Author Topic: Making a start on automating DM3058 Calibration/Alignment  (Read 150 times)

Offline bveina

Making a start on automating DM3058 Calibration/Alignment
« on: May 20, 2020, 01:22:47 am »
At one point in the past i had looked into ways to align the Rigol DM3058E multimeters. there was a hand calibration procedure that needed to be repeated by hand for each range retyping the password in each time. (typing the password 30ish times per unit was a turn off)
There was no published alignment procedure. I have been working on the problem on and off for a while and finally have something worthwhile to share.

As of tonight i can modify the calibration constants using nothing but scpi command and have them write them out to flash. Its been a fun challenge but its far from over. if people are interested my github has lots of documentation and some python scripts to interface with a calibrator/power supply and the DMM.
https://github.com/bveina/DM3058E-Calibration

metrology trigger warning: it may look like Im using a DP832 to calibrate my DMM, but im only using it to cause noticeable changes to the calibration constants. (cant take the real calibrator home for lockdown (also it wont fit on my home desk.))

Im hoping this can help some people similar to the DP832 calibration procedure that was published by TooOldForThis a while back. comments and questions are welcome.

The following users thanked this post: kado

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf