Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: Ribbon Laser Bonding on PCB
« Last post by Kean on Today at 10:25:18 am »
I'm guessing these are too small... or as you say, not flat.

https://www.keyelco.com/category.cfm/Test-Points-Tips-Probes-Clips/SMT-PCB-Jumpers/p/518/id/1206
https://www.keyelco.com/userAssets/file/M70p60.pdf

The largest seem to be 2.0x2.54mm, 1.7x3.0mm, or 1.8x5.5mm on top surface.  Maybe they could make something custom one for you.
wide input voltage of ??   current ??    you miss some vital point  ....
Repair / Re: SORENSEN XPF60-20SP service problem
« Last post by coromonadalix on Today at 10:15:22 am »
http://www.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=manuals   may have the  xpf series ????

put xantrex in the search box   
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: LFS I want to buy a Fluke 9100
« Last post by coromonadalix on Today at 10:14:00 am »
better specify  the letter who goes after 9100

calibrator / oven  etc ...  on another thread    just writing 9100 bring confusion
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Fluke 9100 Display....
« Last post by coromonadalix on Today at 10:12:22 am »
loll  i think
Sad  :-[

Here we lost a 46 year electronic company too   ....
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol MSO5000 series oscilloscopes
« Last post by Kean on Today at 10:09:36 am »
Regarding Restore Defaults in the Pre Boot Menu, I believe this is a pretty important step when downgrading firmware as the stored settings are not necessarily backwards compatible and could cause weird behaviour.
- After my testing, i disagree (i was off that opinion 2 days ago as well, I'm off a new opinion now)
[snip]
I wouldn't worry about it,  I did this several times

Sure.  You may not see any problems between those two recent firmware releases you tested with, but that is quite a limited test especially if you aren't using the scope feature between versions in such a way that defaults get changed.

There have definitely been issues in the past when going between various releases without defaulting the settings.  So a user who has an unit that they've been actively using with older firmware is more likely to have a problem.

Not a big deal, it just wasted some of my time when I encountered it and had to got back to that menu.  And in my case I was upgrading not downgrading - I believe from 0A.01.03.00.01 to 00.01.03.03.00.

Similarly, it is pretty important to run the self cal after an upgrade (and warm up).  The scope will work without it, but may not meet specifications.  I haven't watched all your videos, but I expect you cover that.

This is what i suspect, about the MSO500, However it's also NOT supported on the MSO7000, it starts to be supported on the MSO8000.

I thought I saw it was available for the MSO7000, but just looking now at Rigol site & datasheets I can only see it listed as option "MSO8000-JITTER".
Clearly they tried to get it working on the 7k platform, but gave up.  They just left the common code in there as it is effectively disabled without a license (unless hacked).

I doubt it is worth wasting any time on it - others have already tried with limited success.
See https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/mso5000-jitter-and-eye-diagrams/
And https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-rigol-mso5000-series-oscilloscopes/msg2656659/#msg2656659
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by gf on Today at 10:03:51 am »
Yes, but with sin(x)/x filter (a very practical one) the 2.5x rule is about right.

2.5 (i.e. a transition band of 0.4...0.6 * sample_rate) seems to be a "typical" value for DSOs.
But it is of course possible to design interpolation filters with a narrower or wider transition band.

In the video, a noticeable wobble already started to appear at 100 MHz (or approx. sample_rate/3).
So it seems that the DHO800 uses a softer interpolation filter with a wider transition band (at least at 312 MSa/s -- this may be different at higher sample rates).
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by 2N3055 on Today at 09:59:00 am »
Yes, it is real   ;D
(Attachment Link)

This screen layout is much better than original...

But  a question:

You show signal that has 10ns period, measurements measure 20ns period, and Counter measure 140 Hz (should be cca 100MHz)..
Am I confused or what?
Test Equipment / Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Last post by Sham73 on Today at 09:58:23 am »
I don't have this on my older FW version.
I assume it means "real time auto".
So it does "auto" whenever the signal changes without you pressing the button. Just a guess.
Try if the scales change automatically with different frequencies or amplitudes.
Thanks, I will try..

I had a couple of questions:
2) I have 2 video capture adapters.  One of them is working, the other is not. It turns on when you twist or press the board in a certain way, but not always. Upon careful examination, I did not find any contact failure on the board.  Therefore, I want to compare both adapters on an oscilloscope. I want to ask: can I simultaneously check both adapters with both probes, connecting each of them to its own minus, or is this not possible?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next