Links to Important Information about the DOV702/DOV704
FirmwareFirmware V1.0.1.0.17:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6290906/#msg6290906Firmware V1.0.1.8.2:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6306016/#msg6306016AndroidInstall from unknown sources:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6282254/#msg6282254 ff.
ADB, Root:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6284872/#msg6284872 ff.
Model change:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6285774/#msg6285774 ff.
Prerequisites On the DOV:
- A terminal emulator, such as
https://f-droid.org/de/packages/com.termoneplus/ On a computer:
- Android SDK Platform-Tools
- Python 3
HardwareFan:NF-A60x15 FLX:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6287860/#msg6287860NF-A6x15 PWM:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6310028/#msg6310028Ripple:Removing the buffer:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6296726/#msg6296726SL75 mod.:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/voltcraft-dov-series/msg6305216/#msg6305216 ff.
To be continued...??
External LinksConrad
Documents & Downloads Owon
Documents & Downloadsmikrocontroller.netOriginal first post for reference--------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know what this is or who manufactures it? (Owon, Uni-T, Rigol...).
The specs don't sound too bad:
12-bit high resolution ADC
Real-time sampling acquisition 50,000 wfms/s, Segment acquisition 700,000 wfms/s
Sampling rate: Single channel (1.25 GSa/s), Dual channel (625 MSa/s or 1.25 GSa/s), Full channel (625 MSa/s)
17.78 cm (7 inch) multi-touch capacitive screen, supports gesture control
Channel memory depth: 50MP
https://www.conrad.com/en/p/voltcraft-dov704-digital-70-mhz-4-channel-1-25-gs-s-50-mp-12-bit-digital-storage-dso-1-pc-s-3350782.html
I would go for the similar siglent DSD804X HD to get 2 GSa/s and 500,000 waveforms/s for just a little bit more?
Thank you, but that was not my question.

Besides, it's not that simple.
The Voltcraft has a slightly better sampling rate in 4-Ch mode (4x625 MSa/s vs 4x500 MSa/s for the Siglent) and Dual Channel mode (2x1.25 GSa/s vs 2x1GSa/s).
Owon ADS800A or ADS900A.
Yes. But why does it look very similar to Rigol DHO800 series? +/- same case molding with minor differences between Rigol and VoltCraft/Owon. It could be
copy inspired design or same designer as Rigol.
Owon ADS800A or ADS900A.
Yes, these look similar.

But the sampling rates don't quite fit.
I would go for the similar siglent DSD804X HD to get 2 GSa/s and 500,000 waveforms/s for just a little bit more?
Thank you, but that was not my question. 
Besides, it's not that simple.
The Voltcraft has a slightly better sampling rate in 4-Ch mode (4x625 MSa/s vs 4x500 MSa/s for the Siglent) and Dual Channel mode (2x1.25 GSa/s vs 2x1GSa/s).
it looks that it is Owon ADS800A series
regarding parameters given by manufacturer I would strongly recommend to read carefully the description:
"All digital DOV oscilloscopes from VOLTCRAFT operate at a maximum sampling rate of 1.25 GSa/s. The
real-time recording is 50,000 WFM/s and the segment recording is 700,000 WFM/s"
from that Conrad scope page
Siglent is on similar price level but faster real time wfm/s so you will see more often that erratic signal occurence straight on screen not just diggin into memory...
Owon was never excelling in wfs/s rates (especially when you turn on a bit of things) and only interesing scope from current offer for me was
https://www.owontechnology.eu/product/1312929/owon-xds3104ae-100mhz-4-channel-1gs-s-oscilloscopeand his 200MHz variant (with a bit more wfm/s) but they are more expensive (thou I think that 3104ae is worth adding money to it if you wanna Owon - I used it a bit at friends company and it is non brainer reasonably simple to use scope which surprisingly works very nice and 14 bit seems to do some job.
but Siglent offers more in capabilities of math and other details so all depends what you need it for
low models have "flashy specs" but reality later is a bit bitter usually and that price level on Conrad is not something special to say
I would go for the similar siglent DSD804X HD to get 2 GSa/s and 500,000 waveforms/s for just a little bit more?
Thank you, but that was not my question. 
Besides, it's not that simple.
The Voltcraft has a slightly better sampling rate in 4-Ch mode (4x625 MSa/s vs 4x500 MSa/s for the Siglent) and Dual Channel mode (2x1.25 GSa/s vs 2x1GSa/s).
4x625MHz=2.5GHz? Not sure about your math, or perhaps about Voltcraft missing the opportunity to provide us with some hype. Even if true, anyway I would feel much more comfortable putting my money into the Siglent. I would say, it's a much more tested device, from a much more reputable brand. For me, it would really be that simple. But, of course, those that don't explore, don't find any treasures.
BTW, congratulations for that Hameg you got. These are nice scopes IMHO.
regarding parameters given by manufacturer I would strongly recommend to read carefully the description:
"All digital DOV oscilloscopes from VOLTCRAFT operate at a maximum sampling rate of 1.25 GSa/s. The real-time recording is 50,000 WFM/s and the segment recording is 700,000 WFM/s"
Yes, I have noticed that.
But Rigol DHO800 has even less (30,000 wfms/s) if I read that correctly.
4x625MHz=2.5GHz? Not sure about your math,
I guess it's 1.25GSa/s for Ch1+2 and the same for Ch3+4.
So if you use Ch1+3 you get 1.25GSa/s for each.
But maybe the information is wrong.

BTW, congratulations for that Hameg you got. These are nice scopes IMHO.
Thanks!
regarding parameters given by manufacturer I would strongly recommend to read carefully the description:
"All digital DOV oscilloscopes from VOLTCRAFT operate at a maximum sampling rate of 1.25 GSa/s. The real-time recording is 50,000 WFM/s and the segment recording is 700,000 WFM/s"
Yes, I have noticed that.
But Rigol DHO800 has even less (30,000 wfms/s) if I read that correctly.
From Rigol I have old 1054Z and it has same specs so I dunno what they actually thought not improving the basic parameter only adding 12 bits processing - rest of the World moved on - plus firmware on new models is not as good as it could be with lil more effort and testing before the release :/
Such wfm/s was good (nice actually) back then when I got my 1054Z but nowadays if you wanna spend money and this is the scope you will use for next few years it is worth considering what are your real needs and what they will be in not distant future and if adding a bit more is an option or not.
Oscilloscope for few hundred to +/-1500 euro will be your everyday workhorse and perhaps in future you will need something more advanced as second one (or that first good purchase will suit you for like next decade or longer - just spend time and choose wisely).
Thanks!
By the way, just to avoid any misunderstandings, I'm not looking for a new scope.
I was just looking for something else on the Conrad website today and then stumbled across these scopes.
I just thought: Huh? What is that?
That's all.
Voltcraft rebrands usually cheap things or not very pricey - but from time to time they have something not bad like Metex made DMMs - nayway I purchase there usually when they have good discount offer or so
I wonder if the knobs on the Voltcraft aren't a little too big, making the space between them a bit tight for your fingers.
The Owon looks a bit more spacious in that regard.
LOL, actually, that could be a problem with my clumsy fingers...
The voltcraft looks like a tool, and the owon looks like a toy. Funny that they're the same thing.
The voltcraft looks like a tool, and the owon looks like a toy. Funny that they're the same thing. 
You could say that.
When viewed from the side, you can see the ridges on the buttons.
It almost looks high-quality, but it’s probably just cheap plastic.
Plastic is a fine choice. Nothing wrong with being insulated from the scope.
impressive price for DIY work, even more if these are upgradable with some hack ...
That can almost certainly be hacked.
If my assumptions are correct and the Voltcraft/Owon is essentially a Rigol DHO900, then the price of the Voltcraft scopes is nothing short of insane.
The DHO800/900 series has its “inherent” drawbacks, because it’s from Rigol.
But basically, these are good 12-bit systems for the price (DHO800).
If you can get one for €180 (Voelkner) right now, that’s a real bargain.
According to the tracking information, my Voltcraft Scope is supposed to arrive as early as next Monday.
As you can imagine, I’m not going to rely on the 3-year warranty....

dho900 series specs seems differents to me...
1 x 1.25 GSa/s, 2x 625MSa/s, 4x 312MSa/s,
Compared to Volcraft, 2 x 1.25 GSa/s, 4x 625MSa/s
double Asics chips here ?
If my assumptions are correct and the Voltcraft/Owon is essentially a Rigol DHO900, ...
I don't see many similarities there.
The VC DOV704 / OWON ADS804A has a better sampling rate in multichannel mode and greater memory depth (50 M) than the Rigol DHO804.
The UI looks different, too, as does the PCB, at least at a glance.
What makes you come to that conclusion?
According to the tracking information, my Voltcraft Scope is supposed to arrive as early as next Monday.