Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

FYI Xgecu TL866II and T48 can't program FM16W08 FRAM chips

<< < (3/4) > >>

mattaw:

--- Quote from: Qw3rtzuiop on December 09, 2022, 04:42:46 pm ---I programmed a FM16W08 on a T56 without any problems.

--- End quote ---

FYI I have tested a new T56 (without AC adapter in case that matters) with the latest Xgecu software and it failed to program the FM16W08 with the same symptoms as the T48. Do you happen to have the date or version numbers of the software by any chance so I can try to reproduce it? Did you use an external PSU perhaps?

[The T56 self-tested fine, same adapter etc. transferred directly from the Dataman 40Pro.]

Qw3rtzuiop:

--- Quote from: mattaw on January 04, 2023, 03:32:06 pm ---Do you happen to have the date or version numbers of the software by any chance so I can try to reproduce it? Did you use an external PSU perhaps?

--- End quote ---

No external psu was used. The software version was probably 11.10. But i think you cant downgrade the firmware on the device itself.

mattaw:
I have not found a way to downgrade the firmware, and I don't want to risk blanking the micro or similar onboard. Also I guess upgrades could be to the FPGA too, which I am guessing the micro programs either flash or on every boot. Its a really complex device at an awesome price IMHO.

Last thought, was it the newer FM16W08 or the older FM1608? They were pin compatible however the W version needs an extra 10ms on power-up, which would cover a large percentage of the programming time on the Xgecu. I am guessing that there is a charge pump/internal cap that is being charged to supply the power for reading/writing at the lower voltages.

Fractal:
Any update on this?

I just got me a T48 and am facing the same issue; reads off the DS1225Y fine, but won't write on the FM16W08

Rax:
I've just ran into this thread, and would appreciate an update. Is this still an issue? Or maybe there's a firmware update addressing it?

I am currently having adapter boards made to use FM16W08 chips instead of DS1220. I also do have a XGecu T48 programmer. Can this write BIN files ripped from a DS1220Y onto an FM16W08 fitted on an adapter board?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version