Author Topic: Opinions on the UNI-T UTD1025 / 1050 CL/DL series handheld Scopemeters ?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline RomanoCyTopic starter

Hi,
Just trying my luck, perhaps I will find in here anyone that got any of the UNI-T UTD 1025CL, 1025DL, 1050CL, 1050DL. Christmas is close and I want to ask Santa to put a new gadget under the 🌲.
I already searched the board and the net for a decent review, but except for a 8 minutes Youtube video that is not that much of a review, I had no luck.
With my best regards from Cyprus,
Sorin

Offline hgjdwx

• Regular Contributor
Re: Opinions on the UNI-T UTD1025 / 1050 CL/DL series handheld Scopemeters ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 07:29:27 am »
I'm sorry, I can't comment in depth, because I don't have this device, I just learned from its manual that it can't perform  auto range on signals that have a dc component, it can only use channel ac coupling

Offline RomanoCyTopic starter

Re: Opinions on the UNI-T UTD1025 / 1050 CL/DL series handheld Scopemeters ?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 06:15:04 pm »
Thanks, that is quite disappointing. The voice of common sense  from inside me keep shouting that for that money I can get a quite decent desktop oscilloscope, but I already got one. I guess I will listen to my common sense and your advise and I will pass this one.

Offline VSV_electron

• Regular Contributor
I'm sorry, I can't comment in depth, because I don't have this device, I just learned from its manual that it can't perform  auto range on signals that have a dc component, it can only use channel ac coupling

I see the OP immediately discarded his idea of considering one of the UNI-T UTD1025 / 1050 CL/DL series scopes after reading in the above response that those devices "...can't perform auto range on signals that have a dc component, it can only use channel ac coupling".

Since I'm not well familiar with the DSO features (and possibly traditional analog scopes if that warning aplies to them as well) I wonder how critical the lack of the 'auto range on signals that have a dc component' is when it is found in the simple handheld devices like the UNI-T UTD1025 / 1050 CL/DL series.

For instance, are recent portable models from Hantek/Owon/Jinhan all well equipped with the 'auto range on signals that have a dc component' ?

Offline VSV_electron

• Regular Contributor
Now, I don't find myself in a position to object to the more experienced and expert commenter above but I found the following information in the 1000L series manual which can be viewed here:
http://unitrend.oss-cn-hongkong.aliyuncs.com/upload/file/20210530/UTD1000L%20Series%20User%20Manual%20REV1.pdf

On page 30 (document numbering) there is the following info:
"4.25 Autoset for Signals with DC Offset
UTD1000L Series is designed with powerful autoset function that makes it possible to perform fast and accurate measurement in DC–coupled mode for signals with any DC component."

Not sure if that is in any contradiction with what the above responder noted.
Also there are some more additional notes on AC/DC coupling in the manual that can be relevant to that feature:

p.20:
"Under AUTOSET mode, the coupling mode of the channel is closely connected to DC autoset; When DC autset is set to off, all signals in the channel is AC-coupled. If DC autoset is on, the channel will choose the current setting as coupling mode, when the current setting is DC coupling, the signal will be DC-coupled and vice versa."

p.28:
"The screen displays both AC and DC voltages if the oscilloscope is set under DC coupling. If only the small AC signal mixed in the DC signal is expected to display, please select AC coupling mode."

... and a few more mentions of coupling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf