Author Topic: EEZ Bench Box 3 (BB3)  (Read 154972 times)

Offline prasimixTopic starter

• Supporter
    • EEZ
Re: EEZ Bench Box 3 (BB3)
« Reply #650 on: January 19, 2024, 05:08:52 pm »
You can now follow @Jan28's progress with the electronic module in the BB3 EEZ-DIB form factor also on GitHub: https://github.com/fietser28/EL-Load

Fantastic work!

The following users thanked this post: danielbriggs, Kean, abeyer

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #651 on: January 19, 2024, 05:14:22 pm »
@goran.mahovlic from Intergalaktik.eu finalized STM32H7 module in CM4 form factor for BB3-CM4 module. Project is now available on GitHub: https://github.com/intergalaktik/bb3-cm4/tree/main/EEZ_BB3_CM4_H7

The following users thanked this post: danielbriggs, Kean, abeyer

Offline Lion_Tamer

• Contributor
« Reply #652 on: February 18, 2024, 04:06:56 pm »
Hi All

I am finally getting round to finishing the assembling of some more modules for my 2nd BB3 and have one that ia throwing an error message, I haven't managed to find a list of the possible error codes and explanations anywhere so thought I would ask on here.

The module in question is a DCP405 R3B3 and the message that I am getting is is "Ch1 IOEXP fault match detected" with a continuous rapid beeping and inability to close the message, this has also sometimes caused the BB3 to enter and exit standby repeatedly even though the power on self checks come back as okay.

Does anyone know what the code set criteria is for this fault code? I assume that it is one or more of the input signals to IC14 that it is moaning about but not sure which one.

For info incase it matters - I am using an R3B3 MCU with firmware V1.7.6

Thank you

Jem

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #653 on: February 18, 2024, 04:12:16 pm »
Check if your PCB has JP2 on bottom side, and if yes then cut it and check once again. Be also sure that I/O Expander IC is soldered correctly.

Offline Lion_Tamer

• Contributor
« Reply #654 on: February 18, 2024, 05:45:54 pm »
Yes I had JP2 on the bottom - I have another 3 of these modules to complete - will I need to cut it on all of them?
The soldering on the IC looked okay but when I tested between adjacent pins there was a short between pins 1 (~set_DP) and 2 (OE) - must have been a really small whisker as I still couldn't see it at 30x magnification - Looks like my next investment might have to be a microscope.

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #655 on: February 18, 2024, 05:49:02 pm »
You can cut JP2 if you wish, that is RESET line that comes from MCU and in some rare situation could generate instability hence it's removed in the latest revision.

Online IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #656 on: March 10, 2024, 05:37:08 pm »
Hi,

Really like the retractable feet on my BB3 and want to use them on a home made design for something else......where can I get them?

BOM just says:
A-951-A-0-G-0
Adjustable feet (pack of 2) Altinkaya, Turkey

Ian.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 05:44:19 pm by IanJ »
Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Online HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #657 on: March 10, 2024, 05:51:39 pm »

The following users thanked this post: IanJ

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf