Author Topic: Nano V3 ch340 connection to cpu  (Read 2094 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline picclockTopic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 13
  • Country: gb
Nano V3 ch340 connection to cpu
« on: September 09, 2026, 02:42:35 pm »
 The Nano V3 incorporates a ch340 serial to usb convertor soldered on the reverse side of the pcb.
I am trying to find which pins the cpu uses to connect to it, and whether they are accessible via arduino IDE.

Many thx for your interest.

Best Regards

picclock
 

Offline westfw

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4657
  • Country: us
Re: Nano V3 ch340 connection to cpu
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2026, 03:45:36 pm »
Bits D0 (30) (AVR RXD) and D1 (31) (TXD) are accessible as Arduino pins 0 and 1, and of course by Serial.xxx()
Also, there's a cap between DTR and the AVR RESET, and that's normally NOT usable.
 

Offline picclockTopic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 13
  • Country: gb
Re: Nano V3 ch340 connection to cpu
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2026, 10:27:09 am »
@ westfw

I cannot find any connection between pins 2-3 on the ch340, and the 328p.

I suppose my real question is more subtle than the one I asked. I want to use two interrupt routines but I don't want it to screw up the usb connection.

So I really need a way to test if usb communication is busy, and disable it if not, or wait until it becomes not busy.

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Best Regards

picclock
 

Offline DLJ

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 35
  • Country: gb
Re: Nano V3 ch340 connection to cpu
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2026, 11:19:15 am »
They say "A picture is worth a thousand words" so here is a picture showing the connections between the 328P and the CH340.
Good luck.
 

Offline picclockTopic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 13
  • Country: gb
Re: Nano V3 ch340 connection to cpu
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2026, 11:44:50 am »
@ DLJ
Thank you very much.

Best Regards

picclock
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->