Hi, all
My AFG3101 reports errors during diagnosis and self-calibration, the error codes are 2303 and 1103 respectively, that is CH1 Output offset failure and CH1 Output offset calibration failure. When referring to the maintenance manual, I have doubts about the following maintenance tree. What I understand should be: No, Replace the Genertor board. Yes, Replace the Amplifier board. Asking for your help. I hope you all can make suggestions for repairs. Thank you in advance!
I have fixed the error. It is a fault of the magnification board, and I have hand-drawn the circuit diagram of the amplifier board. If you need it, please contact me.
Hi! I also have an AFG3101. The error code is diagnosis: 2303, calibration: 1103. Hope you can help. Thank you very much!
I have fixed the error. It is a fault of the magnification board, and I have hand-drawn the circuit diagram of the amplifier board. If you need it, please contact me.
@lern01, glad to read that you've probably fixed the AFG. My AFG3022C (dual ch.) now also has code same channel 1 code 2303/1103 offset failure problem, measured amplitude is 33% lower than the good channel 2. A bit heart-broken cause I never abuse it, and now the Tektronix center "best effort" (since the unit has been discontinued from 2020) repair+cal price quote is about 60% of my H/W purchase price in yr. 2019. Would love to borrow some idea from your DIY battle winning story.
(I understand that all different generations of AFGs are having different PCBs config. may not be easy to explain your exact repair and problem location, and I don't have the exact C version service manual from Tek neither, only B version would be the closest).

Hi! I also have an AFG3101. The error code is diagnosis: 2303, calibration: 1103. Hope you can help. Thank you very much!
I am very sorry—I haven't been online for quite a while. How can I help you?
I have fixed the error. It is a fault of the magnification board, and I have hand-drawn the circuit diagram of the amplifier board. If you need it, please contact me.
@lern01, glad to read that you've probably fixed the AFG. My AFG3022C (dual ch.) now also has code same channel 1 code 2303/1103 offset failure problem, measured amplitude is 33% lower than the good channel 2. A bit heart-broken cause I never abuse it, and now the Tektronix center "best effort" (since the unit has been discontinued from 2020) repair+cal price quote is about 60% of my H/W purchase price in yr. 2019. Would love to borrow some idea from your DIY battle winning story.
(I understand that all different generations of AFGs are having different PCBs config. may not be easy to explain your exact repair and problem location, and I don't have the exact C version service manual from Tek neither, only B version would be the closest).
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
I apologize sincerely; I haven't been online for quite some time. How can I be of assistance to you? I haven't had any experience with the Type C model. I suggest sketching out the amplifier board by hand to see how it differs from the first generation of the 3000 series.