Has the site been down for the last few days with a 504 error or just me?.
I have this on good authority as of Sept. 11 (date in USA):
"The forum is under attack again even after we got things under control.
Please do not mention CloudFlare, we know, we have another system in place. This is a massive attack from hundreds of thousands of different IP's though user apps and browser extensions without those users knowing. This is not just one bad actor we can easily block.
The forum is operational, but it just can't handle the volume."
But my own observation is that our friends seem to have worked out a solution.
I have encountered what seems like a related issue at ARS Technica which is a science/technical news site.
I think that the AI bots are on the rampage.
I think that the AI bots are on the rampage.
I dunno; that's been mentioned as one possibility, thousands of "AI" bots swarming on us for "training" purposes.
But an equally plausible explanation is Chinese gov't. DDOS attacks because of (perceived) anti-Chinese comments here.
One thing that might point in that direction is the fact that so many bots congregated in the "Baidu" thread here, which has commentary on Chinese policies. So maybe they were just trying to throttle the entire site.
I really do not know.
I think that the AI bots are on the rampage.
I dunno; that's been mentioned as one possibility, thousands of "AI" bots swarming on us for "training" purposes.
But an equally plausible explanation is Chinese gov't. DDOS attacks because of (perceived) anti-Chinese comments here.
One thing that might point in that direction is the fact that so many bots congregated in the "Baidu" thread here, which has commentary on Chinese policies. So maybe they were just trying to throttle the entire site.
I really do not know.
Well, if you don’t (and you obviously don’t), then you shouldn’t make make assumptions like these at all.
Please keep you conspiracy theories for yourself.
I had a 400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large error. Could not get it to shift with closing the browser or hard resets. Cleared itself today.
Dave
published a video that explains the outages. It's due to massively frequent accesses from a single company: Shanghai263.
I faced the same error 3-4 days ago. Error 504.
Dave published a video that explains the outages. It's due to massively frequent accesses from a single company: Shanghai263.
Sad! I don't understand why Baidu is after eev. It's a decent forum.
I got 2-3 504s today. I'm situated in Germany.
I have been getting always(for many hours today) a 504 error opening eevblog.com but can open eevblog.com/forum without any problem.
I think that the AI bots are on the rampage.
I dunno; that's been mentioned as one possibility, thousands of "AI" bots swarming on us for "training" purposes.
But an equally plausible explanation is Chinese gov't. DDOS attacks because of (perceived) anti-Chinese comments here.
One thing that might point in that direction is the fact that so many bots congregated in the "Baidu" thread here, which has commentary on Chinese policies. So maybe they were just trying to throttle the entire site.
I really do not know.
Well, if you don’t (and you obviously don’t), then you shouldn’t make make assumptions like these at all.
Please keep you conspiracy theories for yourself.
No, please share. Just label them as such. I'm always after new and interesting such theories. With enough of them one might prove right ...
Back to the topic: ditched ipv6 and back to normal outgoing ipv4 and the site suddenly became responsive.
I have been getting always(for many hours today) a 504 error opening eevblog.com but can open eevblog.com/forum without any problem.
then please visit another forum.
This one is about electronics, not politics nor wild conspiracy stuff.
Had a couple of 502s yesterday.
pls there are ongoing threads for theses problems, no need to create others ... a site search would be best before posting ..
Locking. There are other threads for this.