Here's the thing:
This week I found a nice big power supply using four 2N3055s. The circuit boards didn't have much interesting stuff, but I did grab the transistors. Then while searching information about them I saw they apparently used to be among the top-notch transistors for audio amplifiers in the 60s!
A few days later I was examining the frame of an old Toshiba projection TV to see if the boards were worth salvaging, then I noticed the 15W speakers. They're not exactly big in terms of physical size, but I'm fairly sure they could provide more powerful bass for my Yamaha NP-31 electronic piano, which has a pair of 6W speakers. They sound just fine, but the bass sounds a little weak. Hence this project LOL.
Since connecting anything on my piano's audio output automatically disables internal speakers, I'm going to need an amplifier circuit for another pair of speakers covering full-range. As for the drivers themselves, I already have a pair of 80s Diatones that sound particularly good with higher frequencies.
I assume the amplifier for the full-range drivers can be built using parts that are fairly easy to find. For the bass driver(s) however, I'm pretty much stuck to the four 2N3055s I got, if I don't buy anything that is.
So, to summarize this, I'm not sure which amplifier circuit(s) I should choose among all the schematics I can find on the net. My project can take the form of multiple circuits (say one circuit per driver, thus 4 circuits), this way I can give both the bass and full-range their own on/off and volume control if necessary. It's almost a full-range amplifier with bass-boost, come to think of it LOL. That may make it suitable for other uses, eventually.
As of the power supply, I can easily find an old stereo system and salvage its power supply transformer, from which I can design my own linear supply. Not the most efficient, yes, but it won't be much hassle xD