Author Topic: Programming off the shelf CSR8635 module  (Read 172053 times)

Offline Greenstratocaster

Re: Programming off the shelf CSR8635 module
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2020, 06:28:52 am »
Hi! I have some soft for QCC chip. Anyone need?

Offline larryqiann

« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2020, 06:46:41 am »
Does anyone know what software tools and hardware are necessary to program a QCC3008 chip? I have one that comes with software that appears misconfigured causing it to be unable to reconnect if the device disconnects until the chip is restarted. Is it true that these need actual code programming to function? If so, is there reference code/anything like a default configuration for them?

Thanks!

Offline lutkeveld

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2020, 07:37:00 am »
Hi! I have some soft for QCC chip. Anyone need?

Please share everything you have!

Offline kdumonteiro

« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2020, 06:16:17 am »
same problem here...

Offline jmibk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2021, 12:30:52 pm »
Question to the CSRA64215 (maybe also other models):

I have the problem, that the CSRA64215 module (tried some of them, every one has the same issue) goes to a kind of sleep mode if no device is paired with it.
It stays in connectable mode for a few minutes and switches off after that time period. Cycling power is the only way to get it back running.

Is there a setting in the software configuration or a pin to wake up by hardware?

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2021, 09:58:58 pm »
Question to the CSRA64215 (maybe also other models):

I have the problem, that the CSRA64215 module (tried some of them, every one has the same issue) goes to a kind of sleep mode if no device is paired with it.
It stays in connectable mode for a few minutes and switches off after that time period. Cycling power is the only way to get it back running.

Is there a setting in the software configuration or a pin to wake up by hardware?

I believe by default the MFB - multifunction button (usually the play button) - will wake it up or power it on again.  I'll have to check the config on mine and get back to you.

Offline jmibk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2021, 08:39:29 am »
I believe by default the MFB - multifunction button (usually the play button) - will wake it up or power it on again.

Ok, thats a hint. Which GPIO is that?

I'll have to check the config on mine and get back to you.
That would be great!

Offline johnywhy

• Contributor
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2021, 03:20:40 am »
Which seems to work with every app I have (including the one to change EQ settings).
Um... what other apps are there? :)

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2021, 09:55:24 pm »
I believe by default the MFB - multifunction button (usually the play button) - will wake it up or power it on again.

Ok, thats a hint. Which GPIO is that?

This depends on your module, as differetn modules have different ROMs (that enable features) with different configs (in EEPROM). Often its labelled as the one used for Play/Pause, as the most common configs are 3 button (MFB/pair/play/pause, FF/skip/volup, RW/back/voldown) and 5 button (volume and FF/RW on different GPIO).

Offline shianne

• Contributor
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2021, 08:16:13 am »
Hello,

I managed to work with an CSR8645.
As mentioned here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/programming-off-the-shelf-csr8635-module/msg968548/#msg968548 the CSR8600 ROM Series Configuraton Tool will brick the CSR chip.

I got a working result (= did not brick the chip) with CSR8600 ROM Series Configuraton Tool version 3.0.70 (Installer file name: CSR86XX ConfigurationTool-3.0.70.exe)
I am using the CSR-USB-SPI-Programmer clone - FT232 did never work for me.

What I do not understand at the moment is the high "standby" current consumtion which is about 1.5mA.
Maybe this has something to do with the design around the chip - there seems to be the option for linear regulator and SMPS.
All the headsets I have seen used the SMPS. My module seems to use the linear regulators.

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2021, 07:19:19 pm »
All linear regulators have quiescent current, so I think you're right.  The chip is a SOC, so has full control of all its regulators, and can power things down selectively meaning it can have the minimum power consuption. External regulators can't be controlled by the SOC.

I suppose you could relgace the regulators with ones with shutdown.

Offline dremeier

« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2023, 01:07:57 am »
does someone know the pins on a BTM525 to connect the csr-spi? I mean, where the MISO MOSI CS CLK Pins?

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #212 on: December 09, 2023, 07:17:40 pm »
The older modules shared teh SPI port with the I2S - same clock and Data IO, but with a pin that selected between the two.  So if you can find a pin name "SPI/PCM" that'll be it.

Seems the BTM525 uses a newer chipset that isn't supported by any currently available software to modify the user settings, so even if you did have access to the config port - how would you change any of the settings?

Offline dremeier

« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2023, 12:48:45 pm »
On the BTM525 module is the qcc5125 chip. So there is no ADK or Bluesuite available to program it? :-[

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf