Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Metrology / ESI RV622A Resistor Repair
« Last post by gmilliorn on Today at 02:41:53 am »
I have an RV622 that fails if standing on end, or if bumped laying flat.  I traced it down to one
resistor that has a "bond wire" detached.  It's hard to get a good picture, but the circled area
is detached from the resistor.

All these resistors look like the leads were spot-welded.  I don't have such a tool, is it safe to try
to try to solder the wire?  The end cap is pretty large and I don't want to melt anything.
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by radiolistener on Today at 02:36:54 am »
No, the wording doesn’t say the power consumption is in the capacitor

Yes, I see, but you wrote it in that way that it looks like I was said that capacitor will consume power. But that's not true.

just that you thought adding the capacitor increased power consumption in total

No. I don't thought that adding capacitor increased power consumption in total. This is your thought, not mine!

I was talked that it will increase instantaneous power consumption taken by generator rotor. But average power consumption taken by generator rotor will be the same (ignore higher heat loss on the wires).

I don't see anything wrong with it.  :-//
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by blackfin76 on Today at 02:33:49 am »
should keep it.

Nee.

But sometimes it can be usefull to find your next job.

Microcontrollers / Re: CH32V003 using I2C mpu6050
« Last post by jlsilicon on Today at 02:29:19 am »
Why shift left if its sent 7bit.
I thought you would shift right : x68 >> 1 => 7bit
Power/Renewable Energy/EV's / Re: Totem Pole PFC is over-hyped?
« Last post by temperance on Today at 02:25:55 am »
Had a chuckle reading this, while doing a bring up of 3.3kW TTPLPFC

What is your experience with the TTPL PFC in terms of efficiency and mains filters?

@ Faringdon

We are still waiting for proper calculations and a real world proto type demonstrating your sync boost PFC with an active bridge. There is a real market for those if what you wrote is true.
Drinking water is a small part of residential water use. Just use the "waste" water for other stuff?
Test Equipment / Re: Tek 2465 Horizontal Sweep Issue
« Last post by kellymcdonald78 on Today at 02:24:35 am »
And it's gone again :( Not sure where to go next, might need to see if I can borrow another scope to troubleshoot it further
General Technical Chat / Re: ultra sonic transducers
« Last post by CatalinaWOW on Today at 02:17:50 am »
You say you don't have enough range.  Have you tried your short range devices at short range?   Maybe walk over to the barking dogs and see at what range they stop barking.  With that information you can be more specific about what you need.  For example if they stop barking when you are 5 feet away and you need to work from 150 feet you will need to step up power by (150/5)^2 or 900 times.  And at that level the ultrasonic sound might interfere with your sleep directly, even if you can't hear it.
Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: Source for small "potting boxes"??.....
« Last post by tooki on Today at 02:14:19 am »
Why not order from a reputable vendor like DigiKey? “Box, potting” is a type of box you can filter for in the Boxes product subcategory.

https://www.digikey.com/short/8ttbh7jt

I would actually very much prefer to order from a "reputable distributor".  That is always my first choose. While I appreciate the link to a digikey category, if you had gone to that link you would see that the box configuration I need isn't available.  And while there are a bunch of pages of products, once you get past the first pages the boxes cost like $10+ each.  If I wanted to spend that much money I'd have something custom injection moulded.
This is compared to a random Chinese seller, but with the thing I actually need and a cost of $0.12.
Lose the bad attitude, dude. Newsflash, I’m not clairvoyant. I have no idea what configuration you need — you posted a screenshot with 38 different sizes.

Meanwhile, your original post made it clear you hadn’t even looked at regular sources, since you didn’t even seem to know if the boxes existed as a standard product, something a cursory google search would have shown.
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by tooki on Today at 02:07:47 am »
My favourite one was when it took several pages to explain why a capacitor connected to a generator doesn't increase the power consumption, ignoring the tiny extra I2R losses.

For what reason you're writing it in that way like I was claimed that capacitor will consume the power? This is false. I didn't claimed that.
No, the wording doesn’t say the power consumption is in the capacitor, just that you thought adding the capacitor increased power consumption in total. Which is something you stated in the thread over and over and over.

We could substitute “reading comprehension” for listening, and you just proved our point: you don’t listen, or in this case, read carefully. You’re seeing what you want to see, not what’s actually written.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next