Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 860853 times)

Offline mikeyb5753

Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #775 on: January 06, 2015, 09:58:34 am »
Thanks guys.  Had a quick look at the beta software and very impressed with it.  It's a shame development has come to a halt though, hope someone takes over.

Thanks again

Offline tri-comp

« Reply #776 on: January 06, 2015, 12:56:29 pm »
Hi,
I do have a spare AGP-socket in this oldie.
It now sports an ATI Radeon 9100 IGP on-board GPU.
I agree that's nothing fancy and I'll try another graphics board which I should have laying around.
Thanks for the suggestion and I'll let everyone know how it turns-out.
..and maybe it wasn't such a bad thing I had to take the ShuttleX apart.
A couple of years in storage didn't do the PSU-cap's any good judging from the temperature of the PSU-enclosure.
The MoBo doesn't seem to have any capacitor-issues yet but in any case it's time to get the ESR-meter out of hiding, too
...hmm, who said SSD ?

rgds,

/tri-comp

An ATI Radeon HD-3450 AGP card brought back the missing grid.
It also did wonders for the rendering-speed in general.
I didn't imagine this old PC would ever connect with a Monitor HDMI-input.
I have a 40" Philips LCD-TV on the wall in the hobby-room.
Has GOT to be the biggest 'scope around here  :-DD
Thanks again Richard.

Now, about that SSD ...

rgds,

/tri-comp

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #777 on: January 07, 2015, 03:30:36 am »
Hi guys!
I just got a 365F.
I saved waveforms on my iPad, but I can't find out where the data go.  |O
How can I see the saved file?

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #778 on: January 07, 2015, 04:37:52 am »
I just got a 365F.
I have neither a 365F, not any Hantek app that runs on an iPad.  However, my experience has been that any data collected by an iDevice app is accessible only to that app.  Which would mean there must be a control of some kind in the app, that lets you examine the data, OR Export it.

So my suggestion would be to examine the Hantek app on your iPad closely.

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #779 on: January 08, 2015, 08:04:16 am »
Thanks!
I finally have it by clicking the help in menu and visit a web page to find out how to show the data on my iPad.  :-DD

Offline mikeyb5753

« Reply #780 on: January 08, 2015, 10:19:50 am »
Hi guys!
I just got a 365F.

Connect the iPad to PC/MAC, open iTunes, click on the iPad, click apps on the left, scroll down to the filesharing  section, click on relevant app then all files associated with that app will appear on the right where you can save

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #781 on: January 09, 2015, 03:46:55 am »
 Thanks for the detailed steps on how to do this, mikeyb  :-+

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #782 on: January 13, 2015, 11:42:10 am »
I just noticed that the Hantek 6022 software version 1.0.5 can be downloaded from the Hantek website. I have installed and hoping there are some improvements.

Get it here: http://hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_2_31.html

Regards
Matchless

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #783 on: January 13, 2015, 03:21:15 pm »
I just noticed that the Hantek 6022 software version 1.0.5 can be downloaded from the Hantek website. I have installed and hoping there are some improvements.

Get it here: http://hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_2_31.html

Did you download from their OneDrive link?  Because everything I just found there seems to be over a year old.

Unless they've released a new Version, but with an old date stamp.

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #784 on: January 13, 2015, 06:39:28 pm »
I downloaded from that link I posted and have checked the installed exe and it shows a date of 2 December 2014. I am busy migrating to a newer PC on Windows 8.1 and have only briefly tested the installed 1.0.5 version, which seemed OK.
Hopefully they have done some improvements or fixed a bug or two!
Regards
Matchless

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #785 on: January 13, 2015, 09:03:14 pm »
I just got mine working today using factory software.  First thoughts are it is a little annoying.  One thing I am confused about is saving a screen.  I can do it.  What confuses me is that sometimes the windows screen where the filename is entered is saved loaded on top of the scope screen,  sometimes it appears as a ghostly image, and sometimes it is just the scope image as it should be.  I downloaded the software today from Hantek site since CD reader crapped out. That was 1.0.4 ?????  Someone mentioned before that they only got one scope probe. Hope they didn't throw out the box, it has a hidden false bottom that is easy to overlook.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:53:25 pm by Seekonk »

Offline RobMcRaf

« Reply #786 on: January 14, 2015, 03:15:32 pm »
Hello group!   This is my first post on this forum (same username on the IAM/KLOV forums) and it is in regards to the 6022BE.   

Background info: 
- I test/repair early 80's arcade PCB's (and CRT monitors) for myself and to earn a little hobby $$$
- Have a venerable Tektronics 464A 100MHz scope.
- technical training in Electrician work, but got a solid electronics experience along the way (thank you Navy)
- consider myself to be fairly competent, but often prove myself wrong :)
- looking for something a bit more "modern", but maybe not.  I figured at $66, what the heck. 
- Already have one of the Saelae 16ch devices, but wouldn't rule out getting the 6022BL. 

Questions for those who have used the 6022BE:  Would this digital scope be adequate for troubleshooting early arcade PCB's (Pacman, Defender, Tron, etc...)?   Maximum clock freq I would encounter is probably 16MHz, and that is usually stepped way down buy the time the initial dividers are done with it.  Most of these systems are running a 6809, 6502 or Z80 at a max of 6Mhz.   Don't think I will be using for any 68000 based systems.  Might want to use in X-Y mode for troubleshooting vector based games.  Is the sampling rate adequate for this application?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Rob

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #787 on: January 14, 2015, 05:37:18 pm »
Hi RobMcRaf,

Welcome to the EEVBlog!

I have a 6022BE and several other scopes, including some Tek analog scopes and a 100MHz Owon DSO. In my opinion, the 6022BE is pretty good to about 5MHz, beyond that what you get may not be a true representation of the input signal. But you already have the Tek scope to look at higher frequencies and the 6022BE will probably be handy when you need to capture a waveform. As far as X-Y mode, I specifically bought the 6022BE for this application in conjunction with a Curve Tracer. However, although usable, I found the X-Y mode resolution to be too low for my needs, at least compared to my other scopes in the same application. So you'll have to test it with your application and see if it's good enough for you, just don't expect it to be as clear as what you get with the Tek scope.

Good luck with your new scope! :-+

Offline RobMcRaf

« Reply #788 on: January 15, 2015, 11:40:13 am »
Thanks!  Maybe I'll do some comparisons. 

Hi RobMcRaf,

Welcome to the EEVBlog!

I have a 6022BE and several other scopes, including some Tek analog scopes and a 100MHz Owon DSO. In my opinion, the 6022BE is pretty good to about 5MHz, beyond that what you get may not be a true representation of the input signal. But you already have the Tek scope to look at higher frequencies and the 6022BE will probably be handy when you need to capture a waveform. As far as X-Y mode, I specifically bought the 6022BE for this application in conjunction with a Curve Tracer. However, although usable, I found the X-Y mode resolution to be too low for my needs, at least compared to my other scopes in the same application. So you'll have to test it with your application and see if it's good enough for you, just don't expect it to be as clear as what you get with the Tek scope.

Good luck with your new scope! :-+

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #789 on: January 15, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »
Pay attention to the performance of your pc and graphics adapter. I use a slow laptop + unichrome integrated graphics, which means only a few updates per second. Triggering a 1 mhz clock of a c64 board works just fine (uploaded a video of this on youtube), but with a slow display you might miss some glitches, or so.

Offline mikeyb5753

« Reply #790 on: January 16, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »
Pay attention to the performance of your pc and graphics adapter. I use a slow laptop + unichrome integrated graphics, which means only a few updates per second. Triggering a 1 mhz clock of a c64 board works just fine (uploaded a video of this on youtube), but with a slow display you might miss some glitches, or so.

Does this also apply to slow waveforms, like testing the output of a potentiometer for example?

I recently checked my car's throttle sensor, I set the scope to 1s/div and expected to see a curve whenever I moved the throttle but nothing happened.  I set it to 10ms/div which obviously just gave a straight line which raised and lowered with the throttle movement.

I'm using a motion computing LE1600 tablet which has a single core pentium with 1.5gb memory and an intel GMA graphics chip.

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #791 on: January 16, 2015, 09:00:55 pm »
1s/div shouldn't be a problem, I guess?

You can see the problem here:

Offline sandos

• Contributor
« Reply #792 on: January 19, 2015, 03:46:59 pm »
I am trying to diagnose a "dead" commodore 64, and one of the first steps are to ensure a 14/17Mhz signal exists on some pins. Problem is I can not detect this signal at all with the scope :/

Did someone measure the BW up to ~20Mhz? I see mostly random 1-bit jumps in amplitude when trying. I am fine with not having a nice waveform, and I would expect a 17Mhz waveform with 48MSamples to look like a lower frequency waveform due to aliasing, and thats "good enough" for me in troubleshooting. But I can not see even that, testing on my "working" C64. Even the 1/2Mhz signals are greatly distorted, sadly.

Can anyone test a 15Mhz square wave and see if you can detect it at all?

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #793 on: January 19, 2015, 03:50:19 pm »
I am trying to diagnose a "dead" commodore 64, and one of the first steps are to ensure a 14/17Mhz signal exists on some pins. Problem is I can not detect this signal at all with the scope :/

Did someone measure the BW up to ~20Mhz? I see mostly random 1-bit jumps in amplitude when trying. I am fine with not having a nice waveform, and I would expect a 17Mhz waveform with 48MSamples to look like a lower frequency waveform due to aliasing, and thats "good enough" for me in troubleshooting. But I can not see even that, testing on my "working" C64. Even the 1/2Mhz signals are greatly distorted, sadly.

Can anyone test a 15Mhz square wave and see if you can detect it at all?

Are you sure there is even a signal to be measured? For all you know the pins you are trying to measure are dead, try using a frequency counter on it.

Offline sandos

• Contributor
« Reply #794 on: January 19, 2015, 05:11:54 pm »
Well I tried it on a working machine, just to check. So yes the signal should be there. I could try generating something with an arduino but 15 MHz is likely not possible there.

Offline TomC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #795 on: January 19, 2015, 08:32:35 pm »
Well I tried it on a working machine, just to check. So yes the signal should be there. I could try generating something with an arduino but 15 MHz is likely not possible there.

Here is a test using my new AWG. I'm using a coded pulse ARB with the AWG set to 1Vpp and the frequency set to 3.75MHz, but since the ARB has 4 cycles the actual frequency is 3.75 x 4 = 15MHz. I looked at the output with a 100MHz DSO and the 6022BE simultaneously. The attachments show the results.

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #796 on: January 19, 2015, 09:17:21 pm »

Here is a test using my new AWG. I'm using a coded pulse ARB with the AWG set to 1Vpp and the frequency set to 3.75MHz, but since the ARB has 4 cycles the actual frequency is 3.75 x 4 = 15MHz. I looked at the output with a 100MHz DSO and the 6022BE simultaneously. The attachments show the results.

Good picture showing that at 48M samples per second, no chance it sees anything in 15MHz with any accuracy.  It was trying to draw a whole Sin(x) like cycle with only 3 datapoints per cycle.

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #797 on: January 19, 2015, 09:18:11 pm »
The 6022BE ADC is capable of sampling 20Mhz but the USB Microcontroller isn't up for the task, so anything nearing 20Mhz isn't going to look pretty on this scope.

The 40Mhz and higher versions should do the job, but this is a budget scope, so don't take the 20Mhz ratings too seriously.

Offline sandos

• Contributor
« Reply #798 on: January 19, 2015, 10:27:30 pm »
Thanks for the sample outputs! I actually found another pin (not directly attached to the crystal) that is likely a lot better buffered and I got this:

Which is sort of what I would expect given the circumstances! Now on to measure the broken machine a bit more...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:39:18 pm by sandos »

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #799 on: January 20, 2015, 03:24:41 pm »
I have been playing with the factory software for about two weeks and am familiar enough with it now to give an evaluation of the of the open software program.  On another thread someone just asked where to get the latest version of the open software, that some of the links didn't work anymore.

With factory software more times than not I get the windows faded save window.  Often trapizoid in appearance like it is trying to get away before the actual screen save. Never got an answer. Likely due to the slowness of laptop video.  As anyone buying a $60 scope will likely also have a cheap slow laptop.  Can a delay be added to software so the save screen isn't saved with the scope image?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf