Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Selling Signal Hound SA124B
« Last post by gsmaudis on Today at 02:56:22 pm »
I'm selling my Signal Hound SA124B 100kHz to12.4 GHz spectrum analyzer.
In full working order, it was bought directly from the manufacturer.
I'm asking $980 including shipping within the wordwide.
Included are the SA124B and USB cables.
Software is available off Signal Hound's website: https://signalhound.com/spike/
Security / Re: Microsoft repackages apps with a telemetry .NET wrapper
« Last post by Karel on Today at 02:54:43 pm »
It's interesting to watch how, despite all the complains, people are still addicted to windows.
Reminds me to the apalog of the boiling frog...  >:D
I will take if shipping available Mountainside, NJ 07092

Andrew
The Microchip PicKit 4 and 5 support offline programming (both support SD card, the 5 also Bluetooth from a phone), and I checked that the Atmega  chips of traditional Arduino boards are indeed supported for “Programmer to Go” (PTG). But you’d have to adapt your code to compile in MPLAB X, since there doesn’t appear to be a way to upload binaries compiled externally.

With that said, why hasn’t OP, like, googled anything? This is a very solved problem, with Adafruit having documented it extremely well:
https://learn.adafruit.com/standalone-avr-chip-programmer
mosquitto just works, and it's pretty robust, usually you install it and forget about any maintenance. Recently I've been using rumqttd (a broker that comes with the rust mqtt package) on a development environment and I can say it works fine, but I haven't tested on long term deployments to compare against mosquitto.
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by Fungus on Today at 02:47:18 pm »
by theory, Sinc should be able to reconstruct grey wave (original wave) from blue dots (sampled points)

Riddle me this:

Signal theory also says there's only one curve that fits a set of sampled points in a bandwidth limited signal.

The "AM" signal fits perfectly so how can we say it's possible to reconstruct the original sine wave? It contradicts theory.
It's sad news, aside from what one may think of MFJ stuff, and then the brands owned by MFJ like Ameritron, Cushcraft, HyGain and so on, will disappear as well

I wonder if Mr. Jue considered the idea of letting his dependants carry on and then acquire the company to keep it going
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by Fungus on Today at 02:45:09 pm »
since we saw AM modulated reconstruction by Sinc interpolation earlier meaning its not perfect according to theory. or possibly nyquist limit was already violated due to presence of harmonics (imperfect BW limited scope). ymmv.

The thing is: I've seen the same effect in a synthesizer, not a sampler, and with a hardware filter.
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: WTB - AU : Empty component reels in 12, 16 and 24mm
« Last post by Kean on Today at 02:41:03 pm »
I bought some of the 8mm reels from E14 a number of years ago when I was mainly buying cut tape and re-reeling myself.
The ones I received were not all new, still having some signs of old labels, and none were anti-static type.

I only have a small number of empty 12mm reels, and few if any wider ones.  Maybe some 13", but not 7".

Do you work with any local assemblers?  There is a good chance they might be able to put some aside...
If you do have any response from MATR I'm happy to consider a joint purchase.
The measurement values in Scope mode seem to have more problems than I thought before when in DC input mode(FW1.32). I measured the switching on signal of my PSU at 12V setpoint. I set the scope to 100ms/div and 5V/div. The signal on the screen clearly shows the 12V amplitude of the voltage ramp. The vpp,max,min values are completely off and do depend on where I set the vertical offset.
Zoyi please fix this. I cannot imagine that this is hard to do.

looks like this issue is fixed in fw 1.35. The min/max measurements still give funny results in roll mode and stopped. Btw, the trigger level value shown at the top is nonsense. Note , the trigger vert position on the Zoyi is always related to the screen coordinates. When you switch the vert sensitivity , the trigger arrow stays at the same position. A bit unusual for me, but for this small unit maybe not a bad choice. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next