
I always wanted to find an SRAM card for my nice old R3265 spectrum analyzer, but these things are nowhere tobe found. And since I have this thing open on the bench I thought let's hook up a logic analyzer.
I dont have a card myself, but after some digging I found this patent
https://patents.google.com/patent/US5584044A seemed quite usefull:
Japan Electronics Industry Development Association (JEIDA), for example, has recently proposed an IC Memory Guideline. In the IC Memory Guideline, Third Edition, JEIDA defines a connector having twenty pins. A memory card with an SRAM has eight terminals to input and output data over an 8-bit parallel transfer bus. The eight terminals are used not only to read and write data in the memory chip of the memory card but also to designate the addresses of the memory chip. Therefore, such a memory card has two extra terminals or state terminals for discriminating data and addresses from each other...So far I only have a la dump from the device at bootup, just to get a bit a feel for the timings. It is in the zip with a vcd file and a gtkw file for the curious.

Read write cycle times on the bus are 14 usec.
CS,WR,RD pulse times are 2 usec
Should be possible for a small 5V compatible microprocessor to emulate this probably.
For example the CH32V103, 80MHz, 20KB SRAM, 64KB CodeFlash may be able to emulate a 32k sram card.
As far as I know these cards where used in:
- Advantest R3261
- Advantest R3265/A
- Advantest R3271/A
- Advantest R3361A/AN/B
And I have found these types Avantest cards:
- A09505 32KB Memory Card
- A09506 128K Memory Card
- A09507 64KB Memory Card
- A09508 256KB Memory Card
- A09509 2M Memory Card