Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Security / Re: Microsoft repackages apps with a telemetry .NET wrapper
« Last post by tooki on Today at 01:30:17 am »
There is no good purpose for telemetry, it is needed only for malicious purposes
What a myopic, hysterical, uninformed, and untrue claim.

There are definitely some uses for telemetry that are absolutely beneficial to the user: crash reports and usability research. Developers use crash reports to figure out what the most common application crashes are, so they can fix them.

Stable software benefits the user.

Some developers use telemetry to figure out how people use their software: which features actually get used the most? How do people access them (toolbars? Menus? Keyboard shortcuts? Right-click menus?) Which commands get used in what combinations? For example, knowing which commands are often followed by “undo” tells you it’s an error-prone feature. Microsoft’s use of usability telemetry has directly resulted in lots of usability improvements, for example the handy little menu that appears after pasting to let you format the pasted data. Knowing which features are used and how can help guide what features get prioritized for development.

Usability benefits the user.
Thermal Imaging / Re: Infiray XH09 X2 series, discussion
« Last post by OutoftheBox on Today at 01:29:55 am »
I have tried embarrassingly long to implement your advice and get it to work; however, I can't seem to get it to work.  I have systemically worked through the code, but only to further break it.  I don't really know what I am doing as I have been just reading the blogs and trying to copy/paste codes until I figure it out.  Do you mind elaborating on what I need to do?
You may be right, I thought that switch has 12V output. Any recommendation for footswitch that would have directly the 12V output?
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: Piezo Cylinder Driver
« Last post by moffy on Today at 01:18:17 am »
The excitation voltage, depends on the amount of movement you need for your lens cleaning, which depends upon the piezo shape and material as well as your mechanical coupling and damping. So you are basically driving an 11nF capacitor which will look more resistive the more energy is absorbed mechanically, can't say how much you need because it is specific to your setup and requirements. You do need to get from the manufacturer a maximum allowable voltage for your piezo and then just try a signal generator and a high voltage amp for piezos and work out what you need to drive the cylinder at. Once you have those figures you know what to design.
Repair / Re: SORENSEN XPF60-20SP service problem
« Last post by teatime on Today at 01:15:13 am »
Thank you.
But I cannot find the schematics of XPF60-20 at this website.
I just discovered an undocumented feature on this little instrument.

If you goin into the FG via the "Gen" button, you are limited to 5MHz on sine wave, as per the specifications.  However if you go into the full-screen FG via the "Home"   menu (short press the power button) you can get the sine function at 10MHz!!  :-+ :-+

This is with the latest firmware.

I have also verified the new frequency counter is good from 15Hz to 35MHz - well beyond specification.
Test Equipment / Re: TinySA Ultra launched
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 01:01:21 am »
I vote @shapirus reports the bug, he found it, I was just confirming it.

The creator Erik Kaashoeck is a regular user here on EEVblog, and likely quite ajour with this thread.

Erik is user erikka (#130).

Even better! No effort bug reporting. 😉
Siglent SDS1000X HD 12 bit Oscilloscope Teardown and brief play, noise measurement, and comparison to the SDS2000X HD

SDS2000X HD Teardown: 
Test Equipment / Re: TinySA Ultra launched
« Last post by DaneLaw on Today at 12:52:18 am »
I vote @shapirus reports the bug, he found it, I was just confirming it.

The creator Erik Kaashoeck is a regular user here on EEVblog, and likely quite ajour with this thread.

Erik is user erikka (#130).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next