Author Topic: D-Link DCS-2132L Network Camera firmware  (Read 2208 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LaughwvstTopic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: fi
D-Link DCS-2132L Network Camera firmware
« on: January 31, 2022, 08:29:37 pm »
Hi!

I happened to get multiple of those little cameras in unopened boxes from my company, because they were making some space into the warehouse. The cameras have been shipped with our company specific firmware from D-link and therefore they could only be used in our proprietary video-surveillance system. This system has been taken down and now the cameras are pretty much useless, because they cannot communicate with the D-links normal software, but I am not software-guy enough to understand why exactly. I have downloaded the original firmware bin-file from D-link, put it onto a memory card and installed the firmware onto the camera. However, it still fails to show up in the D-link wizard and also I cannot connect to it directly using the IP-address, because the default password is not accepted.

Does anyony have any clues, how could I get the camera flashed to its original firmware, because the firmwares seem to be open source on D-links website. My camera is the DCS-2132L HW Revision: B1.

At least the memory cars update did not work, so is there any hope to get those up and running again? Maybe some D-link engineers here?

- Ben
 

Offline LaughwvstTopic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: fi
Re: D-Link DCS-2132L Network Camera firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 02:36:20 pm »
The camera seems to have Hi3518 IP-Cam SOC with additional DRAM and flash modules attached to it. Also a realtek wifi-module, so it really does look like only the software is the differing part to the commercially available cameras.

I really hope someone could help me with getting it running the original firmware again.
 

Offline LaughwvstTopic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: fi
Re: D-Link DCS-2132L Network Camera firmware
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 02:36:55 pm »
Other side
 

Offline LaughwvstTopic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: fi
Re: D-Link DCS-2132L Network Camera firmware
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 03:32:27 pm »
Actually, when I think about it, I am able to install the original firmware onto the camera, by putting it onto a memory card in a folder called upgrade, because after this the camera acts differently. It is now able to turn on the IR led by itself. However, I am still not able to connect to it directly with the IP address, or with the installation wizards on windows or on android.
 

Offline CJay

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4136
  • Country: gb
Re: D-Link DCS-2132L Network Camera firmware
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 10:21:53 pm »
Is there a factory reset you can perform, perhaps via one of the buttons?

Can you attach a USB-TTL serial to the UART pads/holes omn the board and see what's going on?
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->