Author Topic: uP9636 powerstage footprint  (Read 551 times)

Offline qoschTopic starter

uP9636 powerstage footprint
« on: November 09, 2022, 10:05:33 am »
Hey everyone,
I hope I am posting this in the right spot.
I found a very interesting part in the JLC parts library: a half bridge gate driver + integrated mosfets for 25V with 6.9mR (max) R_DS,on. So a very compact power stage for ~15A continuous current.
The only issue (apart from the part being obsolete) is the footprint. It is called WQFN4x4-26L and there are 3 drawings I could find (see attached images)
Data sheet front page (top view)
Data sheet package information (bottom view)
And a Screenshot of an EasyEDA footprint linked at the JLC page of the part.
The biggest issue for me is to guess what pads have what pitch. Some seem to have 0.517mm, others 0.45mm.
Secondly it seems the pads on the sides (7-13 and (20-26) do not seem to be centred but I can't find any measurement indicating where they are located.
Can anyone make sense of this?
Does anyone know a similar part (low voltage half bridge with integrated gate driver and power switches in a small footprint)?
Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 10:07:15 am by qosch »

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: uP9636 powerstage footprint
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 04:49:13 am »
Yes, it looks like pins 1-19 are 0.46mm BSC and pins 20-26 are 0.517mm BSC.  It does seem like the "side" pins are not centered with not suitable reference, which means you really want to get hold of some samples before going further.

As the part does seem to be in the EasyEDA library, maybe create a simple design there with that part and take measurements.  I'd still suggest getting real parts and checking measurements before committing to anything beyond a cheap test PCB.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf