Author Topic: Manufacturers with Black PCB Substrate?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Dave8266Topic starter

• Contributor
Manufacturers with Black PCB Substrate?
« on: November 08, 2021, 05:58:28 pm »
Aside from OSH Park, are there any other PCB fabricators that manufacture on an actual black PCB substrate, and not just use a black solder mask?  I'm working on a PCB that is half functional half decorative (a piece that the user interacts with), and all of the edges are on display.

We've had great results from OSH Park for our prototypes, but taking care of the mouse bites would kill us at quantity, and they don't offer fully-routed (or medium run, the prerequisite) options with After Dark orders. 

Thanks in advance!

Offline Fronberry

• Contributor
Re: Manufacturers with Black PCB Substrate?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 03:49:55 am »
Maybe PFTE/Teflon?

Offline trophosphere

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 07:34:50 pm »
I was looking around on various PCB manufacturer websites and found that PCBWay has something which may fit your specification. They have options for transparent solder mask as well as "Black FR4 (black core)" under the Additional Options section. Don't know if it is an exact match to OSHPark's offering though so may need to put in a small order first. Sadly, the Black FR4 option seems to be restricted to 2 layers only.

Offline xavier60

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 11:43:26 pm »
I would like to try transparent solder mask with standard FR4. PCBWay have the option only with their expensive Advanced PCBs.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 11:53:40 pm by xavier60 »
HP 54645A dso, Fluke 87V dmm,  Agilent U8002A psu,  FY6600 function gen,  Brymen BM857S, HAKKO FM-204, New! HAKKO FX-971.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf