Author Topic: Suggestion: Are Chinese components to be trusted?  (Read 981 times)

Offline SReifelTopic starter

Suggestion: Are Chinese components to be trusted?
« on: October 07, 2022, 07:46:06 pm »
Hi Dave.  Thanks again for all the videos!!!

I frequently design PCBs that use SMT components from LCSC.  Initially I tried picking parts from manufactures that I know, however with low inventories that has gotten really hard.  Plus the Chinese components are tantalizing cheap!  I would love to see a video discussing if any of these brands can trusted, and which ones I might want to avoid.  I'm particularly interested in capacitors, mostly electrolytic and ceramic.  Are the electrolytics going to last, do the ceramics have a decent ESR?  Mostly at LCSC, I'm looking for reliable parts with good inventories, but which to choose?  Does anybody know?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Suggestion: Are Chinese components to be trusted?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 08:59:04 pm »
I think the caps is a bit hard to test, you can test the basics: ESR, capacitance, etc. Ceramic ESR is already very low, what concern do you have there?
But any sort of lifespan testing is very difficult, 2000hrs at 105C, who will do that.

Its a good idea though. The FETs could be tested as well for RDSon, voltage maximum, etc.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf