Author Topic: Mystery IC description - Epson D13A0500B1  (Read 1015 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nexusTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 212
  • Country: us
Mystery IC description - Epson D13A0500B1
« on: January 17, 2023, 04:49:13 am »
Hi all,

Working on a piece of equipment (Agilent N1911A power meter) that has an intermittent display flicker. While I'm recrimping all ribbon cables, reflowing all display connectors, replacing the DS90 series LVDS drivers, I also saw this Epson IC near the LVDS transmitter on the motherboard. No idea what it is, tried searching for it on all the usual websites.

Any idea what the heck this Epson BGA is? Microcontroller, display related, etc? If its display related I will reball it, just to be sure there are no corroded/intermittent connections.

Cheers
 

Offline gamalot

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1937
  • Country: au
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
I'm a poet, I didn't even know it. |  https://youtube.com/@gamalot | https://github.com/gamalot
 

Offline nexusTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 212
  • Country: us
Re: Mystery IC description - Epson D13A0500B1
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 05:35:06 am »
Thanks for that. I went ahead and reballed this part. Also replaced the LVDS transmitter on the mobo and the matching receiver on the front panel. Also recrimped front panel ribbon and bought a new LCD module (Sharp LQ038Q5DR01). Display is now clear and flicker free.

Unit seems to be fully functional, but developed a new self test error. "Test Point Voltages - Fail" which according to the service manual "Checks that all of the supply voltages are present". No further detail in manual or on unit after self test. Is it that hard to actually report which voltage rail is failing the test?!

The main power supply (off board) is brand new so I doubt that is the issue. What's odd is that everything seems to work, including the calibrator and when an actual power sensor is plugged in.

All test points on the board also are fine (+12V, +5V, +3V3, -5V). Now I need to do a shotgun replacement of all the linear and switching controllers on the mobo (2 LT 1086s and 1 MAX774). The 1086s were pretty close to the rework area for that BGA, so maybe something was affected even though I was careful with the heat.

Why can't it ever be easy?
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->