Question -> Is using a VNC on a PC to remote into the local PC using BenchVue a common use case or it is occasional ? Any reason for not just installing BenchVue on the remote PC and connecting directly to the instruments ( besides lag ).
Sid
Sid,
I hate to tell you this, but BV is so resource intensive that it virtually requires a dedicated PC. I use the BV app to view remotely, but I can fully understand the desire to use VNC to view on a dedicated PC.
I realize that you're probably too far down the line to change development platforms, but .NET and the ginormous libraries you're now beholden to are a problem.
Sid,
I hate to tell you this, but BV is so resource intensive that it virtually requires a dedicated PC.
That is what I do !
I have a Win 7 Lenovo Laptop that is designated only for BenchVue because otherwise the PC is so much limited.
And don't even try to have Keithley software running on the same laptop, it messes up the Keysight and Keithley libraries.
So, one PC just for BV seems to be the solution.
But not everyone can or will afford this.
Thanks. I just filed a defect for the team to recreate and debug this.
By the way BV is the only program which does not like to work with VNC (or the other way round). All others except those using video overlays work fine albeit be bit slower.
Yours Messtechniker
Fun with VISA...
You can have TekVISA (used with Keithley instruments) and Keysight VISA running on the same PC. Use Connection Expert's "VISA Conflict Manager" to select which VISA you want to enable. TekVISA, like R&S VISA, does not overwrite visa32.dll; it installs separately. NI in contrast, renames Keysight's visa32.dll to "Agilent Technologies - Keysight Technologies visa32.dll" and then puts its own in the Windows\SysWOW64\ folder. Connection Expert uses agvisa32.dll (Keysight's VISA), but BenchVue uses the active - "primary" - one, which can be one of the others. If they're not working right, that can be a source of angst for BenchVue. BTW, when removing NI VISA, the NI uninstaller does not restore the renamed Keysight VISA back to visa32.dll, which breaks any apps that use visa32.dll, such as BenchVue. You have to "Modify" Keysight VISA, making it primary, in that case.
Brian
BenchVue Support
Hi Sid,
thanks for looking in to this.
I have sent a BV report via email to the support team.
Here we go again.
What's the idea behind the BV update failure shown in the enclosed pic?
(Windows firewall fully disabled, by the way).
Yours - Messtechniker
Here we go again.
What's the idea behind the BV update failure shown in the enclosed pic?
(Windows firewall fully disabled, by the way).
Yours - Messtechniker
Hi Sid,
thanks for looking in to this.
I have sent a BV report via email to the support team.
Luckily today I could recreate the failed graph immediately
upon starting VNC for the first time to access BV remotely.
Hi Folks,
The team is looking to overhaul the BenchVue scope application in the next few months. Are there any scope users here that would be interested in working with us to provide us some feedback through our development ? The level of engagement would be whatever your'e comfortable with. Ideally folks would be using the application on their PCs and giving us feedback on their experience with the new features. If there are any takers please email us at [email protected].
On a related topic, are there folks here that need to talk to their DUTs as part of their test process - or is most testing on passive devices ? I'd love to hear your feedback on what your needs are regarding controlling your DUTs when you make measurements.
Thanks
Sid
The team is looking to overhaul the BenchVue scope application in the next few months. Are there any scope users here that would be interested in working with us to provide us some feedback through our development ? The level of engagement would be whatever your'e comfortable with. Ideally folks would be using the application on their PCs and giving us feedback on their experience with the new features. If there are any takers please email us at [email protected].
Hi Folks,
The team is looking to overhaul the BenchVue scope application in the next few months. Are there any scope users here that would be interested in working with us to provide us some feedback through our development ? The level of engagement would be whatever your'e comfortable with. Ideally folks would be using the application on their PCs and giving us feedback on their experience with the new features. If there are any takers please email us at [email protected].
On a related topic, are there folks here that need to talk to their DUTs as part of their test process - or is most testing on passive devices ? I'd love to hear your feedback on what your needs are regarding controlling your DUTs when you make measurements.
Thanks
Sid
Yes, and yes.
I am swamped today, but will try to gather my thoughts over the weekend about DUT control.
The team is looking to overhaul the BenchVue scope application in the next few months. Are there any scope users here that would be interested in working with us to provide us some feedback through our development ? The level of engagement would be whatever your'e comfortable with. Ideally folks would be using the application on their PCs and giving us feedback on their experience with the new features. If there are any takers please email us at [email protected].
Are takers using Linux welcome as well?
I upgraded Benchvue today to find that I cannot use the oscilloscope app anymore without purchasing it. Now there is no way to capture scope shots on my PC over USB.
One complaint:
Does the Keysight license manager really need to show a notification (twice!) every time I plug a USB stick into my PC?
First to say it is scanning for licenses, and then again to say none were found.
How do I turn that off?
IMHO License management should not be in the users face - unless it breaks and they choose to troubleshoot it.
Hello BenchVue Team,
I bought the DMM-App a few days ago. In general I like the software. But there are some minor issues and a major one: Is there really no average/count/stdev or do I am just not able find it?
Hi vokars,
We currently display min, max, average, count in our datalogger if you switch to Table View ( go to the Data Logger tab and select the Table icon in the top right corner ) ... We don't however currently display standard deviation. I will add this to our list of future enhancements.
Can I ask you to email us your minor issues as well as any other feedback to [email protected] ( this will come directly to me ). We do plan to overhaul the DMM app and would like to hear your thoughts.
Thanks
SidHello BenchVue Team,
I bought the DMM-App a few days ago. In general I like the software. But there are some minor issues and a major one: Is there really no average/count/stdev or do I am just not able find it?
! The table view is probabely the only view I did not check
. Meanwhile I also implemented StDev in Test Flow. That is really handy. I always liked the possibility in WPF to stack widgets but I never knew a good application for that. In Test Flow this stacking makes sense.
.