-
-
Regarding 10mm tube fitting for connecting the air:
As several people from North America mentioned, these are hard to get here.
Instead of ordering these, I opened a back panel, unscrewed 6mm quick connect on the inside from the 10mm quick connect on the outside, and used a standard coupling (1/2" I believe) to join a 6mm QC on the inside to 1/2" quick connect on the outside. So I can use a standard compressor hose to connect to the machine.
-
-
V 1.27 of the software.
Run the program, then stop. Restart, it asks me if I want to continue, or start over. I select continue, BUT IT STARTS OVER ANYWAY. Even though the parts are still marked as done in the application.
-
#402 Reply
Posted by
dimbmw
on 02 Feb, 2017 18:30
-
got my stuff tuned to the point where I can place 0402 at 100% speed, most of the setup time was z-height and nozzle-to-camera calibration. this is with juki 502 nozzle.
The sound when it hits the pcb is scary!
-
-
got my stuff tuned to the point where I can place 0402 at 100% speed, most of the setup time was z-height and nozzle-to-camera calibration. this is with juki 502 nozzle.
The sound when it hits the pcb is scary!
I'd be pretty sure that sound is not the part being smacked into the board.. Its more to do with the way the mechanics of the head are arranged. A pneuamatically driven machien runs differently from this..
-
#404 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 02 Feb, 2017 19:08
-
got my stuff tuned to the point where I can place 0402 at 100% speed, most of the setup time was z-height and nozzle-to-camera calibration. this is with juki 502 nozzle.
The sound when it hits the pcb is scary!
That's just the sound of the vacuum pump solenoid closing, to shut off the vacuum
-
#405 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 02 Feb, 2017 19:11
-
V 1.27 of the software.
Run the program, then stop. Restart, it asks me if I want to continue, or start over. I select continue, BUT IT STARTS OVER ANYWAY. Even though the parts are still marked as done in the application. 
that's messed up! does it actually clear out the pick-done list? can you pause + cancel + see that they have been reset?
-
-
It does both. For example, I checked that all part from specific feeder already placed, and all marked DONE in the list. And it still goes get more parts from it. Also, when you switch from RUN to EDIT and back, sometimes it (seemingly randomly) deselects some of the DONE flags.
Which version do you have?
-
#407 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 02 Feb, 2017 20:23
-
1.24, and i've used this functionality a lot, it's working fine
-
-
Actually the enclosed flash drive contains v 1.24 beta2. Guess I'll try it.
Another REALLY annoying bug, when it detects fiducials and fails, it prompts you to correct manually, using 4 on-screen buttons over the camera view. But the machine is in high speed mode! So there is no practical way to correct, since even the shortest possible click results in a huge jump.
-
-
Right, v1.24 does not have this bug. What I did was switch from RUN to EDIT then in feeders check and uncheck one of the nozzles. Go back to RUN and all of the DONE flags are basically randomized.
-
-
It is amazing how they can't do a simple thing right.... or at least do it consistently. v1.27 actually worked correctly with angles. Feeders have their own "pick angle" parameters. And if that was set to zero, the rotation was exactly as set in the component. Now you can rotate your IC tray, change the "pick angle" and leave alone the components information.
v1.24 does not have "pick angle", and for some unknown reasons adds 90 deg to the components angle. Which means if you upgrade the s/w your setup is screwed up.
-
-
Ok, try this: Load some file, switch to RUN. Check DONE on the first line.
Switch to Edit>Feeders. Uncheck and check one of the nozzles (so that everything is like it was originally).
Switch back to RUN. Now, in my file I have exactly 100 line, and after I do that 51st line is now DONE. If I manually checked 2nd line, 52nd would be DONE after these steps. Even on v1.24. So I guess as long as you don't manually switch DONE, you are fine. I had to reload the files, so I had to do that manually. Basically every DONE flag that you set manually is applied to the other half of the file....

. I mean you really need to try to mess things up like that.
-
-
How do you guys find performance of the up camera? On my machine the lighting is inadequate.
