Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3091350 times)

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #8300 on: January 30, 2017, 09:45:07 pm »
I find the temerity of the continued Batteroo hype and outright deception being put forth to be absolutely fascinating.  The depth of the deceit is incredible and they've even really doubled down on trying to convince people of their incredulous claims!  It really must take some serious cajones to be such outright, professional liars, but...

Wow!  It really does seem that this whole extended family has a propensity to be shysters, doesn't it? 

Amazing!  :palm:

Offline rich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8301 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:00 am »
Just in case there is any doubt about the speculated connection, I'll just leave this here...

The following users thanked this post: ccs46, Sonny_Jim

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #8302 on: January 31, 2017, 01:49:06 am »
And again accusing that people are paid by battery companies. Makes no sense, because battery companies are happy that people are using the Batteroo sleeves, because then they sell more batteries :-DD

It would seem there is an opportunity for battery companies.... to offer some free Batteroo sleeves.

The process would need to ensure the sleeves are "genuine" products from Batteroo and not ones that (may) have been tampered with.  Perhaps the battery company can issue vouchers which the customer can submit to Batteroo for fulfillment.  Batteroo then present the vouchers to the battery company for reimbursement.

Batteroo make more sales ... and so will the battery companies.

On second thought - the battery companies are only going to recoup their investment if the sleeves last long enough - and the public continue to use them for longer than common sense suggests.

Hmmm...

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #8303 on: January 31, 2017, 07:34:16 am »
Quote from: Farid Rooh
This is gonna save us hundreds of dollars per year.  No brainer.

HUNDREDS?!!  Anyone who is even spending (let alone saving) hundreds of dollars per year on primary cells should be seriously considering rechargeable cells or, at least, a more cost effective supplier for their alkaline primaries. 

Personally, I use things like the commercial Duracell Pro-Cell bulk packs for my alkaline primary cell needs and various types of NiCd and NiMH cells for rechargeables like many astute readers here...

(Invented by my brothers of course).

Remind me, again, exactly what they invented?!

The concept of a DC-DC converter?  NOPE!! Absolutely NOT!!

New and ever more inventive ways to try to outright scam unsuspecting people who aren't "electronic-savvy"?  WELL....  :palm:

Offline Domagoj T

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8304 on: January 31, 2017, 08:01:41 am »
I hate to bring in an ad hominem, but I've never heard of the term "Doctor of Pastoral Sciences".
However, somebody has apparently made a summary of it.
http://www.credentialwatch.org/reports/pma/overview.shtml

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #8305 on: January 31, 2017, 09:09:27 am »
I hate to bring in an ad hominem, but I've never heard of the term "Doctor of Pastoral Sciences".

So "Pastoral Sciences" is just another term for nonsense like naturopathy, homeopathy etc.? You pay the organization $49 per year and then you can call yourself a doctor? But every family has a black sheep, the Batteroo founders wouldn't do such things, like buying an award from Frost & Sullivan and then posting it on there website. Hmm, wait a moment...  :)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8306 on: January 31, 2017, 09:59:32 am »
Words fail me.

How many Roohs are there out there? Does any of them have an honest job?

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8307 on: January 31, 2017, 11:24:11 am »
Probably only in America can you use such a fake "Dr." title.
In Germany you would be seeing the courtroom from the inside, when attempting to use such a title officially.

Whenever I think this soap opera can not have another episode, it is continuing in a funny way.
So, I will stay subscribed to this thread ...
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8308 on: January 31, 2017, 11:42:03 am »
Probably only in America can you use such a fake "Dr." title.
In Germany you would be seeing the courtroom from the inside, when attempting to use such a title officially.

I've just decoded all the initials after his name. ROFL!  :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #8309 on: January 31, 2017, 11:46:47 am »

From that page:
Hundreds of practitioners are using the credentials "PSc.D.," "D.PSc.," and/or "Doctor of Pastoral Medicine" to promote their services. These titles come from the Texas-based Pastoral Medical Association (PMA), which "licenses" practitioners and registers prospective patients as "members" who wish to receive care from these providers. The PMA, which is headquartered in Irving, Texas, describes itself as "a private ecclesiastical membership association with a mission to promote scripture-based health and wellness concepts." [1] Its practitioner members typically offer medical services that require a government-issued license to provide, but the PMA asserts that "regulation of the Almighty's health care concepts is outside the jurisdiction of . . . secular regulatory boards" and that "when PMA license rules are followed . . . PMA license has no effect on any state license and state license has no effect on PMA license." [2]

Now you know where they get their faith in the Batteriser from!  :palm:

Jesus H. Christ it's quack central!
https://pmai.us/
Disclaimer

Practitioners of Pastoral Science & Medicine offer health improvement and counseling services based on a ministerial license issued by the Pastoral Medical Association (PMA).

PMA licensees do not practice medicine. More specifically, they do not examine, diagnose or treat, or offer to treat or cure or attempt to cure, any mental or physical disease, disorder or illness, or any physical deformity or injury. Also, PMA licensees do not recommend or prescribe any medications or pharmaceutical drugs.

https://pmai.us/information-disclaimer/
Practitioners of Pastoral Science & Medicine offer health improvement and counseling services based on a ministerial license issued by the Pastoral Medical Association (PMA). The titles PSc.D and D.PSc referenced on this website relate to practitioner’s PMA license, and not to any state license authority.

Sure trying to make himself sound like a medical doctor:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-farid-rooh-dpsc-bcim-dc-04a508111

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-farid-rooh-dpsc-bcim-dc-csp-72212922

And he does go under the Rooh-Parvar name with a hyphen
https://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/2913232/Dr-FARID-ROOH-PARVAR-Chandler-AZ.html

He has a Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE7wyrnYqY3QPiF-TXiPuRQ
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 12:08:10 pm by EEVblog »

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8310 on: January 31, 2017, 11:50:00 am »
I got my 4 x AA Batteriser last week and posted my results in the testing thread.
Now I have no further need for them, may be I am keeping one...,

Well, I feel bad putting them on ebay, so I am willing to give 3 AA sleeves away to anyone in Germany that wants to use them for testing purpose. So, 3 sleeves for 3 different people who want one, I even pay the postage, LOL. Send me a PM, if you are interested.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline dr_frost_dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8311 on: January 31, 2017, 01:00:08 pm »
Adding another comment to the thread, this will also be deleted, but i do hope he writes everyday :)
And he should link in the toy train test also

Offline WN1X

• Supporter
« Reply #8312 on: January 31, 2017, 01:12:32 pm »
This is gonna save us hundreds of dollars per year.  No brainer.

:palm: Too funny...I typically have to change the batteries in my Apple keyboard once, maybe twice a year. I have to wonder where Farid is buying his batteries  :-//
- Jim

Online McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8313 on: January 31, 2017, 02:29:07 pm »
Maybe he drives a battery powered Mercedes?

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

The following users thanked this post: jpc

Offline dr_frost_dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8314 on: January 31, 2017, 04:19:18 pm »
Maybe he drives a battery powered Mercedes?

McBryce.

VERY quick math says that you will need over/about 6200 AA to go about 100KM/62Miles

NOBODY would have an EV if you had to do that hehehehe

EDIT: Battery weight for 6200 AA is about 150KG!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:20:52 pm by dr_frost_dk »

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8315 on: January 31, 2017, 05:08:55 pm »
Well, I feel bad putting them on ebay

Do it for a laugh. Make sure to say they reduce battery life "in all known gadgets" and ask a ridiculous price to dissuade all but the True Believers.  :popcorn:

Offline Fgrir

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8316 on: January 31, 2017, 05:18:03 pm »
Well, I feel bad putting them on ebay

Do it for a laugh. Make sure to say they reduce battery life "in all known gadgets" and ask a ridiculous price to dissuade all but the True Believers.  :popcorn:

And don't forget a prominent warning about the danger of cuts and burns  :-DD

Offline daveake

• Contributor
« Reply #8317 on: January 31, 2017, 05:46:02 pm »

So yet another report of a melted Batteriser!
Is that 4 now?

I think he's about to have a meltdown himself  :scared: ...

Quite right too.

Offline samgab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8318 on: January 31, 2017, 06:14:22 pm »
It's incredible; it seems like every member of that Roohparvar family are masters of peddling various flavours of snake oil. Total sleaze. Their parents must be real pieces of work. Well, perhaps they'll all find themselves shipped back to sweet home Iran, where they can try to continue their delightful scamming practices. I imagine charlatans are treated a little less tolerantly over there...

The following users thanked this post: ccs46

Offline JiggyNinja

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8319 on: January 31, 2017, 06:19:39 pm »
From that page:
Hundreds of practitioners are using the credentials "PSc.D.," "D.PSc.," and/or "Doctor of Pastoral Medicine" to promote their services. These titles come from the Texas-based Pastoral Medical Association (PMA), which "licenses" practitioners and registers prospective patients as "members" who wish to receive care from these providers. The PMA, which is headquartered in Irving, Texas, describes itself as "a private ecclesiastical membership association with a mission to promote scripture-based health and wellness concepts." [1] Its practitioner members typically offer medical services that require a government-issued license to provide, but the PMA asserts that "regulation of the Almighty's health care concepts is outside the jurisdiction of . . . secular regulatory boards" and that "when PMA license rules are followed . . . PMA license has no effect on any state license and state license has no effect on PMA license." [2]

Now you know where they get their faith in the Batteriser from!  :palm:

Jesus H. Christ it's quack central!
There's two definitions of "pastoral". I can't be the only fool who would glance at that title and think it was vaguely cattle-related instead of another "prosperity gospel" garbage. That's probably by design too, just like the "China Export" is oh-so-coincidentally similar to the Conformité Européene mark.

And I should know better, living in the God-soaked and God-forsaken country that I do.

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
« Reply #8320 on: January 31, 2017, 07:22:17 pm »
China Export is a myth. It does not exist.  :palm: As seen on this forum, there are plenty of "real" product that bear an incorrect CE logo, which mean "Conformité Européenne" there are never been such a thing as "China Export".
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

The following users thanked this post: twice11

Offline dr_frost_dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8321 on: January 31, 2017, 07:45:54 pm »
Another comment for the record here

Offline daveake

• Contributor
« Reply #8322 on: February 01, 2017, 09:45:02 am »

Now deleted, of course, along with the comment complaining about having his comments deleted ...  |O

Offline JiggyNinja

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8323 on: February 01, 2017, 02:03:39 pm »
Fresh alkalines have a slightly higher voltage than the Batteroo's setpoint, so until the battery voltage drops a little the switcher doesn't turn on and you just see the small voltage drop from the synchronous rectifier.

Offline ccs46

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8324 on: February 01, 2017, 02:08:38 pm »
This should be in some kind of late show/documentary etc, a good story about lies upon lies and a BIG investigation into the Roohperver family, and how MANY MANY people around the world are busting them from the start of this whole batteriser scheme.
I can see it now!  :box:

"Tonight on 20/20, ABC News investigates the business practices of  Batteroo, a company selling sleeves that claim to increase use battery usage." We also talk to the so called EEVBlogger who originally brought up the issue on his YouTube channel. In doing so he started a witch hunt."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:29:27 pm by ccs46 »
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet. - Scott Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf