Author Topic: USB RS232 Adapter...  (Read 513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline cncjerryTopic starter

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 1475
USB RS232 Adapter...
« on: December 08, 2025, 06:31:03 am »
Every now and then something comes along that I think is pretty cool, is cheap, but then when you buy it, you find out it might have a serious limitation that impacts its usability.  For instance, I bought one of these USB RS232 adapters that has built in debugging lights. I thought how cool is that for like $23USD? And so I hooked it up, and I found out that in a normal configuration, the way you would mount the RS232 connector on the panel, the lights are upside down. They are on the plastic on the skinny side of the connector if you follow me.  I'm like what the hell?  and in this case, the connector sits right above a table, so you can't see the lights.  The adapter I was using before seemed to connect more quickly, or maybe the device was responding more quickly, I'm not sure but if I was able to see the lights, I would know.  I'll have to dig out a cable to extend it.

Anyway, enough complaining. It's still pretty cool for the money.

Jerry
 

Online coromonadalix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8785
  • Country: ca
Re: USB RS232 Adapter...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2025, 09:56:49 am »
you rant about something, no precision on the model  etc ...   useless post from you
 

Offline pcprogrammer

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6102
  • Country: nl
Re: USB RS232 Adapter...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2025, 10:24:17 am »
you rant about something, no precision on the model  etc ...   useless post from you

My thoughts exactly. At minimum a picture of the device would have been nice. Me love pictures.  :-DD


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->