Author Topic: Covid 19 virus  (Read 196735 times)

Offline Homer J Simpson

• Super Contributor
Re: Covid 19 virus
« Reply #1800 on: April 03, 2020, 09:35:07 am »

IHME Data UPDATE 2 April Why This is NOT like the Flu

Interesting look at some data.

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1801 on: April 03, 2020, 09:35:24 am »
There are some vaccines being trialled. What is a concern is there will be less testing to get the vaccine out more quickly. There may be long term side effects we did not anticipate :scared:. Remember thalidomide.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1802 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:13 am »
There are some vaccines being trialled. What is a concern is there will be less testing to get the vaccine out more quickly. There may be long term side effects we did not anticipate :scared:. Remember thalidomide.

Yes, this could have serious repercussions in coming decades.  If they rush drugs and vaccines and they end up doing wide spread harm it will vindicate the anti-vaxxers, strengthen their movement and also enflame the anti-science disease that has been spreading.  Ultimately that could throw us into another dark ages.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah, Jacon

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #1803 on: April 03, 2020, 12:52:12 pm »
Interesting statistics by countries due to Corvid19 collected by Google.

-》 https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:55:10 pm by BravoV »

The following users thanked this post: TerminalJack505, edavid, MK14, DrG

Offline Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1804 on: April 03, 2020, 01:03:52 pm »
Yes, even such dangerous disease (mortality rate which is likely going to be somewhere around 100x the seasonal flu if unconstrained, or maybe 10x the seasonal flu with relatively strong limiting actions (ballpark)), isn't dangerous enough to allow hastily tested, potentially very dangerous vaccine.

Vaccine testing is so damn good that people simply don't see the huge risks involved. The risks are actively minimized, which is hard and slow work. It's only due to this hard work vaccines are so safe, they inherently aren't.

Say, if the COVID was 10-20x more deadly than it is (actual mortality rate being what the CFR is right now), then that would probably warrant taking the risk with rushed vaccinations. The risk would be worth taking.

This is why we aren't going to see a vaccine in the very near future. However bad this is, it isn't bad enough to take massive risks. These risks involve things like higher mortality rate from the vaccine than from the disease itself, or serious permanent injury.

(See the Pandemrix vs. narcolepsy thing as an example case of a hastily tested vaccination; and it wasn't too bad, it was tested fairly well because of the non-severity of the swine flu.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:08:10 pm by Siwastaja »

Offline SparkyFX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1805 on: April 03, 2020, 01:19:58 pm »
As they update the projection, may be it can return to be a useful tool.
This is a force of nature, the numbers can stem from observations, but slight deviations in several factors make huge differences in 2 weeks time. It is not as if you can plan how such a virus spreads or prepare within short amounts of time.

[...]If they rush drugs and vaccines and they end up doing wide spread harm it will vindicate the anti-vaxxers, strengthen their movement and also enflame the anti-science disease that has been spreading.  Ultimately that could throw us into another dark ages.
It is not as if anti-vaxxers needed reasons or evidence, or had a concerted effort other than spreading misinformation and selling snake oil. They probably ignore actual cases because it would constitute that the source of information can actually be trusted, although they told otherwise for ages - or lose the integrity they never had.

There are risks, otoh there are rules in place because of it. I mean a vaccine by definition is meant to prevent damage, so people producing them should be used to the thought that this would be a bad idea to throw rules overboard. Rushing might in their circle just mean that they have the highest priority at this and not let bureaucracy have this laying around too long, have staff on every role that is needed and so on.

It sometimes is really just the wording and how people interpret it by themselves, often just to save ones face.
Support your local planet.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline DrG

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1806 on: April 03, 2020, 01:29:29 pm »

They drill down to local levels even, e.g., US State and County. Really interesting and potentially valuable for providing measures of NPI, especially with the pre and post data. Modellers bonanza I would think.
- Invest in science - it pays big dividends. -

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #1807 on: April 03, 2020, 01:34:50 pm »

They drill down to local levels even, e.g., US State and County. Really interesting and potentially valuable for providing measures of NPI, especially with the pre and post data. Modellers bonanza I would think.

Really curious how details and in depth of the population data, that Google owns right now.

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1808 on: April 03, 2020, 01:43:03 pm »
What about let the "virus party" idiots be beta testers of the vaccine in exchange for getting permission to party? (Note that it is voluntary - they have the option to not get the vaccine and discontinue partying.) While we're at it, let's use prisoners as alpha testers in exchange for time off their sentences.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1809 on: April 03, 2020, 01:44:31 pm »

Really curious how details and in depth of the population data, that Google owns right now.

Completely unsurprising seeing as it has been demonstrated that you can in practice fool Google into thinking there's a traffic jam just by walking a small trolley full of Android phones around the streets of Berlin.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: not1xor1

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1810 on: April 03, 2020, 01:53:13 pm »
What about let the "virus party" idiots be beta testers of the vaccine in exchange for getting permission to party? (Note that it is voluntary - they have the option to not get the vaccine and discontinue partying.) While we're at it, let's use prisoners as alpha testers in exchange for time off their sentences.

Medical experiments on prisoners who can't freely give informed consent? Not exactly a morally sound idea. I think somebody needs to read a history book or two.

How about we leave human medical experimentation to only happening on genuine volunteers who have been told the risks and volunteer out of a desire to help their fellow man?

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah, not1xor1

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #1811 on: April 03, 2020, 02:08:28 pm »

Completely unsurprising seeing as it has been demonstrated that you can in practice fool Google into thinking there's a traffic jam just by walking a small trolley full of Android phones around the streets of Berlin.

That was like a drop of water in the ocean.

Also looking at the vast data collected just recently in corvid19 mode, don't believe there are fools are trying to prank Google data, that will needs a really serious resources to make it matter in the statistics gathered.

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1812 on: April 03, 2020, 03:08:53 pm »

Medical experiments on prisoners who can't freely give informed consent? Not exactly a morally sound idea. I think somebody needs to read a history book or two.

How about we leave human medical experimentation to only happening on genuine volunteers who have been told the risks and volunteer out of a desire to help their fellow man?

Oh no problem, have been done in UK, e.g Theralizumab/TGN1412 scandal a phase 1 clinical trials conducted by Parexel at Northwick Park and St. Mark's Hospital, London, on 13 March 2006. Healthy volunteers recruited to the study given £2,000. Trial resulted in intensive care hospitalization of all six volunteers who got the drug, four of whom suffered multiple organ dysfunctions and some lost lims and almost death.

Or like the svine flue scandal in Sweden due to Glaxo Smith garbage experimental drug causing youngsters insomnia decease
for life, cost gov(tax payers of course as usual) 10 million in damages.

I hope folks takes Bill Gates vaccine he now tries to make obligatorily for the entire planet, of course made at his bio labs! 

Interesting how quickly people forgets about prior scandals in these times of "pro vaccination choirs" like Denmark who some weeks ago without any evidence at all for anything just slammed through a compulsory vaccination law , if you refuse go to jail! Hail NWO TECHNOCRACY id say.

Ah, and then we have his royal majesty Duterte shoot to kill order!
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2020/04/philippines-president-duterte-shoot-to-kill-order-pandemic/

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1813 on: April 03, 2020, 03:28:21 pm »

Oh no problem, have been done in UK, e.g Theralizumab/TGN1412 scandal a phase 1 clinical trials conducted by Parexel at Northwick Park and St. Mark's Hospital, London, on 13 March 2006. Healthy volunteers recruited to the study given £2,000. Trial resulted in intensive care hospitalization of all six volunteers who got the drug, four of whom suffered multiple organ dysfunctions and some lost lims and almost death.

Or like the svine flue scandal in Sweden due to Glaxo Smith garbage experimental drug causing youngsters insomnia decease
for life, cost gov(tax payers of course as usual) 10 million in damages.

Yeah? And exactly how many of these were prisoners when they volunteered? None.

What's your point, that drug trials sometimes have adverse outcomes? Well apart from the obvious "Yeah, we kind of all knew that." reaction, it is exactly because drug trials have risks that it is not ethically or morally acceptable to get people to participate in them on any basis other than fully informed consent, freely given.

Offline hwj-d

• Frequent Contributor
  • save the children - chase the cabal
« Reply #1814 on: April 03, 2020, 03:33:17 pm »
I am curious how long my posting here is uncensored to be seen.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1815 on: April 03, 2020, 04:09:39 pm »
Aka bollocks

My father in law is currently lying in hospital in an artificially induced coma with one collapsed lung and kidney failure at the moment and the family are busy carving up his possessions before he’s even croaked. There’s even speak of someone trying to get him a copy of his will he forgot to sign in case he wakes up.

That’s coronavirus! Not the media promoted version or that alternative theory horse shit above. Humans are horrible animals.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 04:13:05 pm by bd139 »

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #1816 on: April 03, 2020, 04:11:11 pm »

Oh so we are part of the conspiracy. Humor us clever dick, why would this be a big hoax. Go on, don't just post other people bull, tell us in your infinite wisdom, why?

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, Kilrah, bd139

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #1817 on: April 03, 2020, 04:13:00 pm »
Aka bollocks

My father in law is currently lying in hospital in an artificially induced coma with one collapsed lung and kidney failure at the moment and the family are busy carving up his possessions before he’s even croaked. There’s even speak of someone trying to get him a copy of his will he forgot to sign in case he wakes up.

That’s coronavirus! Not the Main Stream Media version or that horse shit above. Humans are horrible animals.

Friends aunt just died and just spoke to another person who'n father in law just died. Yea they are all part of this "conspiracy"...... Sadly, when we created a functional society we turned our backs on natural selection and the idiots get to reproduce!

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, Kilrah, not1xor1, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1818 on: April 03, 2020, 04:15:01 pm »
Indeed.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1819 on: April 03, 2020, 04:31:12 pm »
Sadly, when we created a functional society we turned our backs on natural selection and the idiots get to reproduce!

Well, perhaps god in her infinite wisdom has sent us a virus designed to wipe out whole families that don't believe in it as a spot of supernatural selection.  :)

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, bd139

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1820 on: April 03, 2020, 04:33:13 pm »
This is one of those events where everyone will know family or personal friends/colleagues who didn't make it. Not to mention celebrity deaths that everyone in their local/national/worldwide audiences mourn. Not to mention the long-term economic and health-care issues for those that DID make it.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1821 on: April 03, 2020, 04:35:11 pm »

For some people, it is psychologically easier to believe we are subjected to a hoax, than it is to accept how random the world actually is....

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1822 on: April 03, 2020, 04:35:44 pm »
Nothing to see. Like in "Germany". The biggest FUCK in human history since 9/11!
 :-DD :-DD :-DD
When people say 'critical thinking' they are full of BS.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline hwj-d

• Frequent Contributor
  • save the children - chase the cabal
« Reply #1823 on: April 03, 2020, 04:35:59 pm »

Oh so we are part of the conspiracy. Humor us clever dick, why would this be a big hoax. Go on, don't just post other people bull, tell us in your infinite wisdom, why?
Then stop the bullying.
The whole story around it is much too serious for that.
End of discussion!

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1824 on: April 03, 2020, 04:39:06 pm »
If you come up with a load of rubbish expect to be corrected.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf