Author Topic: PIC Programming Question  (Read 1639 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline bostonmanTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2840
  • Country: us
PIC Programming Question
« on: March 07, 2022, 01:47:18 am »
I have a Superpro 280U programmer which supports a PIC I want to (hopefully) read the code from and burn a blank: PIC12CE67X

Page 28 of the manual (see attached) states that DIP chips are inserted at the bottom. If a chip has a special connection, when the chip is selected in the software, it will pop up with a pin connection.

The PIC is 8 pins, but this programmer doesn't label any pins nor show a diagram for the pin connections. Before I insert it into the programmer, I want to make sure I don't blow up the chip.

Does the programmer determine how to set the pin states? I don't understand how the programmer would figure out that pin 1 is VDD and not a data line.
 

Online coromonadalix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8800
  • Country: ca
Re: PIC Programming Question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 03:04:03 am »
Any programmer ive seen start from the bottom socket   
ex: 
pins 17 18 19 20 - 21 22 23 24   40 pins socket and 

pins 19 20 21 22 - 23 24 25 26  for the 44 pins socket

normally the programmer will do some tests   and it should not damage an blank chip
 

Offline bostonmanTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2840
  • Country: us
Re: PIC Programming Question
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 03:19:57 am »
Should I buy a blank first and run a test, or will it not prove anything because it's blank?

So this looks like a 48 pin socket on the programmer. I should stick the 8 pin PIC on the very bottom (so pin 4 of the PIC will be in pin 24 on the programmer socket?

 

Offline jiarui

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 26
  • Country: us
Re: PIC Programming Question
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 09:00:25 pm »
I'm not sure if you need to modify, write code.  But a Pic Kit 3 is very handy.  You can get a clone for around $20.  You'll need to connect 5 pins, including ground and power between the chip and the kit.  You can also use it to debug code.
 

Offline bostonmanTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2840
  • Country: us
Re: PIC Programming Question
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 02:07:29 am »
Thanks for the advice.

I had looked into buying one before starting this thread, but then discovered the programmer I have supports this model PIC.

 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->