I adjusted the threshold so it recognized some 0603 caps really well (at setting 140), then I tried placing 0805 caps. I had to reduce the the threshold to 40, at which point it was completely useless for other parts.
That's strange, on TVM802 once I adjusted camera threshold I never had to touch it again. Why did not they just copy the part that worked well.
Anyway, I put some white LEDs on 3 sides of the hexagon, now it seems to work the same way for all parts, like I'm used to.
Down camera struggles with fiducials on HASL boards. It finds one of them easily and another one is not steady.
-
#413 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 07 Feb, 2017 02:34
-
Actually the enclosed flash drive contains v 1.24 beta2. Guess I'll try it.
Another REALLY annoying bug, when it detects fiducials and fails, it prompts you to correct manually, using 4 on-screen buttons over the camera view. But the machine is in high speed mode! So there is no practical way to correct, since even the shortest possible click results in a huge jump.
Yeah... I actually contacted them about this issue... very annoying
-
#414 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 07 Feb, 2017 02:36
-
Right, v1.24 does not have this bug. What I did was switch from RUN to EDIT then in feeders check and uncheck one of the nozzles. Go back to RUN and all of the DONE flags are basically randomized.
found this out too, while clicking around, pretty flawed programming there
"pick angle" was one of those things i asked them to add
-
#415 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 07 Feb, 2017 02:38
-
How do you guys find performance of the up camera? On my machine the lighting is inadequate.
I adjusted the threshold so it recognized some 0603 caps really well (at setting 140), then I tried placing 0805 caps. I had to reduce the the threshold to 40, at which point it was completely useless for other parts.
That's strange, on TVM802 once I adjusted camera threshold I never had to touch it again. Why did not they just copy the part that worked well.
Anyway, I put some white LEDs on 3 sides of the hexagon, now it seems to work the same way for all parts, like I'm used to.
Down camera struggles with fiducials on HASL boards. It finds one of them easily and another one is not steady.
It's been working OK since lowering threshold to 80. But I can't get it to detect small LGAs at all. I'll try adding a bunch of white LEDs, thanks for the tip.
-
#416 Reply
Posted by
Gary.M
on 07 Feb, 2017 08:11
-
How do you guys find performance of the up camera? On my machine the lighting is inadequate.
I adjusted the threshold so it recognized some 0603 caps really well (at setting 140), then I tried placing 0805 caps. I had to reduce the the threshold to 40, at which point it was completely useless for other parts.
That's strange, on TVM802 once I adjusted camera threshold I never had to touch it again. Why did not they just copy the part that worked well.
Anyway, I put some white LEDs on 3 sides of the hexagon, now it seems to work the same way for all parts, like I'm used to.
Down camera struggles with fiducials on HASL boards. It finds one of them easily and another one is not steady.
It's been working OK since lowering threshold to 80. But I can't get it to detect small LGAs at all. I'll try adding a bunch of white LEDs, thanks for the tip.
Seriously, you guys paid how much for this? Is the open pnp option viable yet?
Sent from my x600 using Tapatalk
-
#417 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 07 Feb, 2017 13:29
-
LOL
-
#418 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 07 Feb, 2017 13:32
-
QiHE will be upgrading my machine, there's also a hardware change, they are sending me the new board.
-
-
what's the upgrade?
-
#420 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 07 Feb, 2017 14:35
-
>Mainly updated speed and algorithm. In short, it is faster than before. and before you say there is an IC setting issues.
-
-
Hm... algorithm update sounds a bit vague

Another question, what pressure do you supply? If set pressure higher than 90PSI some parts jump when the feeder advances. Is there some kind of adjustment for that?
-
#422 Reply
Posted by
dtf
on 12 Feb, 2017 01:49
-
I'm supplying 100psi but only had problems with parts jumping around on tape with a tiny 2x2mm part on 12mm tape. Reducing pressure is a good idea tho, I'll turn it down some.
-
-
Wonder how much the vaccuum will drop. Does a venturi generated vaccuum result in a linear process?
Do you guys have the new feeder plates ?
-
-
Yep, I told them I heard about feeder plate snafu, before the purchase, mine arrived with 16mm plate.