Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/power-management-pmic/voltage-regulators-dc-dc-switching-regulators/739?s=N4IgjCBcoLQdIDGUBmBDANgZwKYBoQB7KAbXDAAYAmEAXQF9Gg

Only 8 of 65 MPNs are available. Over 40 are suddenly obsolete. My company got zero notification of the obsolescence of these modules despite buying thousands from various distributors over the past few years. What happened?
Repair / Re: Rigol DP712 Output Shorted; Fuse? / I Screwed Up
« Last post by zanfar on Today at 12:30:09 am »
I had time today to open the power supply. Once open, there was a clear smell of smoke.

The first image is of the battery connection, as requested. The only changes have been to disconnect the positive (red) lead from the power supply and connect the DMM to verify the battery voltage (11.467VDC)

The second image is of the power supply operating in the failed state. Again, the only changes were to disconnect the outputs.

The third image has what I now think is (at least part of) the problem. I assume the goal will be to replace the TO-220 component, which I believe to be a Diodes, Inc. S12M15-600B (https://www.diodes.com/assets/Datasheets/S12M15600B_LS.pdf)

Are there any other places I should double-check? Are there any caveats to desoldering and replacing this part? I am a moderately skilled solderer and have a quality station available.

Thanks again for you time.
it's a quite brilliant idea, sir.  thanks for your reply.
my colleague, the hardware engineer dude created troubles, haha, but for us, we solve troubles.
if I force DDR SPI working in SDR SPI, I only concern about the data on rising edge, and ignore the falling edge, that needs a little trick. 
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: PC74hct4046ap Replacement
« Last post by dj_holmes on Today at 12:27:25 am »
Thank you for the feedback. Its in a very delicate location. Even a 1% improvement could potentially result in 25% better sound. I am already using the best regulator and caps and resistors but I have not altere the design in anyway. Its over 30 years old. Is there nothing that can be tweaked or slot in improvement?

As the description says its 11.2XXMhz which gets spilt into half from the other chip and appears to feedback into the 4060.  My skills are not great but am willing to do some experiementing if theer are any suggestions. Thanks
Metrology / Re: ADR1001 - Ovenized Voltage Reference System
« Last post by bastl_r on Today at 12:23:39 am »
Finer lithography 0.18u mentioned change "Analog Devices Beaverton OR, USA (ADBN) as an alternate Wafer Fab site to TSMC" I guess ADI has some token fab ability in America. Maxim was also hit with the acquisition and new stupid business model.

This reminds me of my employer (automotive industry) where the management team consists almost exclusively of business people who believe that everything can be bought in the desired quality at the cheapest prices.
In addition, they overlook the fact that they are continually giving up core competencies that will never come back because the knowledge is gone over time and would have to be bought back at great expense.
Fortunately, I only have just under two years left...
But our children will suffer from these bad decisions!
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: WSJT-X on Pi
« Last post by metrologist on Today at 12:23:25 am »
I started over and installed the 64-bit os and it worked. Also, Logitech headset works so that will be the interface to the old rig. Thanks
Size is the issue, there's not much space in the housing.  I found it surprising that the capacitors are a) very hard to find and b) extremely expensive, but I guess the two go together.
Need more information on this "industrial device" is it a computer? Running linux or custom OS?
Can it supply enough power at 12V directly to the printer (5-20W+)?

USB usually is probably easier unless it is a lower spec device.
Yes, I didn't explain it well.  I'm fairly sure there are two motors stacked vertically.  One turns one way, one turns the other, depending on the selection of a toggle switch.  Each is connected to a 24VAC "hot" coming from the control board and they both share a 24VAC "common".  The capacitor is across the two "hots".  But maybe it is one motor with the phase shift you mention.
Thermal Imaging / Flir E75 activation serial number and warranty
« Last post by maicoalvim on Today at 12:17:26 am »
Hello, I bought a used Flor E75 on eBay, for $1399.  Used.  The camera arrived today and the first thing I did was do a factory reset.  Ok. So I went to the flir website to see if it was possible to add this camera to my profile and I did, but what I found curious is that it says that the camera warranty started today.  In fact, the date is 04/24/2024.  It is possible?  From what I saw in the camera documents, the manufacturing date is 2020.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next