For redesigner, new KNOBS for Siglent SDS1202X-E.
My very special thanks in this context go to Jonas Rijnders from Siglent.eu.


More information
www.facebook.com/siglent.instruments/Keep calm and never stop hacking.
More information www.facebook.com/siglent.instruments/
No, unfortunately I can't seem to find more information there, except for one more photo showing metal grindings (?) on the scope's front panel PCB. Could you elaborate a bit? Which knobs did you use? Why was it so difficult to exchange them? (Did you turn you own knobs?)
Ex factory there is ~2mm clearance from the base of the knobs to the front panel and all this mod seems to offer is reducing this clearance.

Care need be taken to not reduce the clearance too far so to interrupt the press function of the knobs and restrict some of the features of the scope.
Ex factory there is ~2mm clearance from the base of the knobs to the front panel and all this mod seems to offer is reducing this clearance. 
By grinding down the encoder axes?! Ouch. I would be worried about side effects.
This is the worst introduction post I've ever seen from a new "member".
A smooth knob? It's not good to use a knob without rubber.
Apparently the new knobs are what Siglent uses on the SDS2000X series. But I agree, they would not be my preference from a functional perspective if they are as smooth and slippery as they look.
A smooth knob? It's not good to use a knob without rubber.
Apparently the new knobs are what Siglent uses on the SDS2000X series. But I agree, they would not be my preference from a functional perspective if they are as smooth and slippery as they look.
Correct I overlooked this. And the 2000X knobs sit higher against the front panel hence the OP's wish to file the shaft and lower them closer to the front panel. The X-E originals have ridges for grip but the 2000X knobs while looking smooth have a better rubbery feel that is representative of a better quality instrument.
They are interchangeable but I don't see any significant advantage.
Pimp your scope..............