Author Topic: DIY micro soldering iron (micopencil)  (Read 2762 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fableTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 73
  • Country: cs
DIY micro soldering iron (micopencil)
« on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:37 pm »
Hi guys.

I needed a micropencil soldering iron to reach some tight place.I decided to make one fast.I looked around found this which wold do the trick



a glow plug from diesel engine and i think its from citroen or peugeot.
I took some copper wire and wrap it on tip and connected it to bench psu 12V 5A over a relay and a micro switch.



It worked amazingly well, it heats up in  3-4 sek and it's ready for solder melting .I made my job done so at the end i make a wooden handle



sorry for bad english.

 

Offline frogblender

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 143
Re: DIY micro soldering iron (micopencil)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 02:44:28 pm »
PICTURE!!!   (please!)
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->