Author Topic: I have a Transmille 3041A, help me review it for you  (Read 2738 times)

Offline itsbiodiversityTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have a Transmille 3041A, help me review it for you
« on: January 16, 2019, 03:20:19 am »
Many people out there would love to know first hand experience with the Transmille 3041A (especially to compare to a Fluke 5500).  I have one with me fresh from the factory and a calibrated Fluke 8846A 6.5 digit DMM with Fluke Benchview Software to record data with.  If you were looking at purchasing the Transmille (or even the Fluke 8846), what type of information / data / tests would you like performed?  If anyone would like to request any data points with certain hold times and/or repetitions please let me know and I would be glad to upload the graphs.  So far I am enjoying the Transmille calibrator very much.  Intuitive display keypad etc.  Very clear to enter and probably a little quicker to run through cal of a DMM.  I don't like the inability to go 4 wire resistance at every data point, but active resistance 2 wire you can select any value, otherwise 4 wire is limited to standard resistors.  I do have the capacitors installed in this unit, along with the RTD, prt, tc. inductance high frequency etc and power with phase shifts.  Hit me with your sequences.  I'll give data.  Then share opinions. I can upload videos or graphs whatever helps. Peace. 

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
Re: I have a Transmille 3041A, help me review it for you
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 04:13:48 am »
 :-+

Do you have two 3458A's? I'd love to see a test of 3041A for DCV linearity. I have some python scripts to run with GPIB interface to collect all data points.
This way we could take a look on linearity and see how far is it from other calibrators. Already have data from higher level calibrators, like 5700A,5720A,5730A,4808 so I'd love to see workhorse calibrators like 55xxA and 3041A too.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:59:44 pm »
I only have an 8846A, but a 3458 is on the agenda next year.  if you have any specific data points or a program to run let me know and i'd be glad to.

Offline kj7e

• Frequent Contributor
  • Damon Stewart
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 10:12:25 pm »
I only have an 8846A, but a 3458 is on the agenda next year.  if you have any specific data points or a program to run let me know and i'd be glad to.

What state and city do you live?  There may be a voltnut from here near you.

Offline seebeck

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 03:00:24 am »
Hi TiN,

Could you please share your python scripts to me, I want to run my 3458A with GPIB interface but without any python script.
Tks a lot.

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 04:19:27 am »
itsbiodiversity
Get two, so you can do cross-checks ;)

seebeck
What configuration you want to run? Current scripts require two or more 3458A and support 5700/5720/5730/5440B/4808 calibrators only.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 03:49:16 am »
I am in Southeastern Alabama near the Florida and Georgia border.  Would love to trade runs with a local voltnut, but I may be lonely in the region.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 03:42:45 am »
I actually have a keithley 2002 now.  Anything you would like me to run!?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf