Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3084487 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #3150 on: October 30, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »
We have a product that works.
We SHOW it works LIVE unlike Batteroo.
The stated statistics are irrelevant - our campaign is rubbish - we had to do something to get peoples' attention.
We won't get the product to market even though it has benefits and not a scam such as the Batteroo product.
Do you doubt our product has benefits? Such as 3 weeks of light and 75% reduction in wet chemical toxins?

Hi
You are welcome here to discuss your product, but if oyu want to do that then please start another thread. This thread is already incredibly long and must be kept for discussion of the Batteriser only.

Offline al brown

• Contributor
« Reply #3151 on: October 30, 2015, 11:17:53 pm »
Thanks.

Started thread in "Crowdfunding" section.

Is that correct place?

cheers

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #3152 on: October 31, 2015, 04:09:12 pm »
Thanks.

Is that correct place?

cheers

Nice to see a woman join the forum, nice picture of you in the avatar Al! Short for Alice?

Their profile says male so "he" is a good looking cross dresser - probably the best on this forum   :-DD
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline g.lewarne

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3153 on: October 31, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »
I figured they would, but my comments on the Batteriser facebook page calling them out on the missing PCB / Positive end cap on their two most recent postings have been removed

I am really starting to think they are going to ship them without the PCB actually installed!  Will be hilarious if they do 

Offline meeder

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3154 on: November 01, 2015, 08:39:47 am »
I figured they would, but my comments on the Batteriser facebook page calling them out on the missing PCB / Positive end cap on their two most recent postings have been removed

I am really starting to think they are going to ship them without the PCB actually installed!  Will be hilarious if they do
Interesting to see if the placebo effect will be strong with this one ;-)

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #3155 on: November 01, 2015, 11:47:51 am »
I don't know if this has been pointed out earlier, but I see www.batteriser.com have posted a banner image that claims only 80% more energy from a battery...
Almost likely.
But the caption beneath it suggests they aren't too sure - or want to generate a point of confusion to challenge any blow-back from the previous 800% claims...?  (Or have no idea what they're talking about)
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3156 on: November 01, 2015, 02:20:07 pm »
I don't know if this has been pointed out earlier, but I see www.batteriser.com have posted a banner image that claims only 80% more energy from a battery...

Yes, we've seen it.

That's just batteriser math. The text at the bottom of that image already contradicts it ("the other 80%" = 400% more).

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #3157 on: November 05, 2015, 07:20:21 pm »

Is it possible to reply to a response on IGG?

Someone should respond with something like:

So that means the battery gauge on my device won't work any more once a Batteriser is installed?

Also, still no word on timeframe for shipping:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:22:46 pm by drussell »

Offline g.lewarne

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3158 on: November 05, 2015, 09:19:27 pm »
I can see one of two things happening.  Either they don't ship, ever.  Or, they ship the bare sleeves without the PCB installed and hope placebo takes effect.  I called them out twice on their most recent facebook posts, they deleted my comments (one of which, about the missing PCB positive end cap had over a hundred thumbs up) and have seemingly turned off all comments on their timeline.

Ive got my popcorn and am looking forward to the show :)

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3159 on: November 05, 2015, 09:32:29 pm »
Either they don't ship, ever.  Or, they ship the bare sleeves without the PCB installed and hope placebo takes effect.

That is a ludicrous suggestion. Never going to happen.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #3160 on: November 06, 2015, 01:36:17 am »
Thanks.

Is that correct place?

cheers

Nice to see a woman join the forum, nice picture of you in the avatar Al! Short for Alice?

Their profile says male so "he" is a good looking cross dresser - probably the best on this forum   :-DD

Cultural tip: Did you know Crossdresser clubs started at England?

Nothing wrong with that! Crossdresser electronics people: Welcome to EEvBLOG ;)

Anyway, I this inspired me to write a post titled "Sexuality, genders and technology" based on personal experiences and occasional looking into it. You can read it if you want :)

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #3161 on: November 06, 2015, 06:37:30 am »
Either they don't ship, ever.  Or, they ship the bare sleeves without the PCB installed and hope placebo takes effect.
That is a ludicrous suggestion. Never going to happen.

Agreed....  That is just ridiculous.

They are most likely going to ship the product we expect (a DC-DC converter as best they can manage to conjure up to meet their lofty goals) or a slim chance of never shipping anything but I seriously doubt they'll ship nothing.

They'll ship the best that current state of the art electronics and basic physics will allow but I can't see how it's going to be anywhere near their goals or marketing claims.

:popcorn:

Offline RogerRowland

• Regular Contributor
    • Personal web site
« Reply #3162 on: November 06, 2015, 06:59:16 am »
They'll ship the best that current state of the art electronics and basic physics will allow but I can't see how it's going to be anywhere near their goals or marketing claims.

+1. This.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3163 on: November 06, 2015, 08:36:50 am »
They are most likely going to ship the product we expect (a DC-DC converter as best they can manage to conjure up to meet their lofty goals) or a slim chance of never shipping anything but I seriously doubt they'll ship nothing.

Yep, I'm 95% sure this is what will happen.
I suspect they'll be a bit late though, but we'll get a product that looks and basically works as claimed, but it's performance, well, that doesn't stand a chance in hell of meeting their claims. We'll find out within a month or two most likely.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3164 on: November 06, 2015, 08:45:24 am »
I wonder how many revs of the board (and mfg cycle) they will use before they release?
I suspect they are so arrogant, they will build half a million of rev 1.0, then discover something important... beyond the fact it doesn't deliver as claimed!

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #3165 on: November 06, 2015, 08:50:52 am »

Yep, I'm 95% sure this is what will happen.
I suspect they'll be a bit late though, but we'll get a product that looks and basically works as claimed, but it's performance, well, that doesn't stand a chance in hell of meeting their claims. We'll find out within a month or two most likely.

Naah. They will be late because they needed to send the reference GPS, monkey and the LED flashlight for repair because they fail to work long enough with the new batteriser. It will take a while to get them back from the manufacturer.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3166 on: November 06, 2015, 09:02:02 am »
I suspect they are so arrogant, they will build half a million of rev 1.0, then discover something important...

Important enough to need a new capital injection and a few more months of testing?

(because they care about quality and can't possibly ship a substandard product!)

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3167 on: November 06, 2015, 09:07:06 am »
I suspect they are so arrogant, they will build half a million of rev 1.0, then discover something important...

You mean like spending many years in development, running a huge big budget Indiegogo, and then figuring out it isn't very efficient at high current loads mere weeks before delivery?

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3168 on: November 06, 2015, 09:11:50 am »

You mean like spending many years in development, running a huge big budget Indiegogo, and then figuring out it isn't very efficient at high current loads mere weeks before delivery?
Blinded by their self-confidence... in itself, not a bad thing - but when lying and wasting a lot of other people's money... tends to take the gloss off.  But a least the gloss will last 8x as long!

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3169 on: November 06, 2015, 09:15:39 am »
But a least the gloss will last 8x as long!

You mean 5x, 80% of the unused gloss!

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3170 on: November 06, 2015, 10:22:16 am »

To be fair: It was only a few weeks ago that you that pointed out the problems to them.

And you saw how they upgraded their laboratory between the 'Monkey' video and the 'Tech' video. That might have helped them find the flaw in the custom silicon.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:23:58 am by Fungus »

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3171 on: November 06, 2015, 04:31:38 pm »

I suspect they'll be a bit late though, but we'll get a product that looks and basically works as claimed, but it's performance, well, that doesn't stand a chance in hell of meeting their claims.

That's the crux of the entire thing right there Dave!

Will it work?  As in produce 1.5v from a cell sitting at <1.5v?  Yes.

Will it perform?  As in extend battery life by 8x (or even at all).  Certainly not.  Physics always wins.

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3172 on: November 11, 2015, 02:40:47 pm »
Hi Guys,
I have tried searching for a thread in here that Dave mentioned in a video.
Apparently has done some testing and posted results?
Any help finding the thread?
Cheers, Brek.

Offline Marcel_X

• Contributor
« Reply #3173 on: November 13, 2015, 04:55:08 pm »
Hi Guys,
I have tried searching for a thread in here that Dave mentioned in a video.
Apparently has done some testing and posted results?
Any help finding the thread?
Cheers, Brek.

Hi Brek,

Maybe you mean these videos made by TechnologyCatalyst. He's on this forum too.

Part 1:
Part 2:
And the summary in Part 3:
If it weren't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL, and OBOL

Offline 5ky

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3174 on: November 13, 2015, 08:37:37 pm »
"November" is running out, and we still haven't heard a peep out of Batteriser....  :scared:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf