Electronics > Metrology

121GW not passing calibration

(1/4) > >>

mbd16:
Hello everyone,

I have a 121GW that I sent off for calibration and the calibration team sent me the following details:

"This unit’s ACVs is spec’ed to perform up to 5 kHz. However, it would not pass calibration in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications. I was able to calibrate this unit from 5 VAC to 600 VAC at 45 Hz to 1 kHz. Please let me know if these ranges will be acceptable to your end user."

(see attached image)

I will admit, i'm not a calibration nerd or very well versed in what these values mean, and how far out of spec this is. i suspect its just barely off.

121GW is on the latest 2.05 firmware. purchased in 2021.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

Thank you!

mendip_discovery:
So they tried to do 5 kHz and the unit was outside of spec. So they did it at 1 kHz and it passed.

Not got the spec here in front of me but does it state it does 5 kHz in all those ranges?

Do you use it to measure AC voltages at >1 kHz.

mendip_discovery:
So the spec does say it does 5 kHz in a fair few if the ranges.

See attachment.

I wonder if they were unsure if adjusting would mess up the lower frequency ranges for no real gain. I will take mine into work and see what it's like at 5 kHz.

J-R:
Without seeing the failed test data, I don't think we can form a specific conclusion just yet.  Are they aware of the reduced accuracy specs of 1.5%-2% at 5kHz?

thm_w:

--- Quote from: J-R on March 07, 2023, 10:57:26 pm ---Without seeing the failed test data, I don't think we can form a specific conclusion just yet.  Are they aware of the reduced accuracy specs of 1.5%-2% at 5kHz?

--- End quote ---

In the table they show: AC 500mV 5kHz 7.51mV

Which is 1.5% (7.5mV) + 10 counts (10uV).
So I think they are calculating that correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version