Author Topic: JLCPCB scam  (Read 53014 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline phil from seattle

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1262
  • Country: us
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2025, 06:32:54 pm »
I've seen differences between Chinese HCMOS device and mainstream ones, though in all cases so far,  these differences have been documented in their datasheets - I just didn't think to read them as they are "standard" parts"
I use 74HC595's a lot, and have found that Chinese ones often have a signififcantly lower max clock speed spec. ( 10MHz)
There was also one case, they called it a 7HC595A, where functionality was different - open-drain outputs and no enable pin function. Found that one the hard way - had to rework about 1000 of them, fortunately they were SOIC and not SSOP.

Which manufacturer?  I use a lot of HCT595As and AHCT595s.  I mostly use TI and Nexperia parts but it would be good to know. 

A suggestion when thinking of using Chinese versions of jellybean parts, do a small run (2 or 5 boards) and do a deep dive test on them.  You might also be able to buy the exact parts from LCSC and do qualification testing on them. I've come to the conclusion that the effort doesn't yield enough payback to spend a lot of time on it.  A few cents a board just doesn't move the meter. A lot better ROI on making sure the harmonized code is correct, sadly.
[edit] I am NOT saying don't do qualification testing. Just don't go chasing a slightly cheaper Chinese part. Stick with quality components that know will work.[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2025, 06:39:28 pm by phil from seattle »
 

Online mikeselectricstuff

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 14780
  • Country: gb
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2025, 08:18:59 pm »
I don't recall offhand but they were probably the cheapest Chinese brand ones.
Just be sure to check the datasheets
595's from name-brands are cheap enough that unless you're using a lot, it's not worth going cheap
« Last Edit: December 31, 2025, 10:54:15 pm by mikeselectricstuff »
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs
 

Online aeg

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 460
  • Country: us
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2026, 11:27:38 pm »
I've seen differences between Chinese HCMOS device and mainstream ones, though in all cases so far,  these differences have been documented in their datasheets - I just didn't think to read them as they are "standard" parts"
I use 74HC595's a lot, and have found that Chinese ones often have a signififcantly lower max clock speed spec. ( 10MHz)
There was also one case, they called it a 7HC595A, where functionality was different - open-drain outputs and no enable pin function. Found that one the hard way - had to rework about 1000 of them, fortunately they were SOIC and not SSOP.

Which manufacturer?  I use a lot of HCT595As and AHCT595s.  I mostly use TI and Nexperia parts but it would be good to know. 

mikeselectricstuff previously posted the full dope: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/when-is-a-74hc595-not-a-74hc595/

It's Shenzen Fine Mad Electronics (FM) 74HC595A (not 7HC595A). To add to the fun, the datasheet is accurate, but it's only available in Chinese.
 

Offline ryanleo

  • Newbie
  • !
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: cn
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #253 on: January 04, 2026, 01:52:07 pm »
I'm from China. I've had several clients working with us. When I asked them why, they told me their accounts were blocked.

Getting the remaining money and the project back is the only way to minimize losses.
 
The following users thanked this post: thm_w, exe

Offline azizth

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: tn
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2026, 03:58:04 pm »
I was also blocked in January by JLCPCB Risk and Control for 'verification.' My account was confirmed as suspended a few days ago, despite several explanatory emails that went unanswered. I live in Tunisia and run an IT company; my country is not under any sanctions, and my prototypes contain no components requiring special authorization. I even checked international lists (US,  Isr**el China) to see if I was blacklisted—nothing. It’s frustrating and a major bottleneck for my work.

The worst part is that I order from AliExpress and PCBWay without any issues, so the problem is specific to JLCPCB, not the country. However, PCBWay warned me that a 'Made in...' mention on my PCB might flag me and suggested removing it. This might be the source of the problem; I'd like to verify this with you.

Otherwise, would creating a new account with a new email address fix the situation?
 
The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline thm_w

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 9818
  • Country: ca
  • Non-expert
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2026, 11:25:44 pm »
Otherwise, would creating a new account with a new email address fix the situation?

No harm in trying.
Things they could be tracking that are easy to change: IP address, file CRC, first and last name.

Quote
However, PCBWay warned me that a 'Made in...' mention on my PCB might flag me and suggested removing it. This might be the source of the problem; I'd like to verify this with you.

I assume you don't mean "made in china".
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures
 

Online Kean

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 3536
  • Country: au
    • Kean Electronics
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2026, 02:01:09 am »
I assume you don't mean "made in china".

I had assumed it is actually "Made in Tunisia" - not the place of manufacturing of the PCB, but they final assembly of the device.  Either way, not something I would recommend as a label on the PCB.

Tunisia do not have any current trade or arms sanctions in place, but they have a border with Libya which does and could be what lead to extra verification & suspension.

https://www.knowyourcountry.com/country-reports/tunisia/
https://www.knowyourcountry.com/country-reports/libya/
https://sanctionsmap.eu/

After what happened recently with other Chinese companies (e.g. Mornsun and Infiray), I am sure PCB assemblers and component suppliers are taking no chances.

Mornsun: https://www.opensanctions.org/entities/NK-3JgmRmqfTmUdXEKwWTKhku/
IRay/Infiray: https://www.opensanctions.org/entities/NK-LicTcUREfTbxkiqzCHAeqB/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2026, 02:06:17 am by Kean »
 
The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline kalobyte

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: de
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2026, 03:21:08 am »
Iam from Germany and my account was banned too. I have got it right now.
I wanted to ckeck new UE custom taxes. Now for each item on aliexpress I must pay 3.50, which makes buying from China useless.

I think by ban was because my account has email on .ru email service. I have this email since 1999, but live in Germany since 1998 and in jlcpcb my address from Germany.
And I didn't made even the first order.  :palm:
 

Online Kean

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 3536
  • Country: au
    • Kean Electronics
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2026, 04:35:54 am »
I think by ban was because my account has email on .ru email service. I have this email since 1999, but live in Germany since 1998 and in jlcpcb my address from Germany.

It isn't all that surprising that using a .ru email address would lead to a ban, even if delivery address is in Germany.  They need to be very careful about sanction compliance.

I would suggest you create a free gmail account.  You can set that to auto forward all incoming email to your day-to-day email address so that you don't need to check both mailboxes.  Then just log into gmail when you need to reply with that new address (probably rarely).
 

Offline EEVblog

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 42266
  • Country: au
    • EEVblog
Re: JLCPCB scam
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2026, 04:50:12 am »
I think by ban was because my account has email on .ru email service. I have this email since 1999, but live in Germany since 1998 and in jlcpcb my address from Germany.
It isn't all that surprising that using a .ru email address would lead to a ban, even if delivery address is in Germany.  They need to be very careful about sanction compliance.

I'm surprised he wouldn't have had other issues with a  .ru address before this.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->