HI, working on a Lab PSU based on the motorola MC1466L still available from china.
The circuit is basic motorola spec similar to this circuit
http://www.sentex.ca/~mec1995/circ/ps4002/ps4002.htmlalthough I have 2x 2n3773 pass transistors with 0.33 ohm emitor stabilizer resistors
Driven by a 1000 hfe darlington so as not to pull to much from the IC.
and extended output to 0-50V 0-2A
I'v used the best parts I can for this as I want it to be a precision psu, buying digital pannel meters for current and voltage, taking care of layout and extra everything where I can.
Post build and test
Voltage: 0-50V calibrated and stable as far as 50K 10 turn pots can be
Cuurrent: 0-1999ma calibrated ok
Problem: I switch on and set output voltage to say 10v, short output, and set current to say 40ma
Then slowly the current starts to drift (Fortunately down!), after half an hour it's down to 10ma!!!
so so much for mc1466l precision Ic, enen my op-amp based psu's don't do this.
So it's somthing warming up then ?, I'v studied the motorola pdf and it goes on about temprature compensated circuits in the chip etc , sposed to be 0.01% on voltage & current.
The voltage seems pretty stable, but from a precision psu if I set 40ma I want it to be still pretty much 40ma after half an hour surley not 10ma.!
I bought 3 of these chips from china and they all show the same issues.
The real worry here is, I sprayed the chip (short spray) with switch cleaner, as i had no freezer
and the output climed back up to 40ma!
So the chips are crap or is this normal?
I'm evan suppying the chip with a regulated 25V!, not half wave like in the data sheets.
Any one any experience this with the MC1466L based psu?
Or any pointers
Many thank's