on: February 21, 2022, 07:42:00 pm »
3000A-series 200MHz board to 500MHz board upgrade how-to.
Similar procedure can be applied to 3000T and 4000A series.

To extend 100/200MHz board to 350/500MHz you'll need to perform serious hardware modification of the main board.
Decent SMD soldering skill and soldering equipment are required to perform this modification.
Thus, it's not recommended to try this mod unless you're really desperate to get extra bandwidth.

I successfully did this modification. Thanks to memset! It really needs some SMD skills, the next one will look better.
I tested the bandwith, and is is more than 500MHz, and triggers to above 1GHz. Before the self calibration, bandwith was even better, seems to be software-limited.
Now I need another one to do the 1Ghz mod  ;D

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3007 on: February 22, 2022, 03:38:13 am »
Congrats on your mod!  Now for the 1GHz, you also need around 142 little cups, bags, ice cube trays, or pill bottles to put your old parts in for safe backup, by channel   :)

Fortunately, the shields come off easy (hot iron, good rosin solder wik) and the parts are mostly 0603 which by today's standards are large.

You also have a chance to leave those boards a lot cleaner than the manufacturer did.  You need a good flux remover to remove the baked on, no clean flux on these scope boards.  The parts you replaced, however, are the easiest to clean due to the heat and flux from your new solder / paste.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 12:41:09 am by EE-digger »

Offline Oddball_85

« Reply #3008 on: February 24, 2022, 05:21:22 am »
1 - I was having an issue with the USB not being read in uboot. As TheSteve and Bud mentioned above it did turn out to be related to not using an old enough/or mismatched firm where. I was trying to use 2.35, but when I used th nk file from 2.10 it worked flawlessly to get the scope to boot
Where were you able to find 2.1? Is there anywhere that old firmware versions can be downloaded?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 04:22:50 pm by Oddball_85 »

Offline John1996

Hi
I have DSO-X4024A with corrupted NAND. I reflashed device and SDO boots now but Secure folder is empty. Could somebody copy Secure folder (with changed serial number or without it).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:30:45 am by John1996 »

Offline adbjn

I bought a used DSO-X 2022A today and I just spent endless hours reading through this forum thread trying to understand how to hack it to enable all options. I thought I would never understand how to do it and it seemed super complicated. There were only bits of information and hints here and there and references to other posts all over the place. I was almost about to order a LAN expansion card because at one point I thought I needed it to hack the scope. After a few hours of reading and reading and then some more reading I was just about to give up.

But then, I tried this 1-minute hack which seemed far far too easy to possibly have any chance of working:
- Copied the firmware file for my scope from post #3033 into the root folder of a USB memory stick.
- Created a file called "infiniivision.lnk" (described in post #1529) with just this one line of text inside the root folder of the same USB memory stick:
160#\Secure\infiniiVision\infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l DIS -l MSO --perf -l MEMUP -l SCPIPS -l CABLE -l SGMC -l FLEXC -l TOM -l BW20 -l ADVMATH -l EMBD -l EDK -l VID

I then installed the updated (hacked) firmware from the USB memory stick. To my complete surprise, it seems to have actually worked. Functions I did not have before are now enabled.

However, when I start my scope I get this error message: "System concerns detected. OS version is not correct. Please reload system firmware."

Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Btw, is there a better LNK-file that you should use today? The one I used is from a few years back.

Anyway, big thanks to everyone who have contributed to this incredible thread.

Johan
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 10:34:14 pm by adbjn »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Consider youself lucky, as it seems your scope had an older firmware version that allowed that USB trick. The post #1529 was frok 5 years ago. With many last versions you cant do it anymore.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline msuthar

• Contributor
The link file you used is for 3000 series.
for 2000 use this one

Use the latest firmware 2.65 and put these lines.
146#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l WAVEGEN --perf -l D2000AUTB -l D2000GENB -l D2000BDLB -l BW10 -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l PLUS -l VID -l CABLE -l ASV

-SGMC    ?   correct is -SGM   is for segmented memory.
and
-TOM
-FLEX
Are not supported in your model.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 02:33:54 am by msuthar »

Offline adbjn

Consider youself lucky, as it seems your scope had an older firmware version that allowed that USB trick. The post #1529 was frok 5 years ago. With many last versions you cant do it anymore.

OK. I initially had a firmware version from 2013. Before I knew that the scope could be hacked I upgraded it to the latest 2.65 version and then later I found this thread and did the hack. But my scope is probably old. It even says Agilent on the front.

Offline adbjn

Use the latest firmware 2.65 and put these lines.
146#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l WAVEGEN --perf -l D2000AUTB -l D2000GENB -l D2000BDLB -l BW10 -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l PLUS -l VID -l CABLE -l ASV

Thanks! The error message is gone now. Will this unlock all functions of the 2000-series?

Offline msuthar

• Contributor

for unlocking all function there is one switch  -l All

Following will unlock all including the dealer mode for demo.

145#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l WAVEGEN --perf -l D2000BDLB -l D2000AUTB -l D2000GENB -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l PLUS -l VID -l CABLE -l ASV -l DIS

Brgds.
Manoj Suhar VU2EHY

Offline adbjn

145#infiniivisionLauncher.exe -l MSO -l WAVEGEN --perf -l D2000BDLB -l D2000AUTB -l D2000GENB -l BW20 -l SCPIPS -l PLUS -l VID -l CABLE -l ASV -l DIS

Brgds.
Manoj Suhar VU2EHY

Ok. Thanks for the info. But if "-l All" unlocks everything then why not just use that instead of the 145 character long lnk-file text?

Offline adbjn

What would be the cheapest type of digital probe that can be used with the 2000A series scopes? Is there anything cheaper or better than the Agilent N6459-61601?

Offline 240RS

• Regular Contributor

Brgds.
Manoj Suhar VU2EHY

Ok. Thanks for the info. But if "-l All" unlocks everything then why not just use that instead of the 145 character long lnk-file text?

Always wondered this myself! Is there something that is missed in the All key?

Offline msuthar

• Contributor
39#infiniivisionLauncher.exe --perf -l All
see the attached image
* means no expiration . you can see in the Utility>Service>Licensing>My Support Subscriptions   menu

It does not give following

BW10            100MHz Bandwidth"
BW20            200MHz Bandwidth"
CABLE           Ratio and Phase measure in Analyse Menu
SCPIPS        Infiniium Mode scipip infiniion SCPI PS  commands

1446337-0
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:59:56 pm by msuthar »

Offline John1996

I have DSO-X4024A with corrupted NAND. I reflashed device and SDO boots now but Secure folder is empty.

I think you should use the SecureDataTool_DTD2.exe to rebuild it correctly.

Thnks. Could you tell me where I can find it?

Offline maomi84

• Contributor
Thanks all for the great work, I have installed the latest patched firmware on my DSOX3014T, my firmware is 07.50
But I have a  few question
39#infiniivisionLauncher.exe --perf -l All
Why the licenses with the  *   displayed.  How to eliminate this.
39#infiniivisionLauncher.exe --perf -l DIS
The following dialog box appears each time when power on,How to eliminate this.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 09:40:05 am by maomi84 »

Offline msuthar

• Contributor
* means no expiration . you can see in the Utility>Service>Licensing>My Support Subscriptions   menu

Offline SpacedCowboy

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aging physicist
Does anyone have a key to what these 'enablements' are, or can point me to a post where they're laid out ? Interested to know if the eye-diagram functionality is one of the -l xxxx options :)

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Does anyone have a key to what these 'enablements' are, or can point me to a post where they're laid out ? Interested to know if the eye-diagram functionality is one of the -l xxxx options :)

Unless you have a DSOX6000  eye-diagram functionality is  not..

edit:clarification
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 08:34:13 pm by 2N3055 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf