Author Topic: Starting new blog; high-speed design and advanced device driver consulting.  (Read 2392 times)

Offline John_ITICTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • ITIC Protocol Analyzers
    • International Test Instruments Corporation
Published on Oct 21, 2015

In this this one-hour video I walk you through some of the projects I have done in the past and what is on my book shelves. Specifically, lots of information regarding FPGA Digital Design, high-speed board design, device driver and software development is given. Further information regarding my USB and PCI Express protocol analyzer designs are briefly explained in my lab presentation. A brief presentation of lab equipment is given.

This is the first of many videos explaining practical concepts surrounding high-speed board design, FPGA digital design as well as software engineering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I currently accept new consulting projects. To contact me, please email John@SummitSoftConsulting.com or visit http://www.SummitSoftConsulting.com and send me a message.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:45:28 pm by John_ITIC »
Pocket-Sized USB 2.0 LS/FS/HS Protocol Analyzer Model 1480A with OTG decoding.
Pocket-sized PCI Express 1.1 Protocol Analyzer Model 2500A. 2.5 Gbps with x1, x2 and x4 lane widths.
https://www.internationaltestinstruments.com

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
a bookworm? proud to be the 1st to give a :-+
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline lapm

• Frequent Contributor
Great Scot, someone that has more computer books then i do...  :-+

Edit after watching more video: Very nice lab you have... Looks very professional i think
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:37:47 pm by lapm »
Electronics, Linux, Programming, Science... im interested all of it...

Offline John_ITICTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • ITIC Protocol Analyzers
    • International Test Instruments Corporation
Yes, I tend to go all out when I do things  ;D

I'm currently working on a new video series on PCI Express and the PC architecture. The first video will likely be covering the PCI bus since it directly lends its architecture to PCI Express. As you might know, PCI Express is largely backwards-compatible as far as device drivers are concerned since the configuration space and programming work identically (as long as one doesn't explicitly use the PCIe extensions). PCIe is also very interesting from an electrical perspective since uses a 2.5 Gbps 8b/10b link that requires some knowledge of signal integrity etc to make work properly.

Other video series planned are PCI and PCIe endpoint implementation in CPLD and FPGA platforms, how to use PCI and PCIe protocol analyzers, how to implement Windows and embedded device drivers for PCI/PCIe etc. There are gobs of material to use for educational videos since these technologies are very complex on both the theoretical as well as practical levels.
Pocket-Sized USB 2.0 LS/FS/HS Protocol Analyzer Model 1480A with OTG decoding.
Pocket-sized PCI Express 1.1 Protocol Analyzer Model 2500A. 2.5 Gbps with x1, x2 and x4 lane widths.
https://www.internationaltestinstruments.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf