what the hell, I have a bunch of these ceramic comp resistors. I think the assembly house is just making bull shit up.
Very very sensitive? What? It's a solid piece of ceramic. Its strong. And they don't have jigs to bend stuff? they sound bootleg and uninformed. Why don't you buy one and play with it. The dude is planning to drain your wallet. Its a 5W resistor too. Are they planning on dropping them? I could understand if it was a pirate that had two hook hands. I got 1w, 2w, 3w versions here, and a 5w somewhere. its basically like any other resistor in terms of handling. And for precise bending you just need a jig (even a major cheap skate place would just make it out of wood), but they bend fine by hand. I abused the crap out of them when I was bending them every which way (with my bare hands) doing experiments on different impedance analyzer fixtures. 0 fails .
this a rugged part intended for high stress applications. It would not work if it was weak.
p.s. it sounds like some bullshit involving concrete floors and stuff falling on top of stuff that is left on the ground. maybe they should get some esd flooring. this place sounds shady.