Author Topic: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)  (Read 132802 times)

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
Re: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2020, 01:49:10 pm »
Good question I've reported a few lately. Mads runs highvoltageforum, so one wonders if the problem there is un-contained?

Offline madsbarnkobTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2020, 08:07:23 pm »
This thread always seems to pop up as target for spammers, I wonder why?  :-//

Interesting  :-// we did talk in pm about a certain user making trouble before, with all kinds of bs reporting and anti-spam threats, any coincidences there?

Good question I've reported a few lately. Mads runs highvoltageforum, so one wonders if the problem there is un-contained?

I got very little problems with spammers on www.highvoltageforum.net it has only been the usual Russian IP accounts that has been effectively stopped with bans, came from a few single sources, so was easy to get that sorted.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2020, 08:13:30 pm »
First of the Christmas season videos with Tesla coil :)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
1 channel MIDI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2020, 01:28:39 pm »
Second of the Christmas season videos with Tesla coil :)

Jingle Bell Rock
1 channel MIDI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2020, 11:20:34 am »
Third of the Christmas season videos with Tesla coil :)

Jingle Bells
1 channel MIDI

• Frequent Contributor
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2020, 12:05:46 pm »
Carol of the Bells! The 4th and final seasonal greetings from High Voltage Forum and Kaizer Power Electronics! May the lightning be with you and your IGBTs be unexploded!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2020, 11:56:54 am »
My 2021 New Year resolution is to do annual battery checks on all my battery powered instruments. I found batteries as old as 13 years over expiration date that had also started to leak, but much less defective batteries than expected.

Thank you for following Kaizer Power Electroncis in 2020. See'ya next year!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2021, 07:33:11 pm »
I recorded some fireworks in 1280x720 @ 1000 FPS on new years eve, here is first a mix of different shots for both ground and air view of a fireworks cake / barrage / battery.

All full length slow motion clips is available at my Slow Motion Videos channel.
Ground cake barrage shot in full length:

Section 1 of air bomb flower explosions:

Section 2 of air bomb flower explosions:

Section 3 of air bomb flower explosions:

Section 4 of air bomb flower explosions:

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2021, 04:32:54 pm »
2000 kg (4395 lb) would be the weight of the AC motor that this 630 A / 440 kW contactor can turn on and off. This also explains the shear size of this contactor, a almost solid piece of metals, copper coil, iron core, copper terminals, platinum contact points and aluminium enclosure.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2021, 06:28:34 pm »
Building large flight cases and transport boxes is easy and much cheaper than buying them. Hinges, locks, fittings and aluminum rails is readily available at almost all audio / light retailers of equipment for disco, clubs and festivals. I share the tips on how to construct it in a simple way and make sure you get parallel edges that looks good when the boxes are locked together. With so many different rails, hinges and locking mechanisms it is easy to make a mistake and mount something off-center or with distances that does not take aluminum rail thickness into account. The stencil template, I show how I made in another video How To Make a Stencil For Spray Paint With Cheap Hand Tools

In this video I show you how I built 3 boxes in total at a cost of around 300$, two very large flight cases for my secondary coil and topload. The third box is a cable and equipment box that is just made from the leftover plywood from the two large cases.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2021, 09:34:07 am »
I am building a Tesla coil show controller that can control up to 6 Tesla coils at once. It will feature individual interrupters, touch screen controlled MIDI interrupter, safety features to ensure a safe method of working with the Tesla coils before a show, under a show and after a show. It will all be housed in a transportable 19" rack mount flight case for ease of transportation and to protect the electronics.

The 6 channel MIDI interrupter is the feature rich Syntherrupter made by Max as he shares all the plans, documentation, code and schematics.

The users and readers that know about my Tesla coils will know that I "only" have a small Tesla coil, a medium Tesla coil and a large Tesla coil. So how does this correspond with building a show controller that can take up to 6 coils at once? Well, I just have to build some more Tesla coils :)

Due to time constraints due to things like life, work, education and more or less sleep, this project is split into some smaller phases.

Part 1 - The parts
Part 2 - Programming Syntherrupter
Part 3 - 6 outputs build
Part 4 - Syntherrupter and MIDI
Part 5 - Interrupters
Part 6 - Power supply and safety

Part 1 - The parts
I bought 19" transportation rack, panels, power bar and some other parts for the previously released video about flight case construction. I bought it from the German company Adam Hall that is a supplier to many smaller retailing companies of disco, event and show business equipment like audio, light and transportation gear.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2021, 09:31:26 am »
In this video we go through features, firmware, programming and test of the Tiva development board and Nextion display. The 6 channel MIDI interrupter is the feature rich Syntherrupter made by Max Zuidberg. He shares all the plans, documentation, code and schematics on: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=1020.0

I am building a Tesla coil show controller that can control up to 6 Tesla coils at once. It will feature individual interrupters, touch screen controlled MIDI interrupter, safety features to ensure a safe method of working with the Tesla coils before a show, under a show and after a show. It will all be housed in a transportable 19" rack mount flight case for ease of transportation and to protect the electronics. Project thread: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=1417.0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stock cooler for my i7-4970K CPU fell off due to a broken plastic holder, I am not sure when it happened, but my PC had been really slow for a couple of weeks and I was contemplating an upgrade as this PC is from 2009!

I think I have upgraded the graphics card, added more RAM and a SSD since it was first built. So as today it still sports a 4GHz i7-4970K, 16 GB RAM, MSI Z97 motherboard and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. 250GB SSD boot drive, 1TB backup and 2TB storage. Corsair RM550 Watt PSU. All installed in a nice sound-reducing Antec cabinet as well as the TB drives are installed in noise reducing blue drive bays seen at top.

Please do leave suggestions for a new PC build :) Good performance on a budget!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2021, 06:08:51 am »
In this video we go through building a 6 optical output panel with switches for selecting different interrupters, indication LEDs and dry test speakers. All schematics for the circuits and PCB layouts are available at the project thread: Project thread: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=1417.0

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2021, 08:55:35 am »
The "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" is a dance for a ballerina. It is the third movement in The Nutcracker pas de deux. This pas de deux is from Act 2 of the 1892 ballet The Nutcracker. It is danced by the principal female dancer. The number was choreographed by Lev Ivanov to music written by Tchaikovsky

MIDI/Music interrupters you can build yourself:
4 channel polyphonic MIDI Tesla Coil interrupter
(Used in this video)
1 channel compact/simple USB MIDI Tesla Coil interrupter
1 channel analog audio Tesla Coil interrupter</p>

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2021, 09:11:09 am »
I built a handheld 150 Watt induction heater, but it failed and caught on fire!

I thought I would be able to get "some" run-time on 6x 18650 batteries, but apparently not :)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2021, 08:42:12 pm »
I got hold of two electrical panels with a bad wiring job, worst documentation and completely out of code (racing fast for illegal).

The did however turn out to contain a gem of lost times. A "Speed Commander", which is a Danish designed and produced 4 kW motor drive with a very simplistic interface consisting of only 16 settings. The manufacturer still exists ( https://speed-tech.dk/ ) but does not seem like they are selling motor drives anymore, there is a only a trace after it in the manuals section with refences to a V4 and V5. This is most likely the version 4.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2021, 07:11:43 pm »
I got hold of a large Merlin Gerin Masterpact M16N1 circuit breaker, from 1997, from a low voltage distribution drawout system. In the video you get a inspection of the various parts of the breaker and I have some fun making it work and test it!

This is a Merlin Gerin Masterpact M16N1 Circuit Breaker rated at 1600A/690VAC (Roughly 1.9MW 3-phase energy!) I do a short inspection of the different parts of the breaker and make attempts to operate it outside of its normal environment. For all schematics, pictures and how I got it to work, can be found described in details in the discussion thread: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.ph...

The Masterpact M series circuit breaker is used to protect and control low voltage distribution systems. It can be installed in main LV switchboards (incoming units, main and secondary outgoers).
Nominal current: 800 to 6300A AC
Breaking capacity from 40 to 150 kA rms
Voltage rating: up to 690 V
Versions: 3 and 4-pole. Fixed or drawout.

--------------------------------------------------

This is the circuit breaker filmed at 4000 frames per second!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2021, 08:44:57 am »
Some more high speed video recordings and this time with some high current flowing!

Merlin Gerin C10A MCB vs. Merlin Gerin Masterpact 1600A to withstand a 50kA discharge from my 4kJ capacitor bank: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/pulse-power/4000-joule-capacitor-bank/

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2021, 05:02:44 pm »
"Avast Your Ass" is a techno song created by Renard Queenston and released under his Kitsune^2 alias on the aliases album "Squaredance".

• Frequent Contributor
This is a teardown of a Thermo Scientific Dionex TCC-3000SD Standard Thermostatted Column which has a temperature range from 5° to 80°C. It is used in liquid chromatography to supply 5° to 80°C ±0.5°C at a stability of ±0.1°C

• Frequent Contributor
Part 1: Teardown of a Fujifilm FCR XG-1 x-ray image scanner / digitizer. Also known as Computerized Radiography (CR), it fulfills the job of scanning a x-ray exposed image plate with a laser beam and extract each pixel illumination with a photo multiplier tube setup. It can scan 72 plate per hour with a maximum resolution of 7080 X 9480 in 12 bits per pixel gray scale.

• Frequent Contributor

Part 2: Teardown of the laser scanner module from a Fujifilm FCR XG-1 x-ray image scanner / digitizer. Also known as Computerized Radiography (CR), it fulfills the job of scanning a x-ray exposed image plate with a laser beam and extract each pixel illumination with a photo multiplier tube setup. It can scan 72 plate per hour with a maximum resolution of 7080 X 9480 in 12 bits per pixel gray scale.

Pictures and long description: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/teardown/fujifilm-fcr-xg-1-x-ray-laser-module-teardown-part-2-of-3/
Discussion of the teardown: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=1584.0

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2021, 09:07:52 pm »
Example - Changed the Way You Kiss Me, on a Musical Tesla Coil

• Frequent Contributor
Reverse engineering of the Fujifilm PMT12A PMT module that contains the photomultiplier tube, high voltage power supply and analog amplifier from a Fujifilm FCR XG-1 x-ray image scanner / digitizer.

Also known as Computerized Radiography (CR), it fulfills the job of scanning a x-ray exposed image plate with a laser beam and extract each pixel illumination with a photo multiplier tube setup. It can scan 72 plate per hour with a maximum resolution of 7080 X 9480 in 12 bits per pixel gray scale.

Pictures and long description: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/high-voltage/fujifilm-photomultiplier-tube/
Discussion of reverse engineering: https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=1618.0

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2021, 06:38:03 pm »
A pulse discharge with a peak current of 50,000 Ampere is send through a Nokia 6230 mobile phone. A mobile phone from the era of indestructible handsets, a piece of electronics that would never let you down and yet here it is to die in a fiery explosion of hot-as-the-sun plasma discharge!

The high voltage pulse capacitor bank, charger and trigger mechanism can be found with pictures, more videos and schematics here: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/pulse-power/4000-joule-capacitor-bank/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf