Author Topic: Siglent SDS2000X Plus  (Read 760182 times)

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Reply #3600 on: September 02, 2022, 08:29:20 am »
performa01, thank you for answering this way.

You were right, the differences came from different dc offsets between the channels.
I run a self-calibration after the firmware update and  the differences between rms and stdv reeadings vanished.
So the screenshot is not needed anymore.

I used the SDS2354x to get an exact noise level of 0dBm with 40 MHz bandwidth from an SDG6054X.

To set the exact level of  223.6 mV the Measure -> Tools -> Trend -> Trent-Stdv function  of the scope
is very helpful to get a 'quiet' reading.

I adjusted the SDG to for a reading of 223.5 mV average(stdv)  from the scope, the SDG showed 256.8 mV output at 50 Ohm then.

I verified the reading of the scope with an SSA3032X-R which should  have showed a level in dBm/Hz which is 10 * log(40E6) dB lower
at -76.02 dBm/Hz.

The analyzer readout was -75.85 dBm/Hz (f=10MHz,Zero Span,BW RBW=1kHz,VBW=10Hz. AVG=200) which  showes a very satisfying
accuracy of Siglent measurement devices. :-+
With a noise-bandwith of 42 MHz the reading at the SSA was -76.0dBm/Hz!

The SDS2000Xplus scopes have more bandwith and therefore a better crest-factor than the old HP 3400A or 3400B rf-millivoltmeters.
Such a scope is a remunerative investment for hobbyists in many repects.

Can you post a similiar measurement with your SDS2000X-HD?

Very cool! I instantly repeated your measurements! No adjustments done, (SDG settings: 223.6 mV (0 dBm), Noise, 40 MHz BW)
See screenshot attached. both devices connected in parallel, 50 Ohms termination at the end with the SSA-input.
Generator is SDG2122X, same settings as yours. Well done!

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3601 on: September 02, 2022, 09:15:16 am »
Does the Siglent SDS2000X Plus or SDS2000X HD has the "All measurement" function in the Measurement Menu that can display all the items of the current measurement source?
No, not in the same way as SDS1104X-E.
Sorry all sold out of SDS2000X Plus however AFAIK the measurement structure is very similar to SDS6000A so a couple of screenshots as examples.
Simple Measure is the closest to All Measure in the X-E however in Advanced we can have a list of up to 12 all showing Value, Mean, Min, Max and Stdev plus an assortment of control parameters for the measurements too, like Gating etc.

Hopefully someone can 100% confirm X Plus and HD has the same Measurement feature set.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3602 on: September 02, 2022, 09:40:36 am »
Yes, I forgot how to handle the "Simple" measurements... ;)

There is no "All measurements" button anywhere, however we can configure as many simple measurements (without the option to display statistics and restricted to just one channel) as we like.

See attached screenshot for the SDS2000X HD, but it's exactly the same on the SDS2000X Plus. I have simply activated all available measurements for Channel 4 - of course the channel delay measurements aren't available for a single channel. But the measurements set will stay put, so we can activate it anytime and we can change the associated channel without having to define that simple measurement set again.

SDS2504X HD_All_Measurements

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Markus2801A

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #3603 on: September 02, 2022, 10:28:04 am »

There is no "All measurements" button anywhere, however we can configure as many simple measurements (without the option to display statistics and restricted to just one channel) as we like.

See attached screenshot for the SDS2000X HD, but it's exactly the same on the SDS2000X Plus. I have simply activated all available measurements for Channel 4 - of course the channel delay measurements aren't available for a single channel. But the measurements set will stay put, so we can activate it anytime and we can change the associated channel without having to define that simple measurement set again.

And for this, source can be selected channel main window, zoomed window, math result or saved reference and measurements can also be gated. Least in SDS2504X HD and afaik same in X Plus..
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline tubularnut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3604 on: September 02, 2022, 11:06:55 am »
Version: V1.5.2R1

Although the Time Zone Setting appears on screen, I am unable to select or enter any Timezone information.

My 'siglent_device_startup.sh' script on a USB drive for enabling Telnet access no longer functions.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3605 on: September 02, 2022, 11:13:02 am »

Although the Time Zone Setting appears on screen, I am unable to select or enter any Timezone information.

My 'siglent_device_startup.sh' script on a USB drive for enabling Telnet access no longer functions.
Why exactly do you need such functionality ?  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline tubularnut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3606 on: September 02, 2022, 11:19:14 am »
I don’t at present, it’s a historical thing when I was asked for internal information by another prominent member, just pointing it out for anybody else  :)

Offline Wintel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3607 on: September 02, 2022, 11:29:08 am »

Thanks for your help.

Would you show how to enable or configure the simple measurements that can display over 50 measurements in screen?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 12:08:56 pm by Wintel »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3608 on: September 02, 2022, 11:34:29 am »
Would you show how to configure the simple measurements?
I can describe it very simply, in Simple click Type and select the measurement types you wish to add.
Scroll back up to the first SDS6000A screenshot I posted where there are only a few measurement types displayed where you can just add more.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3609 on: September 02, 2022, 01:01:52 pm »
Would you show how to enable or configure the simple measurements that can display over 50 measurements in screen?

Activate the Measure Menu, select "Simple" mode.

It might be best to start with an empty set of measurements, hence press "Clear". See first screenshot.

SDS2354X Plus_Measure_Simple_Clear

Now press "Type", activate the appropriate tabs (Vertical, Horizontal, Miscellaneous) and select or deselect the desired measurement items. The items will appear in the measurement set in the order they've been selected. If you deselect an item, then other as with the advanced measurements, the item will disappear from the set and the gap is closed. When you select it again sometimes later, it will be added at the end of the set. So you have to be careful if you are interested in a certain order and grouping of the items. See also the second screenshot.

SDS2354X Plus_Measure_Simple_Type

Finally you have a set of measurements. I've defined one that contains what I think to be the most useful ones as an example, see 3rd screenshot:

SDS2354X Plus_Measure_Simple_Set

Offline mathstudi

• Contributor
« Reply #3610 on: September 02, 2022, 03:43:44 pm »
Hi,
I have a Siglent SDS235X Plus with the latest firmware 1.5.2R1. Hardware version is 02-04. Since the firmware update this afternoon I have no network connection. DHCP does not work. I can enter a static network address, including subnet mask and gateway. The network icon shows a connection, but I do not see the SDS in the network. Before the firmware update I had a perfect network connection. Does anybody have a similar problem?
THX, Pascal

Offline kladit

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3611 on: September 02, 2022, 04:20:14 pm »
No problems here, same FW-update.
The only difference is: I do not use dhcp but an nameserver for my local net and static ip-adresses.
A friend made the same FW-update and has sent me some screenshots today, so he has had
no problems as well. But I do not know if he is using dhcp.

Offline trp806mo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3612 on: September 02, 2022, 04:27:59 pm »
nope
1580488-0

Offline mathstudi

• Contributor
« Reply #3613 on: September 02, 2022, 04:36:18 pm »
THX for the quick reply. This is another one of those days where an error pops up at the dumbest moment. Yesterday evening the Ethernet switch was still working. Today after the update, the switch had to break at this very moment  :-DD. After replacing the switch, everything works fine again. Weekend saved  :clap:. THX, Pascal

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #3614 on: September 02, 2022, 05:24:21 pm »
And for this, source can be selected channel main window, zoomed window, math result or saved reference and measurements can also be gated. Least in SDS2504X HD and afaik same in X Plus..

Looked at work  on the X plus, yepp it´s the same as at home on my HD.
Sources : Ch1-Ch4, Math1, Math2, Ref A-Ref D

Offline blurpy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3615 on: September 02, 2022, 05:51:56 pm »
I thought this feature was used for disaster recovery, where you provide files for a magic usb stick?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3616 on: September 02, 2022, 08:30:11 pm »
I thought this feature was used for disaster recovery, where you provide files for a magic usb stick?
Disaster, from what ?
You don't need Telnet to play with these things as we have an SCPI command panel in the webserver.
Any command not in the command set gets ignored whereas all the magic unpublished ones work just fine.  ;)
It's all here in the forum for anyone to find.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline steve1515

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3617 on: September 03, 2022, 02:25:29 am »

I'm having the same issue. I just see a timezone dropdown box with nothing in it and I can't select or change anything.

Offline blurpy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3618 on: September 03, 2022, 10:04:16 am »
Disaster, from what ?

You are the disaster recovery expert, but perhaps when you do this sort of thing?

My 1-week old SDS2104X Plus no longer works. It hangs while booting (see attached picture). Any idea how to troubleshoot it, before calling Siglent on Monday?
Sure, flick us a PM with your email...... ve have the tools !

Not talking about telnet btw, but the fact that running a script during boot is now disabled.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3619 on: September 03, 2022, 10:46:01 am »
Disaster, from what ?

You are the disaster recovery expert, but perhaps when you do this sort of thing?

My 1-week old SDS2104X Plus no longer works. It hangs while booting (see attached picture). Any idea how to troubleshoot it, before calling Siglent on Monday?
Sure, flick us a PM with your email...... ve have the tools !

Not talking about telnet btw, but the fact that running a script during boot is now disabled.
Is it, not looked however it won't be long until certain prominent members here find other penetration methods but I know not what for.  :-//
All the Siglent Service centers have recovery packages and there's absolutely no need go looking into the OS as the Python script negates any need to.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline blurpy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3620 on: September 03, 2022, 10:54:30 am »
Is it, not looked however it won't be long until certain prominent members here find other penetration methods but I know not what for.  :-//
All the Siglent Service centers have recovery packages and there's absolutely no need go looking into the OS as the Python script negates any need to.
Again, not talking about looking into the OS, telnet or not. I'm just asking if Siglent broke their own recovery tools by removing support for running scripts during startup. Have you tried the recovery tools after flashing the newest firmware?

Offline blurpy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3621 on: September 03, 2022, 11:03:02 am »

I'm having the same issue. I just see a timezone dropdown box with nothing in it and I can't select or change anything.

I see references to "/usr/share/zoneinfo/" in the firmware, which on a regular Linux system contains the timezone files.
But I can't see any timezone files shipped with the new firmware. So perhaps it's already included on new devices, but not older ones?

Update: since I haven't updated yet, I had a look around with telnet to see if I could find the files it's looking for:

Code: [Select]
/ # ls /usr/bin/siglent/usr/localtime
ls: /usr/bin/siglent/usr/localtime: No such file or directory

/ # ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/
ls: /usr/share/zoneinfo/: No such file or directory

Would be interesting to know if "/usr/share/zoneinfo/" exists on the latest generation of devices.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 11:20:18 am by blurpy »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3622 on: September 03, 2022, 11:15:35 am »
Again, not talking about looking into the OS, telnet or not. I'm just asking if Siglent broke their own recovery tools by removing support for running scripts during startup. Have you tried the recovery tools after flashing the newest firmware?
Them USB so shouldn't be a problem.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline blurpy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3623 on: September 03, 2022, 11:21:57 am »
The script support they disabled runs from USB, so could still be a problem ;)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3624 on: September 03, 2022, 11:23:15 am »
The script support they disabled runs from USB, so could still be a problem ;)
:-DD
Unlikely they set out to break their own tools.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf