Author Topic: Datasheet for ENI 2241-1 RF power transistor  (Read 3282 times)

Offline richard.csTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics engineer from Southampton, UK.
    • Random stuff I've built (mostly non-electronic and fairly dated).
Datasheet for ENI 2241-1 RF power transistor
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »
I guess this counts as technical stuff.... I'm just looking for basic information, Ft, breakdown voltages, max current and power.

I have a bag of nice looking RF power transistors marked ENI 2241-1, searching online there are loads of references to their NATO stock number of 5961-01-270-9051 and people trying to sell them but zero technical data. I don't suppose anyone's got any data books that might have these in, I think they're late 1980s.

I also have some other much smaller ones I'm trying to identify, they're marked 2240 with date code 907, if those are ENI 2240 (big leap!) then I have some very limited info on them here: http://ic-e.iclocator.com/semiconductor-devices-skus-E-EN918GRN_EP103.html

I shall go wash my hands now as they're definitely beryllia.  :scared:

Offline ch7

Re: Datasheet for ENI 2241-1 RF power transistor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 05:53:06 pm »
Hello,
I am new to this forum.  I have bought an old ENI amplifier.  At the input stage an RF transistor has been removed.  The type is need is ENI 2240.  Would you be willing to sell  a few of these ENI 2240 transistors to me ?

Best Regards,
ch7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 10:17:50 am »
Hi ch7,

Yes I'd be willing to sell some, I won't be able to dig them out until next weekend at the earliest but from memory there were a reasonable number loose in a polythene bag (not ideal I know but it's how they arrived). I don't know the history of these parts although they looked like new, if you have any specific tests you want done then I can have a go. PM me to discuss.

I still haven't found any datasheets for these, if you have the schematics for this amplifier it would be interesting to see how they have been used, it might help me deduce some of their parameters.

Offline anstos

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 10:38:46 pm »
I am also interested in a couple of the ENI 2240 transistors. I do have a schematic which I derived from the board and the parts list of how they were used in an ENI RF preamplifier, if its of interest to you.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 02:56:57 pm »
I still have them, though they might take a little effort to find. I see some on ebay at the moment for £20, PM me an offer.  :)

And yes that schematic would be interesting.

Offline anstos

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 12:10:30 am »
Here is the schematic I came up with from the parts list I found online.  Q1, Q2, and Q3 are all marked ENI 2240, which the parts list has as CD2240. I can't find a datasheet anywhere except for the NSN characteristics, which are probably not to be trusted.  Please let me know if you can figure out some general values for power gain etc.

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 01:49:18 am »
FYI, BeO isn't a hazard unless you're making particulates of it.  Dust, grinding, smashing.  It's otherwise a very hard ceramic, not prone to abrasion by other materials, no need to worry about washing hands or breathing mask.  Do keep them in a padded case (say, clamped between two pieces of foam, or even better, in cutouts) so they aren't rubbing against each other.  (If they have been rubbing, may be wise to dust them off outdoors, or wash them with water or alcohol to keep the dust down.)

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline anstos

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 03:03:00 am »
I made contact with a former ENI employee who was able to give me this info (pic attached). Cheers!

The following users thanked this post: richard.cs, mormi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 10:11:11 am »
That is very useful thank you, especially knowing that it's a re-marked SD1407 - that leads to the whole datasheet. :)

Offline mormi

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 12:09:03 am »
hi, this is a breakthru in finding the real transistor.now i have a mistery trasistor of my own , ENI30B for the same reason , everybody sell it by the bucket but no datasheet.Will be nice if you are so kind to ask the same person that give you the information about cd2241-1, what is it. Thanks

Offline torinwalker

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 06:08:03 pm »
Does this former ENI employee do requests? I'm trying to resurrect an ENI OEM-6 RF Plasma Generator with a failled "Motorola ENI-1B" power transistor on it.

I've called Jeff Keller at E&I (formed from ENI after MKS bought them), MKS support (no response), and even NXP (who owns Motorola) who immediately shut me down without even trying. All dead ends.

I would be very grateful if your contact could produce a similar spec sheet showing the original transistor on which the ENI-1B is based, or even provide an educated guess as to a suitable replacement.

Frankly, I don't care if I use the original transistor and lose whatever "binned" characteristics, so long as my generator starts generating again.

Much appreciated if help can be offered.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 06:44:08 pm by torinwalker »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf