For version 2.5 and 2.6 what connector is intended to be used for the two big areas of the PCB?
ah, 2.5 and 2.6 were "beta" boards which happened at about the same time that my volt-nut disease went into remission. They were both designed to fit in the next larger size of TEKO case.
The two big areas on the PCB are for the large tubular ferrite chokes as used in the
cal club's px ref, but you can attach the chokes to the board instead of just stuffing them into the case.
If I recall, 2.5 was simply the 2.4 series but with the chokes on-board, and also a couple of footprints for larger 1uF red box wima caps on input and output. I don't think I ever got around to populating one.
2.6 was an experimental board I made after getting my hands on some OHMTEK 132077 hermetic multi-resistor chips, which I probably found on taobao, and thought "I should build an LTZ around this". I seem to recall it didn't work correctly, but I never got around to debugging it.
I've attached a photo from 2018.
edit: recalling a bit more of this now: the jumpers on 2.6 (at least in theory) allowed you to make many combinations of R4 and R5, thus dialing in different temperature set points. I wrote a little
script back then to spit out all of the combinations, which I just threw into a
gist.
I doubt anyone could get their hands on any OHMTEK 132077 chips today, so that's a bit of a dead end.