Author Topic: Help to "Hakk" the Hakko FX-951, it don't have pre-set temperatures  (Read 877 times)

Offline jovan_kineasTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello, I recently bought a hakko FX-951 and it is a very good station but to my surprise it does not include in its menu any way to set temperatures in memory as it did in my old FX888D, I have asked the hakko technical service to confirm it and the answer was simply "we are sorry but this function is not included in FX-951". I have obtained the writable integrated circuit model where the programming code of the PCB is located. So I wanted to ask if anyone has a way to modify the code found in the integrated R5F2127 for "Hakk" the hakko and be able to add this function to this fantastic station, does anyone with programming knowledge want to collaborate with me? I would provide the FX888D and FX-951 rom or .bin for you to make a custom rom. I attachment a picture of the FX-951 PCB. Thank you.

Postscript: Excuse my bad English.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Its not going to be possible without a very large amount of effort.
How are you going to provide the .bin file, have you read it out already?

Easier option would be to get a T12 clone station, load custom firmware onto it (found on this forum), and use the knob to switch between presets or add some buttons to act as presets.
Or find a T12 clone with built in presets.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Contributor
Hi, thanks for your replay, I would extract the .bin by extracting the ic and putting it in the programmer of each of the stations, if it is not possible because it is encrypted or protected, that is another matter, there is no worse attempt than the one that is not done, but first I need to know if someone who program help me with that.  :-//

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Hi, thanks for your replay, I would extract the .bin by extracting the ic and putting it in the programmer of each of the stations, if it is not possible because it is encrypted or protected, that is another matter, there is no worse attempt than the one that is not done, but first I need to know if someone who program help me with that.  :-//

99% chance the IC will be protected, so you will not easily be able to read out the firmware.
Which Renesas programmer do you have?

• Contributor
Hi, i need to see if the TL866 2 Plus have this ic in the database, this is my only chance   :-//

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Hi, i need to see if the TL866 2 Plus have this ic in the database, this is my only chance   :-//

Nope, atmega and PIC it looks like is it:

http://www.autoelectric.cn/MiniPro/TL866II_List.txt

• Contributor
Hi, you are right, sadly, TL866 2 Plus have not support for R5F2127, i need other programmer for that.  :(  Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf