I am currently embebed in a Project which consists in creating an ultrasonic anemometer, for it, i am using the Texas Instruments TDC1000-C2000 board because i saw that it is possible to create an ultrasonic anemometer with this board. I am using 300 Khz transducers and i am currently working with the Murata MA300D1-1, the PUI UTR-16295K-TP-LWC60 and the Unictron UTR-16295K-TP-LWC60 (i bought them all for tries but i can´t get valid results).
The idea for now is nothing simpler than to measure the signal that i receive from the transducer that sends the signal but i don´t know what it is that we can´t receive a signal. All of the transdcuers are working because i used a signal generator to try if it was a transducer based problem but i gathered this information(excell).
That is when i use the osciloscope and the generator by themselves, but when i use the TDC1000-C2000 with the following configuration i do not obtain any signal received, even at the lowest distance.I changed the 8 Mhz clock for a 10 Mhz clock so the division would be 312,5 khz(that is still the range of my transdcuers) but phiscially it wouldn matter because i should see in the oscilloscope the signal received. I know there is ringing and i know that the osciloscope (yellow is connected to TX1 and blue to TX2) is well configured, also i have changed the r3 and r4 200 ohms resistance for 120 ohms resistance and the c4 and c5 capacitors i also changed it for 931 ohms resistance so i would convert it in a resistive circuit, as the texas instruments guide recommend for such application.
I also changed some capacitors and some resistance in the PGA and LNA filters, the first one, i changed the c15 1000pF for a 3.3 nF capacitor and then i changed the c19 and c20 51pF capacitors for 150 pF capacitors and that are all the changes i made. I did the calculations and it would work with these changes but i am having trouble with all the transducers earlier mentioned.
I would like to know why i am failing to capture a real signal when i connect the transducers to the board even if i throw the same voltage with the signal generator and i do receive it perfectly at the same distance anda same voltage. Thank you so much.