Author Topic: Topics For EEVblog  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Strube09Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Topics For EEVblog
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:26:17 am »
Feedback and compensation loops/network w/ opamps and how they are used in switching circuits (Like power supplies). Time of compensation (type 1, 2 and 3).

Proper times to use a Microcontroller vs. a FPGA. Advantages/disadvantages and primary differences.

C vs C++ in microcontroller design.

PCB layout tools, compare and contrast. Best for beginners and advanced.... best bang for your buck.

Capture and sim tools review and opinion.

Book reviews... so many books in the electronics world... Books regarding programming, power supply design, layout, etc... good ones you have and read?

How you tackle writing a program... steps taken, flow charts, pseudo code?

Plenty of more ideas... just a few for now :)

Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:37:36 pm by Strube09 »

Offline MTron

• Regular Contributor
  • General hobbyist - modding, electronics, audio
Re: Topics For EEVblog
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:38:09 am »
Given the interest on power supply design (i know there is that thread on converting an ATX supply into a lab/bench psu) and my own small project building a powersupply from an old stereo-amplifier, and other peoples interest, i would love to see a video on PSU design like Strube09 suggested
Your friendly neighborhood.....Dental Student
 - Latest Project - SIPP EL84 Tube Amp
 - Computer building/modding, IT, and DIY electronics!

Offline desolatordan

• Regular Contributor
Re: Topics For EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:42:54 am »
Proper times to use a Microcontroller vs. a FPGA. Advantages/disadvantages and primary differences.
Throw CPLD and PAL into that comparison as well. What's best for energy consumption, speed, etc...

I'd also like to see something about electronics in extreme environments (outer space, humid/wet, hot or cold extremes)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf